What's new

A very interesting video on the US, Pakistan, and India

Brookings institute always have the same theme, which he summarized very well

he did not summarize anything... just made a statement without viewing it. and they have no theme other than this being a foreign policy discussion.

he did not summarize anything... just made a statement without viewing it. and they have no theme other than this being a foreign policy discussion.
I had seen that Video long back.
I saw many other Videos from Stephen Cohen as well.
In none of their videos you will ever find any one representing Pakistan and India.
It will be totally US point of view. They present as if they know everything about India and Pakistan. No chance of India or Pakistan to correct what is wrong in their presentations.
Just think for a second, one ex CIA officer is making all sweeping statements from left to right with out anyone to dispute him.
For example: I had seen one Video where Stephen Cohen says India don't need Artillery, tanks etc because Pakistan has nukes. No one there to say, Indian army does not exists only for the sake of Pakistan.
Problem with us Indians is that, whenever white man is praising us, we get carried away with out realizing how he is insulting our intelligence. For example, In this Video, they are projecting as if entire Pakistan's army and intelligence are mindless zombies hell bent to destroy the world. There is no mention of Pakistan's concerns and how to address them. If we keep clapping to such Videos, it indicates we don't have the ability to think.
Bottom line is: Any talk show on TV or Conference/discussion representing only one nation is just a propaganda.

Thanks for sharing. Gives a bright insight in the closed up deals between nations.

In none of their videos you will ever find any one representing Pakistan and India.
It will be totally US point of view. They present as if they know everything about India and Pakistan. No chance of India or Pakistan to correct what is wrong in their presentations.
Just think for a second, one ex CIA officer is making all sweeping statements from left to right with out anyone to dispute him.
For example: I had seen one Video where Stephen Cohen says India don't need Artillery, tanks etc because Pakistan has nukes. No one there to say, Indian army does not exists only for the sake of Pakistan.
Problem with us Indians is that, whenever white man is praising us, we get carried away with out realizing how he is insulting our intelligence. For example, In this Video, they are projecting as if entire Pakistan's army and intelligence are mindless zombies hell bent to destroy the world. There is no mention of Pakistan's concerns and how to address them. If we keep clapping to such Videos, it indicates we don't have the ability to think.
Bottom line is: Any talk show on TV or Conference/discussion representing only one nation is just a propaganda.

again you never saw the video and thus you sound silly. it is not Stephen Cohen and it was quite on the money. if you only spoke after you heard it...

Brookings institute always have the same theme, which he summarized very well

err no.. view it. it is on the money.

I am sure you already know this. But allow me to remind you.

No one knows fully about both the sides. What we do know and what we can know is what we use as a base for our debates and think tanks. We also use our previous knowledge of similar scenarios and try to incorporate those when we react. The video is probably more closer to what the average "global minded" U.S citizen thinks.

I am sure you already know this. But allow me to remind you.

No one knows fully about both the sides. What we do know and what we can know is what we use as a base for our debates and think tanks. We also use our previous knowledge of similar scenarios and try to incorporate those when we react. The video is probably more closer to what the average "global minded" U.S citizen thinks.

Well for Citizens of US, this Video is fine, because it represents US point of view. Also these Videos are more about creating a perception in the people less about what people think.
My point is more directed towards Indians and Pakistanis, when we don't have any one from India Or Pakistan on the panel don't get carried away.

again you never saw the video and thus you sound silly. it is not Stephen Cohen and it was quite on the money. if you only spoke after you heard it...

err no.. view it. it is on the money.

I dint say this video has Stephen Cohen. Stephen Cohen is part of same Brooking institute. I was talking about other video from the same bookings institute. In this Vedio for example, he presents Pakistan as totally irrational state that can not think. If you buy that message or think that I am silly then all I can say is forgive me, I can't understand you.

Well for Citizens of US, this Video is fine, because it represents US point of view. Also these Videos are more about creating a perception in the people less about what people think.
My point is more directed towards Indians and Pakistanis, when we don't have any one from India Or Pakistan on the panel don't get carried away.

It is probably also what most people know about the region. It is slightly more pro-Pakistan specific in Islamic countries and more pro-Indian in some other places. It gives you an insight into what some parts of the world think about the conflict in your part of the world.

It is probably also what most people know about the region. It is slightly more pro-Pakistan specific in Islamic countries and more pro-Indian in some other places. It gives you an insight into what some parts of the world think about the conflict in your part of the world.
I think it is more of pro US govt. Bruce is not a common man on the street. Is is a ex CIA officer. Everything he says or writes has approval by his government. Most often these events are arranged to bring the people into the perception of govt.

Back
Top Bottom