What's new

AH-1Z impacted by frosty US-Pak relations

Frankly I will not be amazed if we cant get AH-1zs its not the first time, US is not the only country making attack helos. We can get attack helos from Russian or some other vendor.

Turkey is not submitting to US demands since some time. Probably after the failed coup.
Pakistan has not been submitting to US demands also.

I think its more of the difference in opinion on geographical matters like Afghanistan, rather than PA going against USA proxies.

so according to this report, no AH-1Z has arrived Pakistan neither inducted by PAA. The 2 x AH-1Z which have been completed are sitting in USA.

If Turkey takes a stand, which i think Erdogan will, the T-129 deal will not get affected.
If ATAK gets affected it means Turkey is no longer with NATO!!! Not a bad option either....

State Department official confirms AH-1Z delivery suspended:

“The President suspended U.S. grant-funded security assistance to Pakistan in January 2018 as a result of Pakistan’s lack of responsiveness to U.S. requests in support of the South Asia strategy,” a State Department official said on the condition of anonymity. “The United States has consequently suspended delivery of FMF-funded military equipment to Pakistan, including AH-1Z attack helicopters.”

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom