What's new

A handy guide to the U-2 spy plane

Damn, that's a treasure trove.....most don't even know that RB57 versions operated from Pakistan...let alone their aim. Is this information available in a ready form like book/online journal for future complete reference?

@MastanKhan you might find this interesting read....

Most of the info on the RB-57 came from a book called "The History of Big Safari" - here's a link to some excerpts:

The History of Big Safari - Colonel Bill Grimes, USAF Retired - Google Books

Assorted sources are also present, I'll track them down and add them to this post as I find them.

*Edit - I'll add additional sources under this line:

The story itself (the one I provided above) comes from this very well sourced and documented link:

Brown Pundits: Eye in the Sky. US, Pakistan, U2 etc

It will offer the whole story, not just the parts about Pakistan.

This one offers info on US spy-flights from Pakistani soil

Lockheed U-2

http://www.coldwar.org/text_files/ColdwartimesMay2010.pdf

Last edited:
Damn, that's a treasure trove.....most don't even know that RB57 versions operated from Pakistan...let alone their aim. Is this information available in a ready form like book/online journal for future complete reference?

@MastanKhan you might find this interesting read....

Hi,

Thank you for your post---I have written about this many a years ago----the indians were bragging about their over flights in the 90's----we were doing these in the late 60's.

The americans were flying this aircraft with space suits---which were bulky and very hot---the Pakistanis would not use it because of discomfort---but then they could not fly as high.

The PAF let the plane get destroyed while it was parked on the tarmac at Karachi----they let it be destroyed---.

A USAF Lt who was based in pakistan at that time is a member here now---retd as Col and doing the Lord's work nowadays if I am not wrong----.

Back
Top Bottom