What's new

A Muslim Woman who teaches Kirtan...

Typical self righteous attitude

Something happens in USA, you guys protest
Something happens in the Netherlands, you guys protest (and kill)
Something happens in India, you guys protest and give your self righteous advice

You must be on crack, what has all the above statement's mentioned by you got to do with this discussion.....damn it must be some potent sh!t for you to sprout that BS.

As this is a muslim women, this issue concerns the Muslim community, so what the hell are you yapping on about. And for your information its my opinion...go and get a dictionary and find the meaning of it...no one is bringing up India....I know you feel left out....but take a chill pill .

But of course your faith is the 'true' one right? Gives you a license to do anything I suppose
#

You have mental issues...as this is a muslim women, obviously her actions would be scrutinized under the Islamic law, so other religion's are of no concern in this discussion as its about her actions in teaching Kirtan, and which in my opinion is wrong.....slowly process the word opinion into your body, let me know if it has gone in.

I dont get it, she is a teacher and she is teaching sikh music to students. Now people want to tell what profesion she should choose? She has gift, her family is ok and her community is ok but narrow minded people are trying to judgemental here?

Pakistan was founded by a man who did not share any of the hard attitudes one gets to see these days from more than a small majority of ppl in Pakistan.

Wonder why and where this change came from? Could it be Zia's time ?

On the subject, I once heard a Granthi say that God in heavens is quite like the sub soil water beneath us.Its the same but only defined ( called) by the person who draws it from his well.

All tube wells & hand pumps draw water from the same source - I call it my water while you call it yours.The basic chemical composition, life sustaining characteristics of it remains the same ir respective of where it is drawn from.

I leave it for those who read this post to interpret this in their own ways but I for one feel there is no cause for stress or fuss in the contents of thread # 1.

Lol, so you once met ONE Indian Muslim and inferred that every Indian Muslim does that? Great logic! :no:

Do you know that groups like VHP, Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena are always exercised about the same thing in reverse. It seems like bigots are a mirror image of each other.

And of course, you forget to mention places like Ajmer Sharif, Haji Ali and so many others where Hindus go and pray without any demand that Muslims also pray at their temples. And you have a problem with the Indian Muslim just going to the temple every Saturday! You should be happy that Hindus are also being "polluted" and on a much larger scale :victory:

EDIT: Oops, I forgot that even the Data Darbar shrine is no longer sacred to "pure" Muslims.

If you read my commet AGAIN,you will notice that i used the word "Many" not "All" or "Most".
Hinduism has no well defined bounderies.Its a continuation of ancienr Paganism and people can choose to mix and match various religious practices and beleifs,as the old pagans used to do.You can call it blurred religion,or Flexible religion.
Whereas in Islam we do have very well defined limits and bounderies..
If Hindus go to Muslim shrines,that doesnt mean muslims are alowed to do the same.

If you read my commet AGAIN,you will notice that i used the word "Many" not "All" or "Most".
Hinduism has no well defined bounderies.Its a continuation of ancienr Paganism and people can choose to mix and match various religious practices and beleifs,as the old pagans used to do.You can call it blurred religion,or Flexible religion.
Whereas in Islam we do have very well defined limits and bounderies..
If Hindus go to Muslim shrines,that doesnt mean muslims are alowed to do the same.

He's only going there, not praying. Heck, he's not even paying his respects or anything. If you can't even tolerate his going there, and do not appreciate the fact that people of other religion also pray at some of your shrines, then you are exactly the type of person who is unsuitable for religious tolerance and certainly brotherhood.

BTW, you should learn more about the "flexible religion". It is not as flexible as you think.

I dont get it, she is a teacher and she is teaching sikh music to students

The key word which you missed out was that she is teaching Sikh Religious music, where instead she should have studied more on Islam, instead of singing in a temple glorifying the idol gods, no offence but that is my opinion.

She is putting all this effort in educating the Sikhs in there religion, yet she is not teaching the Muslim kids...quite shameful....but its her life.

Now people want to tell what profesion she should choose? She has gift, her family is ok and her community is ok but narrow minded people are trying to judgemental here?

She can do what she likes, but if you claim to be a Muslim, then you should follow its principles, its not narrow minded, it was told from are Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) who said that one should devote them selves to Allah and the Sunnah....clearly singing the Sikh Religious song is not following the Sunnah, as the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) disliked idol worshipping.

He's only going there, not praying

Why would he go there in the first place....that's unproductive, as idol worshipping in Islam was disliked By our Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), and its the Sunnah of Muslims to follow his example.

Pakistan was founded by a man who did not share any of the hard attitudes one gets to see these days from more than a small majority of ppl in Pakistan.

Wonder why and where this change came from? Could it be Zia's time ?

On the subject, I once heard a Granthi say that God in heavens is quite like the sub soil water beneath us.Its the same but only defined ( called) by the person who draws it from his well.

All tube wells & hand pumps draw water from the same source - I call it my water while you call it yours.The basic chemical composition, life sustaining characteristics of it remains the same ir respective of where it is drawn from.

I leave it for those who read this post to interpret this in their own ways but I for one feel there is no cause for stress or fuss in the contents of thread # 1.

I believe Pakistanis are at loss of an identity,that is why they want themselves to be more hard liners than Arabs.

I totally believe what you said

I believe Pakistanis are at loss of an identity,that is why they want themselves to be more hard liners than Arabs.

I totally believe what you said

Dont troll the thread

No one is speaking about 'pakistanis'in this thread.

Where did you get this idea from?

Pakistani's in this discussion board are not being hard liners.....they are just following there religion. I don't want to sound offending but your religion may have innovation, but Islam can never change, and the women in question is not following the Sunnah as she is glorying the Sikh religion, and second that too in a idol worshipping temple, which was strongly disliked liked By the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him).

Why would he go there in the first place....that's unproductive, as idol worshipping in Islam was disliked By our Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), and its the Sunnah of Muslims to follow his example.

Because she is his girlfriend! Won't you accompany your girlfriend/wife if she wants you to? And suppose she visits a women's garment shop, and you accompany here, does it mean that you are also buying those clothes? :lol:

If he prayed there, then you might have an issue, but otherwise it just shows the intolerant strain in you. I am sorry to make these personal comments but they are deserved in this case.

The key word which you missed out was that she is teaching Sikh Religious music, where instead she should have studied more on Islam, instead of singing in a temple glorifying the idol gods, no offence but that is my opinion.

My point exactly that if you dont know something, you should not comment about it. There is not idol worship in Sikhism.

She is putting all this effort in educating the Sikhs in there religion, yet she is not teaching the Muslim kids...quite shameful....but its her life.

No, I would kindly disagree, she is putting effort in teaching music, which happened to be Sikh music. There are lots of muslim teachers in western world that tech in public system and what they teaching some people, like you, would say that its un-islamic. Should they quit thier jobs too?

She can do what she likes, but if you claim to be a Muslim, then you should follow its principles, its not narrow minded, it was told from are Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) who said that one should devote them selves to Allah and the Sunnah....clearly singing the Sikh Religious song is not following the Sunnah, as the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) disliked idol worshipping.

You should research on something before you comment.

very pathetic to hear from u.
u r saying that on judgement day god will ask her,y did u sing in praise me according to kirtan,y didnt u tried islamic songs.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:,god just see the love not the language of love.
even in sikh saints in earlier times used to have muslim followers.if god dont create differences in choosing muslim as his follower then who are u to ask the language in which a person wants to praise.

Wait, a few posts back, everyone was saying that Sikhism was different from Islam, now you are saying that they believe in the same god?

We believe ISLAM is the ONLY true religion... is not the recitation of the Qur'an full of love? I know converts that turned to Islam after hearing the azaan.

Anyway, this lady probably is a ghair Muslim. There are ghair people everywhere.

End of discussion.

Period.

No really.

Back
Top Bottom