What's new

Afridi Tribesmen approach Afghan authorities against Pak injustice

Steady on - they are just men, they also put their pants on one leg at a time and they have made some serious mistakes and continue to do so. Heroic action must be credited, so must blunders.

Yes blunders should be criticized but blanket statements should be avoided.

And military isn't just watchman. They are much more than that.

Afridis were one of the most patriotic pashtun tribes of pakistan..What in the world happened enough for 200 of their tribal elders to seek protection from afghan govt and even to ask for their land to be annexed by afghanistan..?
Can some members from KPK shed some light on the issue..?(@Pak-one @Hyperion,@pukthun)

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of you asked for a source previously, i merely posted it.

Bias, not credible aside, this is the propaganda being run by the Afghan Pashtuns.. It is better to shoot it down with facts than just close it.

Fact 1: Meet any Afghani in Pakistan and he'd want to be called as Pakistani... I can provide hardcore proofs since they live among us and are quite nice people.

Fact 2: Most of the Afridi tribesmen are after the money just like most of the Pashtuns of Afghanistan are. They even sells their daughters for money - yes Afridis sells their daughters too.

Fact 3: There're good, bad and ugly creature in every society, every country and in every race. Not all Afridis are bad, but not them all are good either.

Fact 4: Afridis are not trustworthy people, they'd flip in no time if shown money.

Most of the afridis, their tribal elders are involved in smuggling and narcotics, money is every thing for them. It should be not surprising to see them changing their loyalty, kia aap log shakil afridi ko bul gaye? And its not the first time

On 12 August 1949, a group of Afridi tribesmen was called in a meeting in Tirah tribal territory to establish a Pakhtoon Assembly. Another isolated meeting at Razmak in Waziristan, elected the Faqir of Ipi, as "President of Pashtoonistan". He had earlier served as Chairman of the"Provisional Assembly of Independent Pashtoonistan". It was known that the Faqir Ipi had been in league with the Red Shirts or the Khudai Khidmatgars of Abdul GhaffarKhan. source:globalsecurity.org

Taliban are terrorists but believe in territorial integratity of pakistan, but these tribal elders of afridis are highly unreliable like baloch sardars...each one of them should be traced by ISI.

Fact 1: Meet any Afghani in Pakistan and he'd want to be called as Pakistani... I can provide hardcore proofs since they live among us and are quite nice people.

Fact 2: Most of the Afridi tribesmen are after the money just like most of the Pashtuns of Afghanistan are. They even sells their daughters for money - yes Afridis sells their daughters too.

Fact 3: There're good, bad and ugly creature in every society, every country and in every race. Not all Afridis are bad, but not them all are good either.

Fact 4: Afridis are not trustworthy people, they'd flip in no time if shown money.

Pakistan governament should stuff the pockets of these afridi tribal leaders with money...

Taliban are terrorists but believe in territorial integratity of pakistan, but these tribal elders of afridis are highly unreliable like baloch sardars...each one of them should be traced by ISI.

Why say such things? How can they be terrorists and believe in the territorial integrity of Pakistan? Though you are right about the narco thing.

I personally have zero problem if the elders of the tribe said this and want this -- see, I spent a lot of time on the other side, and I know the last thing the other side wants are the tribals on the Pakistani side, trust me on this -- see the deal with the tribals of Pakistan is that they "get it" - they get the whole "State", "Nation" "Progress" thing, and they want it.

Unfortunately Pakistan has some very insecure people in leadership positions, they are easy to scare, reality is that a majority of Pashtuns, by their own free will, live in Pakistan - and reality is that it is Pashtuns from Afghanistan that seek Pakistani intercession, reality is that it is Pakistani currency they do commerce in, yes, inside A'stan -- Yes, sir, let the dogs bark and it will be their darkest day, when the Pakistani public led by a able leadership will ask if it is not the will of the Pakistani public that all Pashtun should be united?

We describe Pashtun as if all were the same, this is not the case, in Pakistan, the most progressive, most dynamic element of society is Pashtun alas, the most regressive are also among the Pashtun . What does this mean?? It means for some time a struggle is going for the meaning of what is Pashtun/Pakhtun, it not just a social struggle, it is an economic one as well, incredibly this struggle is not in A'stan but in Pakistan, WHY? What does it mean? It means that it is only in Pakistan where such an awareness even exists and that is a tremendous achievement and one we ought not be insecure about even as we ought not be complacent about either - much depends of creating the economic and social space required by all Pakistanis

Afridis were one of the most patriotic pashtun tribes of pakistan..What in the world happened enough for 200 of their tribal elders to seek protection from afghan govt and even to ask for their land to be annexed by afghanistan..?
Can some members from KPK shed some light on the issue..?(@Pak-one @Hyperion,@pukthun)

Nothing happened :)))

Afridis are one of most educated people here and they dont have any sort of such BS asking Afghanistan/

Individuals are everywhere with own personal interests. So if anyone seeks that interests he and his family is all free to do that

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah they r treated unfairly, you people droped an Afridi from cricket team... Yup definitely injustice :D

Most of the afridis, their tribal elders are involved in smuggling and narcotics, money is every thing for them. It should be not surprising to see them changing their loyalty, kia aap log shakil afridi ko bul gaye? And its not the first time

On 12 August 1949, a group of Afridi tribesmen was called in a meeting in Tirah tribal territory to establish a Pakhtoon Assembly. Another isolated meeting at Razmak in Waziristan, elected the Faqir of Ipi, as "President of Pashtoonistan". He had earlier served as Chairman of the"Provisional Assembly of Independent Pashtoonistan". It was known that the Faqir Ipi had been in league with the Red Shirts or the Khudai Khidmatgars of Abdul GhaffarKhan. source:globalsecurity.org

:lol: hello Monkey the Luffy aka Pak one once again.

now fk off man. dont try to create afghanistani shyt there

come on man, dont be so judgmental about them, you cannot paint a whole tribe that way, plus its the biggest, obvious tribal rivalry must not take over your good judgment..

This watchmen thing is present only in the book to fool people. All the countries in the world consider their military to be the most important pillar of the state and not just a mere watchman. You can get rid of watchman, you can never ever think about abandoning your army. And calling army just a watchman is a disrespect for all those who have laid down their lives for this nation.

they were not watchman. They were heroes. And they were more productive to this country than you and me.

tool, instrument, not pillar of the state !

come on man, dont be so judgmental about them, you cannot paint a whole tribe that way, plus its the biggest, obvious tribal rivalry must not take over your good judgment..

Nai Yaar... I've Afridi blood too and I know them from very close interaction. I've stated the obvious which could very well be termed as my personal opinion but this is how it is. Most of them would do anything, anything for money.

Pakistan governament should stuff the pockets of these afridi tribal leaders with money...

But the Govt. is thinking of doing something contrary to that - stuffing their pockets from Afridis.

Back
Top Bottom