Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Mosque in Sacramento firebombed in suspected hate crime attack
World
2 min read
Brooke Anderson
Washington, D.C.
03 January, 2023
A recent firebomb at a mosque in California is a rare incident in the area, but it comes at a time of increased attacks on mosques across the US.
A Molotov cocktail that exploded in a mosque over the Christmas holiday weekend in northern California is suspected to be a hate crime.

The attack took place at the Islamic Center in Tracy near the state capital of Sacramento. Though no one was there at the time, the damage from the improvised explosive was significant, causing fire damage to the building.

"It's very clear to me it's a hate crime," Ghaleb Abdulla, a member of the board of trustees at the Islamic Center, was quoted as saying by local media. He added that this was the first time in 15 years they'd had to call law enforcement over such an incident. However, it comes at a time when there is a rise in attacks on mosques across the United States.

could be infighting too, the whole shia sunni thing..

No - not that common here.
I know, but people carry their own BS even after migrating many times.. besides, Cali is like lefty central for the most part, isn't it ?

anyway, wouldn't put it beyond right wing crazies to do something of the sort.

Such attacks are common in Cali, you will hear stories from people who lived there. I heard from some people about Dallas and Houston as well.
Honestly, I'd take a hate crime charge and have it in court rather then some riot and witch hunt.. which is how we roll here in this part of the world lol

Such attacks are common in Cali, you will hear stories from people who lived there. I heard from some people about Dallas and Houston as well.
Idk Cali but never heard anything here in Texas.

I know, but people carry their own BS even after migrating many times.. besides, Cali is like lefty central for the most part, isn't it ?

anyway, wouldn't put it beyond right wing crazies to do something of the sort.

I have been living in the US for the last 36 years, and we do not have any Sunni-Shia hate crimes, and you'd be surprised not even Ahmadiyya attacks on their places of worship. The older generation never had time for this as they were working $ 3 hr in the '80s and '90s, and the younger crowd did not care as they were more well-read than the older generation before them—however, the time people were caught were right-wing whites. So keep your theories to yourself and your part of the world.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd take a hate crime charge and have it in court rather then some riot and witch hunt.. which is how we roll here in this part of the world lol
I always saw cop cars in Tampa Islamic center, its sad that places of worships become targets for Terrorists and hate crimes, Places of Worship must not be targeted no matter where ever they are , and which ever religion it belongs.

Idk Cali but never heard anything here in Texas.
they censor news bro. 2 revert Muslims were shot in their homes in a planned attack by right-wing nut jobs. years ago. Never reported.I had met one of 'em. In TX they also censor Mexican drug war violence several times per a fed that is pals with a pal of mine. Here in DFW its mostly verbal harassment if at all. CA has plenty of xtian nut jobs .

Back
Top Bottom