What's new

Advance Agni II to be tested in September

sudhir007

Reaction score

A “totally new missile,” called Agni II – is to be tested in September from the Wheeler Island, off the Orissa coast.

Developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Agni II – has two stages and both are powered by solid propellants. “It has several advanced technologies,” sources in the DRDO said.

The missile, which can carry nuclear warheads, can be transported by both rail and road. Its range is between 2,750 and 3,000 km. It will thus fill the gap between Agni II, which can cover about 2,500 km, and Agni III that has a range of about 3,500 km. Agni I can hit enemy targets 700 km away. While Agni II and Agni III are two-stage missiles, Agni I is a single-stage one. All are capable of carrying nuclear warheads.

The Agni series have proved the re-entry technology developed by the DRDO. When the missile re-enters the atmosphere from the vacuum of space, the nuclear warhead has to be protected from intense heat.

A “totally new missile,” called Agni II – is to be tested in September from the Wheeler Island, off the Orissa coast.

Developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Agni II – has two stages and both are powered by solid propellants. “It has several advanced technologies,” sources in the DRDO said.

The missile, which can carry nuclear warheads, can be transported by both rail and road. Its range is between 2,750 and 3,000 km. It will thus fill the gap between Agni II, which can cover about 2,500 km, and Agni III that has a range of about 3,500 km. Agni I can hit enemy targets 700 km away. While Agni II and Agni III are two-stage missiles, Agni I is a single-stage one. All are capable of carrying nuclear warheads.

The Agni series have proved the re-entry technology developed by the DRDO. When the missile re-enters the atmosphere from the vacuum of space, the nuclear warhead has to be protected from intense heat.

Dude , is that the AGNI 2.5 Missile :D:partay::blink::smitten::what::victory:

Yes it is the Advance version of Agni seem like they put the coating develope by the scientist which increase the range by 40%...

Agni -2 :2000Km(Earlier range)

Now,
Agni-2 :2750-3000 Km.

:devil:

If it is possible with Agni-2,then imagine what if we add this to agni-3 then without any further upgrade, it range will be 4500-5000 Km.

It will bee::devil::devil:

Yes it is the Advance version of Agni seem like they put the coating develope by the scientist which increase the range by 40%...

Agni -2 :2000Km(Earlier range)

Now,
Agni-2 :2750-3000 Km.

:devil:

If it is possible with Agni-2,then imagine what if we add this to agni-3 then without any further upgrade, it range will be 4500-5000 Km.

It will bee::devil::devil:

during the initial tests in 2000 former Defense Minister George Fernandes had said , the range would be 2500+ km. Which was then rectified to 2000 kms.
But it was confirmed that Missile can hit targets beyond 2500 km with reduced pay load.

It could be MIRVed also in upcoming test.

if this is the scenario, then we already have ICBM.

so Agni 1 was not advanced or what sir im not flamming here im just wanting to know what major difference between new and old agni missile system

Prithvi Warheads -- Can anybody explain me what type of this warheads is it ????

4367827746_b8c25949ab.jpg

so Agni 1 was not advanced or what sir im not flamming here im just wanting to know what major difference between new and old agni missile system

Advancement is a contineous process. It is confusing whether Agni missile was advanced or not. We need a relative missile or system to compare with.

As for the range improvement technology, it is reported in 2008 so it is likely this particular technique is not applied to all systems. However this news hints that the improvement is under process.

domain-b.com : Indigenous technology to increase range of Indian missiles by a third

Well Agni Range keeps on changing over time first (1989) Agni had range of 1500km but over the years it was replaced by new Agni 1 with range of 700 to 1000km (this Agni 1 was tested only after Agni 2 was test fired)since it was felt that old Agni range was not needed since new Agni 1 was capable to target major Pakistani cities , then came Agni 2 with 2000km -2500km , now India will test Advance Agni 2 with 2,750- 3,000 km range ,Agni III already has 3,000 - 5,500 km range , while there will be no Agni-IV missile to make space for Agni IIISL (Sub Launched and MIRV Version) , Agni-V intercontinental ballistic missile, 5000 – 6000 km under development

how u define 'advanced',it cannot b defined without a comparable missile system,this may b more advanced than it predecessor in terms it has more range,it may b mirv and higly mobile,that

Prithvi Warheads -- Can anybody explain me what type of this warheads is it ????

4367827746_b8c25949ab.jpg

they are not nuclear warheads. On right is Bomblet tipped(cluster, piercing, incendiary bomblets) and in middle is BCES warhead( mainly used for runway destruction)

Last edited:

Like i said before dude , it is basically Agni 2.5 missile with better accuracy , and more upto date tech

This means AGNI 3.5 is also in making with range around 4500 km...
What a strategy by india...Gradual progress will attract less...
AGNI-5 should be kept at least 5 more years in making phase...

Back
Top Bottom