What's new

Acoustic Signature of Arihant-class SSBN

yet I am waiting an Indian nuclear sub is doing the same thing.

INS Chakra SSN operates in IOR only.

I have a question, what China and India are in common with each other?

Does India have the thermonuclear warhead like China?

Does India have the ICBM like China?

Does India have yet to deploy their own nuclear sub? China has done that since 40 years ago.

Except the population size, China and India have nothing in common with each other.

@Beidou2020 @Martian2

What's your problem mate? Kindly refrain from starting a troll war on this thread at least - if you have to salvage some pride to feel good then you'r free to do so in your section. Thanks you for your participation but kindly leave if you don't have anything constructive to share.

INS Chakra SSN operates in IOR only.

What's your problem mate? Kindly refrain from starting a troll war on this thread at least - if you have to salvage some pride to feel good then you'r free to do so in your section. Thanks you for your participation but kindly leave if you don't have anything constructive to share.

When you drag China into the topic, then the backlash is expected.

Does India have yet to deploy their own nuclear sub? China has done that since 40 years ago.

Except the population size, China and India have nothing in common with each other.

@Beidou2020 @Martian2
By this reasoning, China can't have good carriers, compared to India.....

By this reasoning, China can't have good carriers, compared to India.....

The problem is that China first fitting out a carrier from an empty hull known as Varyag, then it starts to build its own carrier.

India starts with buying the old carriers.

PS, China starts all by itself, even to train its pilots to takeoff/land on the carrier with the fixed-wing aircrafts.

India never had the experience with the fixed-wing aircrafts before, all they had is the VTOL.

Ok, lets compare SSBNs

INS Arihant: second to last.

Arihant_compare.png

Delta III
sub_delta.jpg

dolgorukiy / Borei class..
apl-juriy-dolgorukiy.jpg

Type 092/ Xia
1204px-Xia_class_SSBN.svg.png

Type 094 / Jin
1404px-Jin_class_SSBN.svg.png

Type 096 / Tang
0019b91ecbef1310fda703.jpg

The problem is that China first fitting out a carrier from an empty hull known as Varyag, then it starts to build its own carrier.

India starts with buying the old carriers.

PS, China starts all by itself, even to train its pilots to takeoff/land on the carrier with the fixed-wing aircrafts.

India never had the experience with the fixed-wing aircrafts before, all they had is the VTOL.
India has many many years of carrier experience. Their Vikramaditya is just as new as your Liaoning. China has consistently purchase old carriers e.g. from Australia and Russia for scrapping (i.e. research). China copies with Ukrainian help the Su-33. It has Ukrainians (which built Varyag) help on Liaoning. It is not rocket science.

So Arihant is closer Borei, while the Type 094 is noisier than the 1970s Soviet SSBN.

That's indeed a very professional analysis. :tup:
I never used IS. I'm merely pointing out how well assuming works. Don't blame me for someone elses ranking of 094. You did note Akula 1 is quieter than 094 as well?

Last edited:

@Beidou2020 @Martian2
China>India

but India does have a thermonuclear warhead.. 220kt yield I think

and the means to deliver it via a limited range ICBM

you're right about the rest, India are nowhere near as militarily capable, but you have a bigger gap to catch up with the US Navy, and It's far more likely that there might be a USN/PLAN situation in the SCS than a China/India one around Indian waters.

and lastly, are you a wumaodang ?

India has many many years of carrier experience. Their Vikramaditya is just as new as your Liaoning. China has consistently purchase old carriers e.g. from Australia and Russia for scrapping (i.e. research). China copies with Ukraininan help the Su-33. It has Ukrainians (which built Varyag) help on Liaoning. It is not rocket science.

I never used IS. I'm merely pointing out how well assuming works.

Ukraine cannot even maintain that behemoth after the collapse of the USSR.

All those components were dismantled with only an empty hull left.

China has restored that aircraft carrier by itself, while India had only bought the aircraft carrier before, never building scratch from an empty hull.

Vikramaditya is India's first aircraft carrier with the fixed-wing aircrafts, and India still needs Russia to offer the training.

China has explored everything by itself, and we don't need to get babysit like India.

so what big about that deployment in international waters

BTW some hilarious part was in that source
China's Ministry of Defence informed five other nations- the United States, Singapore, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Russia - of the submarine's deployment in December. Naval officials say this was done possibly to prevent adverse reactions in case their SSN encountered technical problems. Older Chinese 'Han' class SSNs have been plagued by reactor troubles.

so they were unsure about their own capabilty :lol:

CHEERS

I never used IS. I'm merely pointing out how well assuming works. Don't blame me for someone elses ranking of 094. You did note Akula 1 is quieter than 094 as well?

Akula is 10 decibels quieter than the Type 094, because the later one is a SSBN featuring a hump.

It has already been discussed here.

China's Type 093 SSN has acoustic signature of 110 decibels

so they were unsure about their own capabilty :lol:

CHEERS

We are always quite sure about everything.

But sometimes everyone can get bored, and I came here for a special visit.

Usually, it is always the Indian members to pay the visit on our defence section.

Back
Top Bottom