What's new

amca and fgfa...can india afford to fund 2 5 gen fighter at the same time?

astitva sood

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
The point is simple...indias fgfa and amca...both are to be developed at the same time...wat i m asking is that does india has the money required to have 2 5 gen aircraft projects running at the same time??

hate me for saying that ,, but this entire AMCA project is bull shit and nothing but a program to keep the cash flow in to the coffers of corrupt babus.

we are not even to create a fully functional 4 Gen FA but selling dreams about a stealth 5th Gen one.

hate me for saying that ,, but this entire AMCA project is bull shit and nothing but a program to keep the cash flow in to the coffers of corrupt babus.

Can you please elaborate how? Rather buying fighters from other countries brings corruption in place.

we are not even to create a fully functional 4 Gen FA but selling dreams about a stealth 5th Gen one.

So what is your solution, we should stop AMCA , close down DRDO and all R&D going on in India and keep buying FA from other countries for the next 10 decades or forever.

In the last 66+ years of independence we have just learnt to CRITICIZE. Criticize Government for not performing, Criticize Society for not keeping the environment clean, Criticize PSUs for not performing but never think of getting into it & change the system.

I hate seeing some random people criticizing DRDO all day for not being in par in performance with the best in the world but never cheer for them for what they have achieved. As for example, look our western neighbor and see what DRDO has achieved in a small pie of the fund they receive for their R&D.

When ADA started designing LCA, they didn't even have 2nd gen technology in place. But today they have designed a true 4th gen fighter, which is comparable to any indigenous effort atleast in this part of the world. It will by far prove to be the best interceptor in the region.

So don't be pessimistic. And the word 5th gen itself is a vague term. It is a sum total of avionics, engine performance, flight envelope,etc. Now what I wanna mean is though Rafale is a 4.5 gen fighter, it's AESA radar, EW system etc are close to 5th gen technology. It is not a stealth aircraft though.

Avionics keep evolving every 5-7 years. AESA will be a viable dream by 2020. EW system and other avionics designed & developed by DRDO for Su-30mki is spot on. No crash for LCA in 2500+ flights shows competency of ADA/DRDO in designing & developing fighter. Though engine is and will be a big worry in days to come. But we have to start accepting our failures as well, so that we put in more effort next time and change it into success.

Can you please elaborate how? Rather buying fighters from other countries brings corruption in place.

So what is your solution, we should stop AMCA , close down DRDO and all R&D going on in India and keep buying FA from other countries for the next 10 decades or forever.

In the last 66+ years of independence we have just learnt to CRITICIZE. Criticize Government for not performing, Criticize Society for not keeping the environment clean, Criticize PSUs for not performing but never think of getting into it & change the system.

I hate seeing some random people criticizing DRDO all day for not being in par in performance with the best in the world but never cheer for them for what they have achieved. As for example, look our western neighbor and see what DRDO has achieved in a small pie of the fund they receive for their R&D.

When ADA started designing LCA, they didn't even have 2nd gen technology in place. But today they have designed a true 4th gen fighter, which is comparable to any indigenous effort atleast in this part of the world. It will by far prove to be the best interceptor in the region.

So don't be pessimistic. And the word 5th gen itself is a vague term. It is a sum total of avionics, engine performance, flight envelope,etc. Now what I wanna mean is though Rafale is a 4.5 gen fighter, it's AESA radar, EW system etc are close to 5th gen technology. It is not a stealth aircraft though.

Avionics keep evolving every 5-7 years. AESA will be a viable dream by 2020. EW system and other avionics designed & developed by DRDO for Su-30mki is spot on. No crash for LCA in 2500+ flights shows competency of ADA/DRDO in designing & developing fighter. Though engine is and will be a big worry in days to come. But we have to start accepting our failures as well, so that we put in more effort next time and change it into success.

my suggestion is step by step work . and work siltenly without opening the bloody mouth for publicity. Finish LCA Mk 1.. move to MK2. want to develop aspects 5th gen FA please do so ! but dont blabber about it in media for free publicity.

Learn from china. keep quite and work hard.

my suggestion is step by step work . and work siltenly without opening the bloody mouth for publicity. Finish LCA Mk 1.. move to MK2. want to develop aspects 5th gen FA please do so ! but dont blabber about it in media for free publicity.

Why do you want them to work silently? You don't like the fact that our system is transparent?

You must be knowing that there is no step by step thing in defence world. The development happened in parallel. China didn't start working on J-20 after completing J-10. Even India didn't started word on K-family of missiles after completing development of Agni-V.

This is why I described the actual meaning of 5th gen and how concept of stealth in airframe design, concept of 5th gen avionics and concept of engine design is totally different and can be developed concurrently and is basically an uprated & advanced version of 4th gen techs. Since we are doing catch-up not only we need to start to the earliest possible but also has to allot fund needed for these developments.

You must be knowing that there is no step by step thing in defence world. The development happened in parallel. China didn't start working on J-20 after completing J-10. Even India didn't started word on K-family of missiles after completing development of Agni-V.

This is why I described the actual meaning of 5th gen and how concept of stealth in airframe design, concept of 5th gen avionics and concept of engine design is totally different and can be developed concurrently and is basically an uprated & advanced version of 4th gen techs. Since we are doing catch-up not only we need to start to the earliest possible but also has to allot fund needed for these developments.

dont put words in my mouth! i am all in favor of parallel development of high end technology. ISRO is a prime example of how to do it.

The point is simple...indias fgfa and amca...both are to be developed at the same time...wat i m asking is that does india has the money required to have 2 5 gen aircraft projects running at the same time??

India does have all the money required for developing both the projects, but sadly the political will for the same is much less...

Back
Top Bottom