What's new

AirForce Monthly - 2 Chinese AESA radar competing for Block 3

by the looks of situyation and the news , china wil definitely buy...i myself can bet on that 100%
narr```FC-31wont enter PLAF```J-20 plus few J-10D and flanker families are more than enough`````but we do have a 5th gen stealth fighter in development for the PLAN, it could be something similar to FC-31 or brand new````who knows``

How exactly will J-31 perform against French Rafale in a dogfight? Is J-31 only for superiority or can it dogfight too?

Hi,

The purpose to have the 5th gen is not to get into a dog fight at first---with lower gen aircraft. Its primary goal is to engage at BVR ranges and then disengage---its second role is to ingress deeper into enemy territory and direct the launch of weapons from a secondary aircraft---.

To get into a dog fight is a BAD decision for a 5th gen aircraft against a lower gen aircraft---. Here the odds can become 50 / 50 and that is not good---.

narr```FC-31wont enter PLAF```J-20 plus few J-10D and flanker families are more than enough`````but we do have a 5th gen stealth fighter in development for the PLAN, it could be something similar to FC-31 or brand new````who knows``
I never mentioned that J31 may enter PLAAF , No not. However , if SAC comes up to PLAN expectations then J-31 does have a strong chance. There are stron rumours nowadays claiming that PLAN is funding the program and it seems pretty much true to me. This program wouldnt have come this far without any expectations plus 3rd prototype is being made possibly now and may fly next year Zhuhai.

I never mentioned that J31 may enter PLAAF , No not. However , if SAC comes up to PLAN expectations then J-31 does have a strong chance. There are stron rumours nowadays claiming that PLAN is funding the program and it seems pretty much true to me. This program wouldnt have come this far without any expectations plus 3rd prototype is being made possibly now and may fly next year Zhuhai.
I concur.All of a sudden there is movement on the programme. Which to my inexpert eye points to two things
Either there is local support in the form of transfer of tech from the J20 programme.
Or they have financial dsupport either from PLAN or some other source.
I think the Chinese now know no one is going to put money into a project without a commitment from them and have started pouring money into the project. This is what I think is going on and I would love to see this bird come to fruition.
Regards
A

Last edited:
PLAN's 5th gen fighter's story is more than that :D````lets see```oh, btw there are few more stakeholders in FC-31 projects and more prospects want to join as well``:whistle:``it may will come out as a surprise

@ waz is this thread about block3 aesa I think nobody have any info about the thread anymore
Please lock it
Thx

I concur.All of a sudden there is movement on the programme. Which to my inexpert eye points to two things
Either there is local support in the form of transfer of tech from the J20 programme.
Or they have financial dsupport either from PLAN or some other source.
I think the Chinese now know no one is going to put money into a project without a commitment from them and have started pouring money into the project. This is what I thgink is going on and I would love to see this bird come to fruition.
Regards
A
This bird could be bought by KSA to keep up with israeli Adirs

You should know by now US does not care about the balance of power in South Asia. US will give India every military advantage against China even at Pakistan's expense.

if it gives you a nice sleep at night :)

If what you say is even remotely possible, Pakistan would have all the F-16/Block52s it wanted, equipped with AESA, AIM9Xs and 120Ds.

Pakistan did not get the remaining F-16's because we did not want to pay the excessive price US want us to .. if we could and can pay we will get those remaining F-16 even with Aim9x /120D , Money talks and BS walks

Even in the bonhomie of post-9/11, Pakistan did not get everything it asked for. Don't see what Pakistan can offer US that will change this reality.

we don't don't get what we wanted post 9/11 its true but we get what we put our heads on " Nukes " , don't tell me that US didn't know that PA is building the bomb , they knew and yet they keep looking the other way .. aanth bhala tu sab bhala :D

No more Off topics from me.. lets get back to Topic

Hi,

The purpose to have the 5th gen is not to get into a dog fight at first---with lower gen aircraft. Its primary goal is to engage at BVR ranges and then disengage---its second role is to ingress deeper into enemy territory and direct the launch of weapons from a secondary aircraft---.

To get into a dog fight is a BAD decision for a 5th gen aircraft against a lower gen aircraft---. Here the odds can become 50 / 50 and that is not good---.

Hey Mastan,

How can PAF counter rafale? I don't see EuroFighter typhoon coming or F-16 block 60 so what are the options left for PAF?

Have no idea about that since my only concern i Thunder program , J-31 and J-20 program but however , @Deino @grey boy 2 @wanglaokan are there any plans to replace existing AESA radars on J-10B/C and J-11 series with new one?
In the original article, it mentioned the those who are still in PD radar can switch to this new aesa radar easily and cost efficiently, so ppl speculated for J10A/J11A,B,BS and etc.

Have no idea about that since my only concern i Thunder program , J-31 and J-20 program but however , @Deino @grey boy 2 @wanglaokan are there any plans to replace existing AESA radars on J-10B/C and J-11 series with new one?
As now China had solved the worldwide conundrum of directly replacing PD radar with AESA( we solve the cooling difficulty).we may replace all the PD radar with AESA on J10A and J11b at very low cost and faster pace. Actually both J10b and J10c are using AESA, just different products.

Maybe J8F will fit AESA as well.

China is a super power in the making.

607_air_cooling.jpg

Air cooling AESA bidding from 607 institute.
Pros: can replace KLJ-7 in situ with small cost for JF-17 Block I and II
Cons: not as powerful as KLJ-7A

seems it could rotate to some degree
607_air_cooling_rotate.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom