What's new

AirForce Monthly - 2 Chinese AESA radar competing for Block 3

well 2-3 years ago we were not getting AH-Z1 Zulu's to , and also a year ago 8 F-16's were offered which we refused to pay to get them .. If US needed Pakistan to keep its interest in region and keeping the balance in S.Asia they might release the sell of these AIM9X and AIM120D along with 18 remaining F-16's .. be hopeful brother :)
Why would Paf buy f16 without aim9x. Zulus were released because we were buying from russians and helis are good money with advantage to us strategic situation in afgh

Rafale AESA radar and EW suit will only have advantage when F-16 block50/52+ EW suit can not handle those and I think in this department F-16s can give Rafales run for their money, do remember that both sides will be deploying AWACS and EW assets too.
Yes agreed so in air defence role F16 and thunders do have a good chance however it depands on how much integration we have for AIM 120 and other sub-systems ... Remember AIM 20 is not directly linked with link 17 so to fully utilize the AWACs we must have a backup eireye only and we need to know whether AIM 120 can take input from other ground-based sensors feed into f16s ... All in all if we compare one on one than f16s stand no chance however, if our link 17 integration is mature enough then within our boudries we are very strong and can counter any threat of 4.5++ ...

Undortunately exact status and capabilities of link 17 are top secret ...

It means the only option PAF has is J-20/31?
Yes if we want unchallenged superiority on our air space and near border region than 2 squadrons of fifth generation is the only answere ...

Same objective can be achieved by having 3 to 4 squadrons of another 4.5 generation in its updated form that can by F16 V , Typhoon trench 3 standard or Su35

Yes if we want unchallenged superiority on our air space and near border region than 2 squadrons of fifth generation is the only answere ...

Same objective can be achieved by having 3 to 4 squadrons of another 4.5 generation in its updated form that can by F16 V , Typhoon trench 3 standard or Su35

How exactly will J-31 perform against French Rafale in a dogfight? Is J-31 only for superiority or can it dogfight too?

How exactly will J-31 perform against French Rafale in a dogfight? Is J-31 only for superiority or can it dogfight too?
The specs of J31 are not known so the question cannot be answered. As an indicator 5th generation fighters are not meant for dog fight but utilize their stealth characteristics to come witbin the killzone of their B RS and fire them. But in any case the question cannot be answered.
A

Why would Paf buy f16 without aim9x. Zulus were released because we were buying from russians and helis are good money with advantage to us strategic situation in afgh

I am not saying we wont, but we can you just need to play your cards right .. US can give you the remaining F-16 with Aim9X or 120D just to counter the Rafale threat which can dis balance the Power projection in S.Asia .. and they know what will happen if they don't get to match conventional power with India, we make more nukes ,Long Range Missiles that could threat other countries and US interest in region .

I am not saying we wont, but we can you just need to play your cards right .. US can give you the remaining F-16 with Aim9X or 120D just to counter the Rafale threat which can dis balance the Power projection in S.Asia .. and they know what will happen if they don't get to match conventional power with India, we make more nukes ,Long Range Missiles that could threat other countries and US interest in region .

Hi,

Pakistanis must realize and acknowledge by now that the U S is not scared of pakistani nucs anymore----.

It already has contingencies in place of neutering all the pakistani assets within 24 hours---.

All the 10 plus sites have been found---there are enough assets that the U S has in pakistan to take out most of them within hours of the notice---the rest would come from bahrain---.

The alltime nuc threats by pakistan's anyone and everyone a few years ago forced the U S military to take those steps.

I stopped the pakistanis politicians and pakistani military from constantly making that threat a few years ago---but the cat was already out of the bag---.

Can you believe it that your best assets has been neutered by the bragging of every pakistani at all the time---.

For that very reason---I had been talking about conventional strength for so many years.

Conventional strength brings peace.

It looks like the JF-17B is basically the design platform of the Block-III - i.e. enlarged nose, three-axis fly-by-wire, and greater internal fuel (to compensate for space lost from the second seat). In terms of radar, I think NRIET has the best chance considering it is China's leading radar vendor and the PAF already has a strong relationship with them via the KLJ-7/V2.

Bilal do you have any idea whats going on with the recent news abt JF 17 corruption scandal that went into senate for debate? I saw a news item on it a couple days ago and then everything went silent. Are these reports true & credible?

Hi,

Pakistanis must realize and acknowledge by now that the U S is not scared of pakistani nucs anymore----.

It already has contingencies in place of neutering all the pakistani assets within 24 hours---.

All the 10 plus sites have been found---there are enough assets that the U S has in pakistan to take out most of them within hours of the notice---the rest would come from bahrain---.

The alltime nuc threats by pakistan's anyone and everyone a few years ago forced the U S military to take those steps.

I stopped the pakistanis politicians and pakistani military from constantly making that threat a few years ago---but the cat was already out of the bag---.

Can you believe it that your best assets has been neutered by the bragging of every pakistani at all the time---.

For that very reason---I had been talking about conventional strength for so many years.

I dont agree .. with introduction of babar 3 now its really difficult ... the only way to tackle nukes is to weaken Pakistan internally ... however with Pakistan fighting back chances are reducing fast ...

However Pakistan needs to be careful less on miltary and more on diplomatic and political front ... we need to improve our relationship with russia and need to make alliances with turkey, egypt, china and gcc countries ...

I dont agree .. with introduction of babar 3 now its really difficult ... the only way to tackle nukes is to weaken Pakistan internally ... however with Pakistan fighting back chances are reducing fast ...

However Pakistan needs to be careful less on miltary and more on diplomatic and political front ... we need to improve our relationship with russia and need to make alliances with turkey, egypt, china and gcc countries ...

Hi,

It is your right to disagree----.

My comments are based on the issue---pak nuc sites have already been traced---Babur 2---3 or 1---nasr or otherwise---.

Every stockpile of pak nucs has been traced by the U S---. All secret launch pads are known now---.

People need to understand one thing---pak military is not a terrorist organization---it is a military organization----militaries do things in a known systematic manner---and that predictability has made them vulnerable---.

Pak needs to build up on conventional force first---.

Last edited:
Hi,

It is your right to disagree----.

My comments are based on the issue---pak nuc sites have already been traced---Baur 2---3 or 1---nasr or otherwise---.

Every stockpile of pak nucs has been traced by the U S---. All secret launch pads are known now---.

People need to understand one thing---pak military is not a terrorist organization---it is a military organization----militaries do things in a known systematic manner---and that predictability has made them vulnerable---.

Pak needs to build up on conventional force first---.
Thanks ...

Yes we need to build conventional force ...

Is it script of Homeland season 8 ?

I am hearing this from quite a long time :) in fact i know a little more than you do cause one of my cousin is in MI and one is Brig in GHQ .. I am pretty sure we are here to stay ..

Don't worry, we own that CAT :)

Pakistan's biggest weapon is not its Nuclear weapons , even army don't think that :-)

I agree we need to work on Conventional strength ..

Hi,

Pakistani nucs are not directed against USA.

If you know, I'm pretty sure Pakistan agencies and military leadership knows this too and has already prepared counter-contingencies.....so no worries there..

Nah... that's bloated.. despite a few irresponsible threats by novices who are totally insignificant and have no control over nucs..Americans pretty much know that...

However the real reason is not those threats by "kiddos" rather the Jonathan Brother cannot tolerate nucs in the hands of any Muslim country since that are considered detrimental to the greater Israel plan by the zionists. Iraqis neutralised, Iran already signed the deal...the only country that has nucs is...
BTW Behrain is the red-herring. East and West borders are quite long.

Well if a country got them against all the odds..it will make sure to have them when it needs...

Last edited:
Pakistani nucs are not directed against USA.

If you know, I'm pretty sure Pakistan agencies and military leadership knows this too and has already prepared counter-contingencies.....so no worries there..

Nah... that's bloated.. despite a few irresponsible threats by novices who are totally insignificant and have no control of nucs..Americans pretty much know that...

However the real reason is not those threats by "kiddos" rather the Jonathan Brother cannot tolerate nucs in the hands of any Muslim country since that are considered detrimental to the greater Israel plan by the zionists. Iraqis neutralised, Iran already signed the deal...the only country that has nucs is...
BTW Behrain is the red-herring. East and West borders are quite long.

Well if a country got them against all the odds..it will make sure to have them when it needs...

Hi,

Getting them and protecting them are two different things tactically---.

They believe that the U S only knows about 3 or 4 of them---and this is a recent assessment---. I said they know it all by now.

What did I base my assessment on---in the past---the americans were talking about the insecurity of the pak nucs all the time---. If you noticed---they have not done so for awhile now---.

To what I know---I say with affirmation---they found all the sites---that is why they have quited down---.

You should know by now US does not care about the balance of power in South Asia. US will give India every military advantage against China even at Pakistan's expense. If what you say is even remotely possible, Pakistan would have all the F-16/Block52s it wanted, equipped with AESA, AIM9Xs and 120Ds.

Even in the bonhomie of post-9/11, Pakistan did not get everything it asked for. Don't see what Pakistan can offer US that will change this reality.

Back
Top Bottom