News Desk in Karachi
03 September, 2021
174 Shares
facebook sharing button
twitter sharing button
Tweet
Afridi, Akhtar, Yousuf hurled abuses at me during ODI debut: Sehwag
PHOTO: AFP
Former Indian opener Virender Sehwag has claimed that Pakistani cricketers hurled abuses at him during his One-day International (ODI) debut in 1999 in Mohali.
Sehwag stated that speedster Shoaib Akhtar, all-rounder Shahid Afridi and batsman Mohammad Yousuf were among the players who abused him.
“I was around 20-21 years old then. When I went in to bat, the players like Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Yousuf and all other Pakistan team members, welcomed me by abusing a lot, which I hadn’t even heard before,” Sehwag told RJ Raunak in his new show, 13 Jawab Nahi.
“I understood a bit of Punjabi so I could figure the abuses that were hurled at me but I couldn’t do much because it was my first match and I was nervous myself. Some 20-25000 people had come to watch the match and I had never imagined of playing in front of so many people. So back then, I couldn’t do much, but later when I became a player, I ensured I gave it back to them,” he added.
ALSO READ: 'Crisis man' Fawad Alam sheds light on his stellar batting form
Sehwag, who had a terrific record against Pakistan, also stated that this was one of the reasons why he was also motivated to play against the Men in Green.
“When we went to Pakistan for the 2004 tour, by scoring the triple-century in Multan, I returned all their abuses and exacted revenge. Whenever I played against Pakistan, automatically my blood starts boiling and that’s why I always performed well against them and averaged well,” he concluded.
Sehwag scored 1276 runs in Tests at an average of 91.14 with four centuries against Pakistan. Meanwhile, in ODIs, the right-hander notched up 1071 runs in 31 matches averaging 34.5 and with two centuries and six fifties.

1630694346766.png

#Pussy

Not being in the spotlight can do that to an individual, especially when he was once consider 'a' God in his Country.

I have no reservations on his claim. Might be true, but I find it hard to believe that Mohd. Yusuf being one of the guys who had verbally abused him.

#Liar

i wonder what they say to him :lol:
#Pussy

Not being in the spotlight can do that to an individual, especially when he was once consider 'a' God in his Country.

I have no reservations on his claim. Might be true, but I find it hard to believe that Mohd. Yusuf being one of the guys who had verbally abused him.

#Liar
he is saying all pakistani team its mean pure HORSE SH1T . our team is not untited we know it . he is trying to create and cash hate for pakistan /

India as a society is devolving day by day. They are at mid to late 1930s level of Fascism. One can guess what comes next.

Happens in cricket all the time
England v Australia has some classics

He’s lucky he never faced Javed miahdad in opposing team .

Seems Afridi got you good, you are still crying over it.

With a face like that which the only mother can love, you can't Blame Afridi and Akhtar for hurling abuses. :lol: :lol:

Good work by afridi, akhtar and younis :tup:

Cheap publicity stunt! Our fast bowlers destroyed his career just like gambhir. They both hate Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom