What's new

ABC News: China has a scary dragon stamp

LetsGetRowdy

Reaction score
(this is a good example US/western propaganda)

China’s Scary-Looking Dragon Stamp Sparks Debate

2rnan11.jpg

“When I saw this year’s dragon stamp, I was scared to death!” (LOL) wrote author Zhang Yihe on her Sina Weibo, China’s Twitter-like service.

The dragon is depicted with its fangs bearing and claws out, seemingly ready to pounce. Its eyes are a dark abyss with only the littlest beads of white staring out at the viewer.

Chinese have a natural affinity towards dragons. The Chinese, the legend goes, are thought to be the descendants of the dragon.

Some critics fear the depiction may be sending the wrong message: aggression instead of confidence.

(and here is where they try to tie the dragon stamp to china's disputes with neighboring countries.)

Over the past year China’s neighbors like Vietnam and the Philippines along with the United States have bristled at China’s more aggressive/confident strut on the geopolitical stage , especially in its pursuit of increasing its naval power and the ongoing territorial disputes in the South China Sea.

China’s Scary-Looking Dragon Stamp Sparks Debate - ABC News

china is aggressive, just look at their postage stamp!:lol:

LOL, funny. :lol:

Imagine a country being scared of a stamp?

Chinese have a natural affinity towards dragons. The Chinese, the legend goes, are thought to be the descendants of the dragon.

Sure, Mongolians and Turkic peoples believe they are descended from the Wolf.

And in Chinese mythology, we are "龙的传人"。 It has a nice ring to it. :D

I'm sure the bald eagle, a brutal predator known for squeezing small mammals to death with its massive bladed claws, is cute and cuddly.

(this is a good example US/western propaganda)

China’s Scary-Looking Dragon Stamp Sparks Debate

2rnan11.jpg

“When I saw this year’s dragon stamp, I was scared to death!” (LOL) wrote author Zhang Yihe on her Sina Weibo, China’s Twitter-like service.

The dragon is depicted with its fangs bearing and claws out, seemingly ready to pounce. Its eyes are a dark abyss with only the littlest beads of white staring out at the viewer.

How Can Someone Actually Get Scared By Looking at that Stamp !! :lol: Funny Article

Back
Top Bottom