What's new

Air chief witnesses live missile firing of JF-17 Thunder

My friend As I have stated earlier that I have no knowledge of what will happen with Block I and II AESA Radar. The only thing I know is that FC-1 (JF-17) is in it's testing phase of KLJ-7A radar and this is not new news it is from Nov 21 when CCTV reported it. You can find more info on quwa.org they have posted details on the upgrade. If you know how to read Chinese I can provide you Chinese link to the News.
I think KLJ-7A will be fitted in Block-III because to replace KLJ-7 pervious versions in Block-I & II, PAF will have to modify the nose-cone.

I think KLJ-7A will be fitted in Block-III because to replace KLJ-7 pervious versions in Block-I & II, PAF will have to modify the nose-cone.
KLJ-7A will definitely be fitted on JF-17 Block III. Now the volume of KLJ-7 is 0.065 m3 and If you have any info on the volume of KLJ-7A then you can better understand what will PAF do. I cannot find info on KLJ-7A volume.

I read the article... It's full of confusion...

Read the title of below articles about the same topic...

Pakistan successfully test-fires ‘beyond visual range’ missile from JF-17 Thunder
https://tribune.com.pk/story/162498...es-beyond-visual-range-missile-jf-17-thunder/

VIDEO: Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder makes history by successfully hitting its target with Beyond Visual Range infra-red air-to-air missile
https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/hea...nd-visual-range-infra-red-air-to-air-missile/
may be its BVR in a same class like Frecnh MICA and Russian R-27 Alamo series of BVR just my 2 cents dude:angel:

How this aircraft got final operational clearance earlier without even successfully firing a BVR missile???
Check the thread, it is more about the new test range than the missile! JF17 have been operating with SD-10 for years now!

@Thorough Pro cut it man, no need to be offensive like this and use such language!
We can at least TRY and have a sensible debate.

Last edited:
It's pretty late now, getup a bit early tomorrow morning, when the sun starts to rise, stand up facing west exactly 180 degrees to the sun. pull your pants down and bend over, hold that position for 5 minutes, let the sun shine where it has never shined before. comeback and read the thread gain.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's pretty late now, getup a bit early tomorrow morning, when the sun starts to rise, stand up facing west exactly 180 degrees to the sun. pull your pants down and bend over, hold that position for 5 minutes, let the sun shine where it has never shined before. comeback and read the thread gain.
Lol man. This was epic :lol:

MODS. There are at least 3 threads running on the topic. Can we please amalgamate them into one
A

which missiles were tested? any upgrade version of SD10(SD10B) or any other missile?
Just wondering what are these equipment displayed in awards?

Attachments

• Missile Test.jpg
    Missile Test.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 155
1 ccs
2 no 26 sqn
3 no 14
4 no 2
5 no 16
6 new sqn ?? No not known at this time

Each sqn currently 16-18 Ac plus 6-10 to ccs and few with pac / test flight , guessing

2nd Squadron at Masroor
14 and 16sq at Minhas
26sq at Peshawar
28sq at Quetta 31st fighter wing due to receive in 2018
And CCS at Mushaf

How this aircraft got final operational clearance earlier without even successfully firing a BVR missile???

What does an aircraft's operational clearance has to do with its integration with a new weapon?? The fighter plan is a system within itself. It requires clearance to operate. Adding / integrating a weapon is an add-on device and doesn't impact the core features of an aircraft, such as weight, designated speed envelops under certain parameters, agility, longevity, airframe integrity, engine functionality, etc. Which are the things it need ops clearance for.

Back
Top Bottom