What's new

Allama Iqbal : Great philosopher poet of Pakistan

He died in 1938..there was no concept of Pakistan then..So He is Indian..

but he cant be an indian too, because modern india into being after 1947, he proposed the concept of pakistan, he should be a traitor according to you people :lol::lol:, what an ignorance man!!!

but he cant be an indian too, because modern india into being after 1947, he proposed the concept of pakistan, he should be a traitor according to you people :lol::lol:, what an ignorance man!!!

Ok he didnt belong to India, he belong to Hindustan as evident from his poems..

happy now? :smokin:

Sare jahan se accha....though I dont understand the meaning of this poem entirely..i still gives me goosebumps everytime I hear this song.

would you please stop arguing about Iqbal's nationality?

I believe...Technically he was an Indian...but also played a key role in the movement that ultimately resulted in the formation of "Pakistan". His example can be given as the Hitler of Austria? who was always known as the Chancellor of Germany?

So whatever Iqbal's true nationality is, He would always be known as the second Father of Pakistan after Quaid-e-Azam :)

Wasn't Iqbalji born in British India? Before pakistan was mentioned

November 9, 1877 - April 21, 1938

As I clearly remember pakistan was in existance as of 1947 :cheers:

And India came into existence into single unit on 15 August 1947.

Matter of choice..BTW he has also written a lot of poems which are different in theme to those you are talking about..

Kaha na.. Its a matter of choice..

Iqbal sahib-- Zindabad..

Than share those other poems. Posting one poem again and again looks a bit stupid.

Lets forget about his nationality and fight over it.. Lets cheer about his greatness and his abilities and how people from both sides love him..

Than share those other poems. Posting one poem again and again looks a bit stupid.

Are bhai..google kar lo ...Kya ek hi baat ki taang kheech rahe ho..

would you please stop arguing about Iqbal's nationality?

I believe...Technically he was an Indian...but also played a key role in the movement that ultimately resulted in the formation of "Pakistan". His example can be given as the Hitler of Austria? who was always known as the Chancellor of Germany?

So whatever Iqbal's true nationality is, He would always be known as the second Father of Pakistan after Quaid-e-Azam :)

:agree::agree::agree:

‘Dil kay aiwanon main liyay gul shuda shamon kee qataar

Noor-e-Khurshid say sehmay huay uktaay huay

Muzmahil saaet-e-imroz kee bayrangi say

Yaad-e-Maazee say ghameen, dehshat-e-fardaa say nidhaal’

[Translation]

‘Carrying a line of extinguished candles in the depths of our hearts

Exhausted and frightened of the sunshine

Enervated by the colorlessness of our days

Sorrowful at the past and terrified of the future’

Allama Iqbal

Khaam hai jab tak kay hai mitti ka ek anbaar tu

Pukhtaa ho jaaey toe hai shamsheer-e-bay-zanhaar tu

Ho sadaqat kay liyay jis dil main marnay kee tadap

Pehlay apnay paikar-e-khakee main jaan paida karey

Phoonk daalay yeh zameen-o-aasman-e-musta’ar

Aur khakastar say phir apna jahan paida karey’

[Translation]

‘Imperfect are you, if still a lump of clay

And if hardened, a mortal sword

The heart that desires martyrdom for the Truth

Let him first strengthen his earthly form

Let him destroy this borrowed Earth and Heaven

And from the ashes, fashion a new world’

hindo stanis only appreciate his poetry where hindo stan is mentioned, they dont appreciate this poet as a whole

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

You are wrong.This is one of the most famous patriotic songs in India.Since I am familiar to it hence I posted it.Iqbal is respected through out India.
he was born in pakistan, died in pakistan, and became hindo stani????, how come??

Somebody has already answered this part...

Allama Iqbal - Lab pe aati hai dua

This is inspirational video for Iqbal's Poetry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom