What's new

‘Ainak wala jin’ creator A Hameed passes away

Dance

Reaction score
LAHORE:
Prolific Urdu writer A Hameed passed away in Lahore on Friday. He was 83.

Abdul Hameed, known simply as A Hameed, wrote over 200 books and contributed greatly to children’s literature. His fantasy series of 100 novels, known as Ambar Naag Maria, and legendary television series Ainak Wala Jin are his notable works.

Hameed was born in Amritsar, India, in 1928, where he completed his secondary education. He studied for his Intermediate in Pakistan and joined Radio Pakistan as an assistant script editor. He later joined Voice of America radio network.

Meanwhile, his first collection of short stories Manzil Manzil received great acclaim from readers and made him a well-recognised romantic short story writer.

Apart from writing short stories and novels, he also wrote columns for national newspapers. He wrote many programmes for radio and television, which were popular with listeners and viewers.

His most famous books include Urdu She’r Ki Dastan, Urdu Nasr ki Dastan (in which he compiled information on the works of Urdu prose writers), Mirza Ghalib, Dastango Ashfaq Ahmad and Mirza Ghalib Lahore Main.

‘Ainak wala jin’ creator A Hameed passes away – The Express Tribune

and look at our media.

A. Hameed probably many in the new generation dont know him, for he belonged to the era who witnessed and reported making of PAKistan, he was last of his kind.

best known for his adventures and supernatural stories, and one of the master pieces was MUSLIM AMRATSAR.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

he was in ICU for a quite a time, indeed a CHAPTER in our history is closed with him.

may Allah be pleased with him, and grant him janat-ul-firdos.

RIP.

he was one of the best fiction writers. he has alot of good work for children at his credit

Exactly! But lets hope some that even with some legends passing away, some new ones are forming currently!

A hameed was 7 when he first ran away from home, he was fond of jungles of Asaam.

his father wrote to everyone he knew that "if you find my son, just hold him and I will come and collect him".

he also never went back to Amratsar, because he hated the fact that its no longer a Muslim Amratsar.

I'm an ancestral Jalandhri with some relations from Amritsar. My late paternal grandfather alaways pined for Jalandhar and Amritsar. He used to tell me that had the partition been correct, Jalandhar certianly and Amritsar probably would have been in Pakistan. He had the opportunity to go visit many times as his hindu and sikh friends wrote to him many times inviting him for a visit. He did not go, why? Because he did not want to go back to a place where my greatgrandmother was martyred in her house while reciting Quran by Sikhs (this was before Lahore riots and witnessed by my late grand uncle who was only a child at the time), where muslims had been killed wholesale by hindus & sikhs. He hated these two till the day he passed away from the core of his heart. As much as he hated India and sikhs and yindus, the intensity of his love for Pakistan and muslims was greater. He passed the same intensity of both to his children, nephews, nieces, grandchildren and grand nephews nieces etc. I for one intend to pass it on to mine whenever Allah so blesses me.
The picture in my head of Jalandhar and Amritsar is composed of Abaji (my gramps) and A Hameed's description of these two cities.
BTW A Hameed was an aquaintance of my Abaji through Muneer Niazi late who was a neighbour of my mother's aunt who lives only a street away from our house. I remember as a child going with Abaji to their house where these 4 men (my grand uncle, Abaji, MN and AH) would talk for ages about their beloved cities and the blood bath by the sikhs and hindus.
They used to say that sikhs will one day despair siding with hindus and that hindus will never be peaceful neighbors what to say of being friends. The old men were not wrong on any account.

Inna Lillah-e-wa inna elaih-e-rajeoon

I use to love to read Naag Amber Maria.. It seems that those who had "dard-e-millat" are giving up and passing on to a better place..

I'm an ancestral Jalandhri with some relations from Amritsar. My late paternal grandfather alaways pined for Jalandhar and Amritsar. He used to tell me that had the partition been correct, Jalandhar certianly and Amritsar probably would have been in Pakistan. He had the opportunity to go visit many times as his hindu and sikh friends wrote to him many times inviting him for a visit. He did not go, why? Because he did not want to go back to a place where my greatgrandmother was martyred in her house while reciting Quran by Sikhs (this was before Lahore riots and witnessed by my late grand uncle who was only a child at the time), where muslims had been killed wholesale by hindus & sikhs. He hated these two till the day he passed away from the core of his heart. As much as he hated India and sikhs and yindus, the intensity of his love for Pakistan and muslims was greater. He passed the same intensity of both to his children, nephews, nieces, grandchildren and grand nephews nieces etc. I for one intend to pass it on to mine whenever Allah so blesses me.
The picture in my head of Jalandhar and Amritsar is composed of Abaji (my gramps) and A Hameed's description of these two cities.
BTW A Hameed was an aquaintance of my Abaji through Muneer Niazi late who was a neighbour of my mother's aunt who lives only a street away from our house. I remember as a child going with Abaji to their house where these 4 men (my grand uncle, Abaji, MN and AH) would talk for ages about their beloved cities and the blood bath by the sikhs and hindus.
They used to say that sikhs will one day despair siding with hindus and that hindus will never be peaceful neighbors what to say of being friends. The old men were not wrong on any account.

Amratsar was definitely going to be part of PAKISTAN.

i am also ancestral Jalandhari ... and i wish to see my grand father's Haweli ...

Back
Top Bottom