What's new

Adultery is not cruelty, Supreme Court says

[Bregs];4758207 said:
This decision of SC is not maintainable in all the cases of adultery, because of reasons of adultery differs in every case

of course.. the judgement was on this specific case.. but adultery is not punshable offence in india..right?

of course.. the judgement was on this specific case.. but adultery is not punshable offence in india..right?

In India, adultery is considered as an offence and is punishable under Section 497 of the Indian penal code. The rule comes under the criminal law of India and has been placed in chapter XX which is related to offences pertaining to marriage

Adultery may not be a serious crime but it does play chaos in the lives of the people concerned. Our Indian society is more conserved and expects faithfulness and loyalty of an individual towards his or her spouse. A person who is committing an adulterous act is always aware of the verity that he or she is violating the basic norms of the institution of marriage and that of the society and credibility and trustworthiness is being targeted.

[Bregs];4758238 said:
In India, adultery is considered as an offence and is punishable under Section 497 of the Indian penal code. The rule comes under the criminal law of India and has been placed in chapter XX which is related to offences pertaining to marriage

ok.. and what is maximum punishment for adultery

ok.. and what is maximum punishment for adultery

Varies upon the criminality of the adultery affecting one of the married partners, to what extent it affected and what have been consequences

Its upto maximum 5 years

Indians need to get more comfortable with divorce. The fake honor culture has resulted in loveless,unhappy marriages and spouses considering taking their lives than divorcing.

[Bregs];4758283 said:
Varies upon the criminality of the adultery affecting one of the married partners, to what extent it affected and what have been consequences

Its upto maximum 5 years

has anybody ever been prosecured for it?

Indians need to get more comfortable with divorce. The fake honor culture has resulted in loveless,unhappy marriages and spouses considering taking their lives than divorcing.

I have seen in some debates women rights activists openly telling women not to give divorce so that husband feels pain..what kind of sadism is it?

I have seen in some debates women rights activists openly telling women not to give divorce so that husband feels pain..what kind of sadism is it?

There have been fair number of convictions but its hard to prove in court of law always

exactly the kind of ugliness thats's happening in our country. but most youngsters are fortunately better than that.

I kind of agree with Supreme court here.. A man could develop extramarital affair because of various reasons.. Lack of love from the partner is one of them.

what about woman? or they never feel lack of love from partners lol

same for women, they dont have opportunity in India .. here both do it.

lol

I would say they have no choice or option because most of them are not independent financially..

wessey be humare boht se mard hypocrite hein..jo apne liya jahiz whoo aurtoon k liya najaiz

lol

I would say they have no choice or option because most of them are not independent financially..

wessey be humare boht se mard hypocrite hein..jo apne liya jahiz whoo aurtoon k liya najaiz
yes, thats what I meant by not having opportunity... they are financially not independent also they dont go and mix with outsiders on daily basis (unless working lady)...
Same reason why divorce is so less ... many are forced to live in a loveless marriage

Our judiciary should stop looking at divorce negatively... its a vastly positive step for many people.

Back
Top Bottom