What's new

A Rediff a Day keeps doctors away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumper

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this one. Made me laugh. This article basically "Tries" to explain why terrorist would want to attack cricketers. One more reason why you should visit rediff for a healthy life.:rofl:

Why do terrorists target cricket?

Mods: Sorry, was not sure where to post this one. Move it to appropriate forum.

lool what a joke. he he he he
nice one - but if thats true - then pakistan never had any anti indian stand - because they were too busy playing cricket and being in top 2 teams always.
Rediff is like panjab kesari news paper.

lol I can't believe the Indians have already declared LeT as the culprit of a terror incident in Pakistan where as Pakistanis have not done so yet either.

lol I can't believe the Indians have already declared LeT as the culprit of a terror incident in Pakistan where as Pakistanis have not done so yet either.

That was not my intention for my post.... but this guys spice it up ... to the extent that it is hilarious to even a dumb a$$

[quote
The magazine reportedly says "cricket bat was given to Pakistanis in exchange for swords".[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE
Cricket, the LeT says, is basically a Western game. So, the LeT says there was no need for Pakistan, in particular, to follow it like a religion.[/quote]

Does not need any qualification to be a reporter .... you listening Mr.Vicky.

Rediff is quoting LeT Magazine. It is not views of Rediff.

The quote is from LeT Magazine name "Zarb e Toiba". You people should stop laughing because that magazine justify attack on cricket team. Maybe that is proof of LeT involvement.

Here is similar comment from The Australian, also quote "Zarb e Toiba":
Islamists wage war against cricket, 'the other religion' | The Australian

The magazine article commented: "It is sad that Pakistanis are committing suicide after losing cricket matches to India. But they are not sacrificing their lives to protect the honour of the raped Kashmiri women. To watch a cricket match we would take a day off work. But for jihad, we have not time!"

More fitting for a mujahid (or holy fighter), the magazine said, were the sports of archery, horseriding and swimming.

"The above are not just sports but exercises for jihad," Zarb-e-Toiba told its readers.

"Cricket is an evil and sinful sport. Under the intoxication of cricket, Pakistanis have forgotten that these Hindu players come from the same nation that raped our mothers, sisters, daughters, wives and daughters-in-law."

The quote is from LeT Magazine name "Zarb e Toiba". You people should stop laughing because that magazine justify attack on cricket team. Maybe that is proof of LeT involvement.

Here is similar comment from The Australian, also quote "Zarb e Toiba":
Islamists wage war against cricket, 'the other religion' | The Australian

The magazine article commented: "It is sad that Pakistanis are committing suicide after losing cricket matches to India. But they are not sacrificing their lives to protect the honour of the raped Kashmiri women. To watch a cricket match we would take a day off work. But for jihad, we have not time!"

More fitting for a mujahid (or holy fighter), the magazine said, were the sports of archery, horseriding and swimming.

"The above are not just sports but exercises for jihad," Zarb-e-Toiba told its readers.

"Cricket is an evil and sinful sport. Under the intoxication of cricket, Pakistanis have forgotten that these Hindu players come from the same nation that raped our mothers, sisters, daughters, wives and daughters-in-law."

Common man ... there is no URL as to where this guys are quoting this magazine from. And also for god's sake ...A magazine is no proof.

I can do a google and get you official statements from VHP, BJP, etc on what they "think" should my country be governed as..... would you want to accept that as official proof of discrimination against minorities in india?. LeT or Taliban is not pakistan. Accept it.

So top ranting!

Maybe you people are blind I do not know. First you cannot read simple Rediff article properly, then you claim that the Rediff is made up the story.

That is why I wrote about "The Australian" newspaper which also mentioned "Zarb e Toiba". article.

This is not views of political party. It is views of terrorist organization which done many attacks in the past. So it is different from VHP or BJP.

Those people who are thinking "LeT cannot attack cricketers" can now know that it is possible for LeT to attack cricketers.

Maybe you people are blind I do not know. First you cannot read simple Rediff article properly, then you claim that the Rediff is made up the story.
Point taken that i did not read it before commenting.

That is why I wrote about "The Australian" newspaper which also mentioned "Zarb e Toiba". article.
Agreed , but where is this Zarb e Toiba magazine. I assume its not online, so we have to depend on what the author claim's.

This is not views of political party. It is views of terrorist organization which done many attacks in the past. So it is different from VHP or BJP.
Dont know about you, but for me , what Bajrang Dal did in Orissa was Terrorism. What they did in gujrat was terrorism. No excuse for killing innocents. I expect this guys to be prosecuted just as we prosecute the other terror organization.

Those people who are thinking "LeT cannot attack cricketers" can now know that it is possible for LeT to attack cricketers.
I didn't claim otherwise. All im saying is that this so called magazine is NO PROOF of involvement. Possibilities exist. But dont term it as proof.

Agreed , but where is this Zarb e Toiba magazine. I assume its not online, so we have to depend on what the author claim's.

You are funny man. Maybe you should go everywhere and check if claim is true.

Which hosptal you were born? Maybe you should go to hospital and check if your mom is telling truth.

Dont know about you, but for me , what Bajrang Dal did in Orissa was Terrorism. What they did in gujrat was terrorism. No excuse for killing innocents. I expect this guys to be prosecuted just as we prosecute the other terror organization.

What is wrong with you. Orissa and Gujarat was Riots. Riots happen even in Pakistan very often (Shia-Sunni). They are not called terrorism.
You are acting like juvenile.

I didn't claim otherwise. All im saying is that this so called magazine is NO PROOF of involvement. Possibilities exist. But dont term it as proof.

I said maybe this proof. Not final proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom