What's new

Allotment of House After Retirement

HumbleMan

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam,
I just want to ask what is the house/flat allotment procedure after retirement from army?

I want to know how house/flat is handed over and how fast sale of such houses/flat can be made?

Salam,
I just want to ask what is the house/flat allotment procedure after retirement from army?

I want to know how house/flat is handed over and how fast sale of such houses/flat can be made?

Hi,

Please allow this board to have some dignity and integrity left---we try real hard to maintain the integrity here.

That question can be answered bettter by a real estate agent in defence housing anytown pakistan.

Last edited:
Salam,

Their is no house/flat allotment to retired officer after retirement. Once u retire u have to pay for it all.
If u have been intelligent than u have been paying a certain amount to the housing directorate through out ur service. From that money the housing directorate will built u a house or a flat according to ur pay grade which u will get after retirement. It will be allocated to u through ballot.

Their is no house/flat allotment to retired officer after retirement. Once u retire u have to pay for it all.
If u have been intelligent than u have been paying a certain amount to the housing directorate through out ur service. From that money the housing directorate will built u a house or a flat according to ur pay grade which u will get after retirement. It will be allocated to u through ballot.

Right.

Hi,

Please allow this board to have some dignity and integrity left---we try real hard to maintain the integrity here.

That question can be answered bettter by a real estate agent in defence housing anytown pakistan.

What do you mean by that. What has this to do with integrity, sorry for being naive but I am genuinely asking.

What do you mean by that. What has this to do with integrity, sorry for being naive but I am genuinely asking.

Hi,

I am pretty sure that you are 'navie' enough not to know that your answer would be with a real estate agent sitting in defence housing society anywhere pakistan---and on a similar scale---you would have a difficult time comprehending the term 'integrity' of a defense forum either---.

preety soon people will start selling and buying flats.condos, villas on pdf

get ready for more options on pdf site

hope they start soon - matrimonials------------ bride /groom section..

first a guy poses questions about how to retire from army after 20 yrs service on pdf.............
how the hell was he admitted in army after all......
now he doesnot know how to retire???????

now again,,,,,,,,,,,, this zameen.com

Online forums are for discussions and question answers. Its convenient so people like searching for answers online. I am stunned by the assumptions and attitude you people are showing. Either answer the question or report the thread if its against forum rules.

Last edited:
No issue with the question asked. Fieldmarshal has answered in #3 above.

To expand slightly, there is no automatic allotment of any housing post retirement. Housing is for serving members. The retired officers have to find accommodation on their own, rely on their family housing or rent. If they were saving to buy an apartment or build on a plot they bought, by the time they retire they hope to have saved enough to buy or finish building it, otherwise you do what I stated earlier, live with the family or rent.

The service is under no compulsion to provide housing to retired officers. You have left the service at that point and have to fend for yourself.

Just to clarify.

When u join the army, u voluntarily apply for the officers housing project and pay a membership fee, last time it was 35-40k. The sooner u apply, the better. Once u do, from ur salary deductions start on monthly basis and continue till u retire. Once u retire, u get a house in the city u opted or in some other city. Now comes the cost. Army will charge u the development cost which they had to bear, not the market value. Lets suppose the development cost was 30lac and during ur service u paid 20 lac, now u have to pay the rest 10 lac for finally getting the house. This is how it work. U r allowed only 1 house provided u had opted for it.

For dha plots, u r entitled as per ur service, max 2 allowed. That also u have to pay the development charges, it aint free. U apply for it, u get it and now u start paying the installments. Meantime the phase develops and prices sky rocket, the officer sells at market price, pays dha what he owes them the development charges and keeps the rest for himself or starts property work or a business or keeps the plot and starts a civilian job to run the house.

Nothing is free.

Just to clarify further..
All A grade land has already been used up by the armed forces......this was cheap land already under the use of the armed forces and was used to construct houses/flats for the officers n in some cases nco/JCO. So the over all cost was a lot less n hence armed forces personal had to pay a lot less for these houses/ flats....as nothing is provided for free unless ur a shaheed or retired as the sevice chief.....
but rather on cost to cost basis.

Now as the A grade land is no more in major cities hence the housing directorate is left with no option but to buy land on market rates and that has direct impact on the final price of the flat/house. So much so that even after paying through out their service life the differential is still very great n most can't even afford the flat.
So instep Gen. Qamar Bajwa n one of his course mates who retired as a Maj. Committed suicide as he could not even afford to pay for the flat as was unable to generate the funds required...which by the way is the story for 90% of the armed forces.
On his funeral the Chief vowed to do something about it. So the first thing the Chief did after assuming the office was to get a pay raise for the armed forces n instead of allowing the commutation of pay after right after retirement....now the commutation will happen when the applicant has to make payment to the housing directorate for the house/flat....n all that money goes straight to housing directate.

All A grade land has already been used up by the armed forces......this was cheap land already under the use of the armed forces and was used to construct houses/flats for the officers n in some cases nco/JCO. So the over all cost was a lot less n hence armed forces personal had to pay a lot less for these houses/ flats....as nothing is provided for free unless ur a shaheed or retired as the sevice chief.....

Now as the A grade land is no more in major cities hence the housing directorate is left with no option but to buy land on market rates and that has direct impact on the final price of the flat/house. So much so that even after paying through out their service life the differential is still very great n most can't even afford the flat.
So instep Gen. Qamar Bajwa n one of his course mates who retired as a Maj. Committed suicide as he could not even afford to pay for the flat as was unable to generate the funds required...which by the way is the story for 90% of the armed forces.
On his funeral the Chief vowed to do something about it. So the first thing the Chief did after assuming the office was to get a pay raise for the armed forces n instead of allowing the commutation of pay after right after retirement....now the commutation will happen when the applicant has to make payment to the housing directorate for the house/flat....n all that money goes straight to housing directate.
I think they should team up with dha and give decent spacious constructed flats till maj or lt col rank and sd type houses for above ones. Dha is already expanding and since they r already buying huge land for their projects they can accommodate such type of things. Drastic change is needed.

I think they should team up with dha and give decent spacious constructed flats till maj or lt col rank and sd type houses for above ones. Dha is already expanding and since they r already buying huge land for their projects they can accommodate such type of things. Drastic change is needed.

Housing directorate is constructing flats for officers till the rank of brig. Only 2 stars n above r to get houses.
Now housing directorate is also constructing flats for nco/JCO as well.
In pindi housing directorate brought land from dha in dha 2 where they r constructing 8 story high rises for its members. Same in lhr.

Last edited:

Very sad to hear the officers had to face such distress. Isn't there an option to back off from paying the installments if you are unable to? and what about the Commutation Amount received when an officer retires isnt it enough to pay off at least a large part of flat/house price? This is really distressing to hear that there is no proper plan for managing this situation. I was of the opinion that once the house/flat is allotted you can right away sell it (because demand of such houses/flats is very high).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom