What's new

Afzal Guru's mercy petition rejected, execution soon: sources

Seems that Pranab is the opposite to Patil in terms of mercy petitions ;)

Wasn't it @Rafi who used to keep bleating here that Afzal Guru wouldn't be hanged by India because pak was using Sarabjit Singh's life as a bargaining chip? And that the moment Afzal guru is hanged, SS would be hanged too?

Terrorists have a choice to make in India - either die by the bullets of our armed forces or police, or hang for 20 minutes at the end of a hangman's noose. No other choice exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respect to Pranab Mukherjee for taking the decion fast after taking the President's chair. Hope the trend continues

Its Supreme Court decision enforced. No credit to any Ex Congressi.

After the mercy petition was filed, it was the president's decision. The previous presidents Pratibha patil (ex congressi) and Abdul kalam (non political, NDA appointed) both sat on the petition throughout their tenure, without taking a decision.

Congrats to all Indians....
India.gif

After the mercy petition was filed, it was the president's decision. The previous presidents Pratibha patil and Abdul kalam both sat on the petition throughout their tenure, without taking a decision.

it is India's decision... not president not congressi...
India.gif

it is India's decision... not president not congressi...
India.gif

Rejecting a mercy petition is the president's decision. It is not done through a popular vote, so it's not exactly "India's decision".

good justice done to victims in delay :tup:. pranad mukherji had taken good decisions on culprits of terror strikes unlike pupet ex president prathiba patil.

Dats the Difference between a Grand Mother and a Dada

Rejecting a mercy petition is the president's decision. It is not done through a popular vote, so it's not exactly "India's decision".

supreme court decision + president decision = India's decision. :)

I have no love for any congressi either...anyways..the decision to reject the mercy plea lies with the president...and he did that even with kasab...rejected the plea as soon as 10 days after taking the office.

I have no love for any congressi either...anyways..the decision to reject the mercy plea lies with the president...and he did that even with kasab...rejected the plea as soon as 10 days after taking the office.
For that I agree, but both you and me know that it was political move. In both cases.

Back
Top Bottom