What's new

Air chief witnesses live missile firing of JF-17 Thunder

Brother I personally don't like to over criticise our country but minitank and anyone else has the right to criticise. We don't need to earn that right, we are citizens. We are more important than the state. The state is meant to support us and protect us. It can only do that with our support, but where those appointed to those duties fail, they deserve criticism.
Oh I agree whole heartedly.
Fact is these leaders are the servants of the poorest most illiterate Pakistani but do you not see the candidates at elections. The ugly faces the moustaches the Malik this choudry this. Total fcuking jahils. What then do we expect from them. They get into office and it's all about us servingbthem and people who know them ask for licence foe ak47 and can my cousin who murdered someone get let off etc.
I get manitank and his frustration is felt by all. Of course be has a right.if it was up to me I would blow the lot up and even military high up who steal in the hundreds of millions. The poor soldiers and low grade officers don't get a look in.

I read the article... It's full of confusion...

Read the title of below articles about the same topic...

Pakistan successfully test-fires ‘beyond visual range’ missile from JF-17 Thunder
https://tribune.com.pk/story/162498...es-beyond-visual-range-missile-jf-17-thunder/

VIDEO: Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder makes history by successfully hitting its target with Beyond Visual Range infra-red air-to-air missile
https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/hea...nd-visual-range-infra-red-air-to-air-missile/
Then not your fault.....these can over rated journalists. Very confusing

@MastanKhan sir please have a look at the video posted in post #21 by @ghazi52 and observe closely the target and the tail of the target. The shape of the tail. Now there are no leading edges on the target to give of returning RADAR signature. The target that has been sent in air is of most importance to observe here it is a stealth target and tell me what you think and then I will provide you some more info.

Don't understand what you are trying to say can you please rephrase.

@MastanKhan Sir now please read this below

Advanced radar boosts FC-1 Xiaolong’s combat capacity

The show first reported the light active phased array radar used to improve the FC-1 Xiaolong fighter jet. The radar can track multiple batches of maneuvering targets over more than 100 kilometers.

Although CCTV did not disclose the model of the radar, according to the information previously disclosed at the Zhuhai Air Show, this type of airborne radar should be KLJ-7A active phased array fire control radar with a detection range of about 170 kilometers. It is based on KLJ-7 model with active phased array technology.

An anonymous military expert said that with the active phased array technology, the detection range of FC-1 Xiaolong has reached or even exceeded that of the J-11B heavy fighter jet which uses flat-panel crack antenna pulse doppler radar.

The anti-jamming performance and the anti-reconnaissance performance of the new radar are much better compared with that of the mechanical scanning radar on the third-generation fighter jet.

The new radar has similar performance with F-35 strike fighter's radar. FC-1 Xiaolong fighter jet with the new radar may have a certain extent of advantage at mid-range confrontation with the F-16C / D fighting falcon (not equipped with active phased array radar) and even the basic F-15C / D heavy eagle fighter.

The latest models of Chinese fighter jets such as J-20, J-16, J-10 and J-11 series have used the active phased array radar.

Thanks to its larger nose, more transceivers can be installed to improve the detection distance. High-end fighters equipped with these radars are bound to have more new technologies, more modes, and better performance.

It looks like a cruise missile?

Attachments

• bvr test.png
    bvr test.png
    220 KB · Views: 108
It looks like a cruise missile?
Some thing between a cruise missile and a drone but the target was very well designed and they don't usually design such targets.

@wanglaokan take a look at the video in post #21 people here will not notice it. It is an IR video but the cursor on top is RADAR generated lock the most important thing to notice is when the target is destroyed the RADAR lock shivers in a split of second to identify all fragments. This shows the capability of this RADAR and integration of IR and RADAR system in a single data hub.

We lacked balls at that time too. We still lack balls, even I do. We as a nation are rubbish. We are busy killing each other while the enemy laughs at us.

You have issues, please get treatment.

Yes I have read that this RADAR can also help Chinese existing anti air systems to track in coming missiles and have a better lock on them.

Pakistan started JF-17 as a cheap and affordable fighter but the upgrades that are going to take place under Block III are making it some king of super fighter. I don't know what will be the end price tag with the new engine RADAR and armament but it is becoming the most deadly bird that will fly south Asia.
Best part of JF17 program is that it's not 100% business oriented like the ones purchased from the 3rd parties!!! In this era of good job crunches, nobody would dwell on their shortcomings (outliers) especially when it's being sold in a competitive market....

Last edited by a moderator:
from wiki.
"The first public information of the Leihua Electronic Technology Research Institute's PL-12 - then called the SD-10 - emerged in 2001.[9] Development was assisted by Vympel NPO and Agat of Russia.[10] Liang Xiaogeng is believed to have been the chief designer.[11]Four successful test firings were made in 2004. By 2005, the missile was also known as the PL-12.[10]"

Frankly i dont care about this topic but the only thing that strikes me is the highlighted part. I have read this "help" to chinese from russia in many fields.
Why does russia assist china in so many high tech areas when it knows that the chinese are going to undercut them ?
2ndly why does India not normally get such assistance from russia ? We dont try or we get better tech from the west ?
in past but currently they are developing all active radar seeker for their air to air missiles and ships missiles indeginously :p:

Best part of JF17 program is that it's not 100% business oriented like the ones purchased from the 3rd parties!!! In this era of o crunches, nobody would at to dwell on their shortcomings (outliers) especially when it's being sold in a competitive market....

JF-17 block III is a monster with KLJ-7A it's detection range goes above 170 km with ability to track stealth jets. This means it is a very potent threat now. South Asian dynamics have changed. This is the main reason of US saber rattling. When they say that India is upsetting the balance of power in South Asia they are wrong. JF-17 block 3 in number is total air supremacy. Pakistan is becoming more dangerous and this feeling is more scary.
Just look at Pakistan's last 2 missile tests. what conclusion can you drive? 1 Harbah and second this AAM test. It says clearly if we want we can make sure that you don't get a single drop of oil from the region and if you retaliate we can shoot down your cruise missiles. This is a very direct message that I can read. This message is better than twitter messages this is a firm message.

Which missile was tested? SD-10?

JF-17 block III is a monster with KLJ-7A it's detection range goes above 170 km with ability to track stealth jets. This means it is a very potent threat now. South Asian dynamics have changed. This is the main reason of US saber rattling. When they say that India is upsetting the balance of power in South Asia they are wrong. JF-17 block 3 in number is total air supremacy. Pakistan is becoming more dangerous and this feeling is more scary.
Just look at Pakistan's last 2 missile tests. what conclusion can you drive? 1 Harbah and second this AAM test. It says clearly if we want we can make sure that you don't get a single drop of oil from the region and if you retaliate we can shoot down your cruise missiles. This is a very direct message that I can read. This message is better than twitter messages this is a firm message.
Which JF-17 Block-III are you talking about? Its on papers yet, and I read somewhere: nose of JF-17 block-I and II is short enough to house an AESA radar thatswhy PAF has thought to increase the size of jet in Block-III.

What can't be cured needs to be endured. They will come into terms with the reality the way they have done at the Syrian front!!!!! NYC bakers can't even lose a single day's of "shorts' in the market!!!!! And, they need to contest with the folks who have nothing to lose except the piece of cloth they're putting on!!!! It's not a fair or a level playing field.....

Which JF-17 Block-III are you talking about? Its on papers yet, and I read somewhere: nose of JF-17 block-I and II is short enough to house an AESA radar thatswhy PAF has thought to increase the size of jet in Block-III.

My friend As I have stated earlier that I have no knowledge of what will happen with Block I and II AESA Radar. The only thing I know is that FC-1 (JF-17) is in it's testing phase of KLJ-7A radar and this is not new news it is from Nov 21 when CCTV reported it. You can find more info on quwa.org they have posted details on the upgrade. If you know how to read Chinese I can provide you Chinese link to the News.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom