What's new

Advani deserves to be President of India, Nitin Gadkari says

Soumitra

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Advani deserves to be President of India, Nitin Gadkari says

NEW DELHI: Union minister and senior BJP leader Nitin Gadkari has said party patriarch LK Advani deserves to be the President of India, a post commensurate with his stature.

Appearing on Rajat Sharma's show "Aap ki Adalat" on India TV, the Union road transport minister said it would not have been proper had he (Advani) been made the Lok Sabha Speaker as the party veteran has already been deputy prime minister.

"Advaniji was deputy prime minister and it would not have been proper had he been made the Speaker. Advaniji deserves to become the nation's President," Gadkari said, according to a press release issued by the channel. "All of us respect Advaniji and we want that he should get a post commensurate with his stature," he said.

Gadkari said Prime Minister Narendra Modi had taken a conscious decision not to induct ministers above the age of 75 years due to which some senior party leaders like Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi did not find a place in the Union Cabinet.

Comparing the party seniors with Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan who cannot play the role of a hero now as the generation has changed, the former BJP president said even he may be replaced ten years from now to make way for new people. He dismissed as media speculation reports that Joshi wanted to become deputy chairman of Planning Commission.

"Joshiji is our thinktank, our senior leader. Our party will surely utilize his vast knowledge and experience," he told the channel.

Advani deserves to be President of India, Nitin Gadkari says - The Times of India

2017 will see Advani becoming the President of India. I think this must have been the deal offered to him.

Q : What is the best way to get rid of a politician you dont want ?
Ans: make him the president:)
Pretty much like when Pranab Mukherjee was turned into President because Chidambaram could not bear him anymore.

2017 will see Advani becoming the President of India. I think this must have been the deal offered to him.
To seal his mouth I guess.

Last edited:
He will be 90 by the time another Presidential term opens up. Will he be a ideal choice, considering how fragile he will be in that sort of age?

Politicians are young at 90 too. :P

Kidding. :D

I am ready to become the YOUNGEST President of India, have been hardcore Modi Supporter, I think Modi owes me this much :angel:

I am ready to be called a RUBBER STAMP, will sign anything Modi gives me to sign :D

Q : What is the best way to get rid of a politician you dont want ?
Ans: make him the president:)

:lol: Get Rid?

Uncle he is already 86!!!

I am ready to become the YOUNGEST President of India, have been hardcore Modi Supporter, I think Modi owes me this much :angel:

I am ready to be called a RUBBER STAMP, will sign anything Modi gives me to sign :D

:lol: Get Rid?

Uncle he is already 86!!!

InashaAllah, Allah u Akber.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom