What's new

A choice no country should have to make

Then Indian society is much more committed to improving the environment than Chinese. Higher percentage of Indian land is under forest cover than Chinese.

List of countries by forest area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in China you get piped water for free.

Thats just a sweeping statement.Checkout the India progressing thread in Multimedia Section. Yes, I am not going to deny that there are problems but not every Govt hospital,school,highway is bad. It also varies from one Indian state to another. In my state Kerala, there is no powercut while nextdoor neighbour TN has 8 hours powercut per day. On the otherhand TN has better roads, infrastructure and industrial base when compared to Kerala.
The consumption of cell phones , cars etc is an indicator of increasing prosperity in the society.Something the Chinese is also very proud of.

India has a universal healthcare system where everyone is treated no matter what his political affiliations or whether he holds an health insurance or not. As a matter of policy in my place no patient is send away from a Govt Medical College.

But the question is why China eventhough being a uni-racial, uni-language, uni-Party country lags decades behind such small countries like Mexico, UAE or Saudi

Its funny hearing a Chinese talk about ill effects of Capitalism while you are more Capitalist than the West.

More capitalist than the west? 50% of the economy is owned by state owned corporations.

Chinese water fees are some of the lowest in the world, and is provided at a loss to the government.

India has universal healthcare, then why is India #1 in deaths due to simple diseases like cholera and pneumonia?

TPP?A new tool for Uncle Sam to shear the sheep.:usflag:

Let them have their TPP. The truth is, China already has everything we need to stand on our own. We can lead our own economic bloc based around the RMB. The West sanctioned our high technology for decades to prevent us from becoming independent from Western technology. But our hardwork, brains and cunning covert operations have pretty much given us the foundations for high tech industries today.

In 10 years, when our high tech industries matures, much of international commerce will be controlled by Chinese companies. So now is the time to assemble our alliance of economic partners -- Hong Kong and Taiwan are already secured, many ASEAN countries will join us, North Korea will join us, many South Asian countries will join us, as will most of Africa and Latin America. We can sanction those countries working against our interests -- like india, Vietnam and Philippines. Japan, Burma and South Korea are crucial battleground swing-states that can lean toward either China or USA.

More capitalist than the west? 50% of the economy is owned by state owned corporations.[Q

Any link. My personal opinion is that other than running utlities like power, water, railways etc the govt should confine itself as a strong facilitator.Its not the Govt's job to produce everthing from soap to jet plane.

Chinese water fees are some of the lowest in the world, and is provided at a loss to the government.

So is in India..meaning if you don't pay your water connection will be cut. Then what about your statement that water is basic human right. If so then why don't your govt provide piped water for free to their citizens.

India has universal healthcare, then why is India #1 in deaths due to simple diseases like cholera and pneumonia?

I never said that we have a super duper system, but no Indian is turned away from an Indian Govt hospital away just bcs he don't believe in a certain ideology. On the otherhand inspite of having a super duper system you lag behind even small countries like Sri Lanka & South Korea.

Again that is because of America's war OF terror that is affecting Pakistan the most. India is unharmed by America's war OF terror that is why they don't want America to end it, while Pakistanis are praying everyday that the war OF terror ends.

Besides, China's leaders and military loves Pakistan and that is what matters the most. The common person in China does not make China's foreign policy.
Brother,do not trust those survey made by the west media.
Here is a web survey made by The Global Times whose circulation ranks the 3rd in China
Sorry for only Chinese,you can use Google translator:lol:
Chinese netizens:The impression of 32 main countries around the world
Pakistan is one of the best four :pakistan:
The impression words about Pakistan is as follows according to the votes number:
1 Friendship
2 Brotherhood
3 Kashmir issue
4 India - Pakistan war
5 Anti-terrorism
5 China-Pakistan road
6 Gwadar port
7 Pakistan Taliban
8 Bin Laden(because he was shot dead in Pakistan)
9 Still underdeveloped
10 Religious extremists
Maybe some impression are not quite right in Pakistan brothers' eyes however it is the true feelings of
ordinary Chinese.
Sino-Pak friendship and brotherhood forever!:china::pakistan:

Let them have their TPP. The truth is, China already has everything we need to stand on our own. We can lead our own economic bloc based around the RMB. The West sanctioned our high technology for decades to prevent us from becoming independent from Western technology. But our hardwork, brains and cunning covert operations have pretty much given us the foundations for high tech industries today.

In 10 years, when our high tech industries matures, much of international commerce will be controlled by Chinese companies. So now is the time to assemble our alliance of economic partners -- Hong Kong and Taiwan are already secured, many ASEAN countries will join us, North Korea will join us, many South Asian countries will join us, as will most of Africa and Latin America. We can sanction those countries working against our interests -- like india, Vietnam and Philippines. Japan, Burma and South Korea are crucial battleground swing-states that can lean toward either China or USA.
Their government are not stupid,they know the US's real intention.
The Japanese central bank has approved China-Japan direct trading with Yuan-Yen without using dollars.
Oh Japan,you really made your daddy unhappy:smokin:
Japan,as a colony of the US economically and politically,is struggling to find a way to lessen Daddy US's sheepshearing that she cannot
refuse. If those anti-China countries wanna to be like Japan, I will be very happy to see that.:enjoy:

- Aksai Chin = India, China

- Arunachal Pradesh - India, China

- Azad Kashmir - India, Pakistan

- Boraibari - India, Bangladesh

- Daikhata-Dumabari - India, Bangladesh

- Demchok, Chumar, Kaurik, Shipki Pass, Jadh, and Lapthal - India, China

- Gilgit-Baltistan - India, Pakistan

- Indo-Bangladesh enclaves - India, Bangladesh

- Kachatheevu Island - India, Sri Lanka

- Jammu and Kashmir - India, Pakistan

- Kalapani region, the smaller Susta River dispute and the smaller still Antudanda and Nawalparasi disputes - India, Nepal

- Lathitila - India, Bangladesh

- Muhurichar river island - India, Bangladesh

- Pyrdiwah - India, Bangladesh

- Shaksgam Valley - India, China

- Siachen Glacier and Saltoro Ridge area - India, Pakistan

- Sir Creek - India, Pakistan

- South Talpatti/New Moore/Purbasha Island - India, Bangladesh

- Trans-Karakoram Tract - India, China

U could have simply said india have territorial disputes with china, pakistan etc
The problem with BD is enclaves only, not territory !!!
Like in 3 idiots film, saying this complexily, while it could have been simple !!!
Shall i say the territorial dispputes china have with its neighbours?

Any link. My personal opinion is that other than running utlities like power, water, railways etc the govt should confine itself as a strong facilitator.Its not the Govt's job to produce everthing from soap to jet plane.

So is in India..meaning if you don't pay your water connection will be cut. Then what about your statement that water is basic human right. If so then why don't your govt provide piped water for free to their citizens.

I never said that we have a super duper system, but no Indian is turned away from an Indian Govt hospital away just bcs he don't believe in a certain ideology. On the otherhand inspite of having a super duper system you lag behind even small countries like Sri Lanka & South Korea.

China unveils new top 500 companies list - China.org.cn

However, state-owned enterprises (SOEs) continue dominating the three lists. Among the China's top 500, 316 are SOEs, accounting for 63.2 percent. The operating revenue of these SOEs was 30.08 trillion yuan, accounted for 82.84 percent, while the total asset was 97.74 trillion yuan, accounting for 90.41 percent.

China's GDP is 47.6 trillion yuan, as a comparison.

---

If things are THAT GOOD in water resources of India, why are there still water trucks?

http://www.organicconsumers.org/politics/water071805.cfm

http://www.mindfully.org/Water/2005/India-Water-Privatisation22mar05.htm

---

Who is turned away from a Chinese hospital based on political ideology? You mean to say that only communists can go to hospital in China? Then how come our average lifespan is equal to some European countries? Do you mean to say that communists live for 500 years and the rest have Indian lifespans? :lol:

China should stop claiming territories of other countries based on some obscure historical proof that those areas once belonged to some Chinese kingdom.

Can you imagine Mongolians claiming most of China because once upon a time they ruled over the Chinese territory? Thats how silly the Chinese claims are.

This hegemonic greedy approach has earned China nothing but enemies and pushed countries towards America. Most of the allies of China are the pariah states of the world, or the friendship with China turns these countries into pariah state.

The land that Mongolian empire emerged is in China. Though those living in the Republic of Mongol today are the outcaste, they yet have higher IQs not to claim China and/or Europe than those who dream wildly improbable low IQ… Looks like that IQ publication gets one more proof! :lol:

China settled all land disputes with all its neighbors except India!

India settles no land disputes with its every neighbor, because India believes it inherits from its formal master all British colonial occupation of other countries territories, and wants to be a second-hand imperialism.

In fact, N Korea is still China’s running dog. China fees NK on daily bases. China has no problems with Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Laos…

Heck, what is somebody calls Asian NATO? Oh, yeah! That’s SCO where members were all China’s “enemy”!

LOL!

Per the picture in the article, to make a TPP(Trans Pacific Partnership ) without the Panda is like to build a computer without CPU.

Get the ground reality!

Spare me the theatrics. Readers understand perfectly well the context of the atomic bombs and NOTHING justifies their use on Nagasaki/Hiroshima. My statement stands firmly on its own merit that these acts were indefensible. The fact that the Japanese are such staunch American allies despite those atrocities is a triumph of the American soft power.

The rest of your speech about Japan is irrelevant. The issue is not whether, or who, should forgive the Japanese -- that, like I said, is between Japan and her victims -- but the fact that American soft power has won them over.
If Pakistan had suffered under Imperial Japan the way the Chinese, the Koreans, the Viets, the Phis, and the rest of Asia did, and if any of your family ancestral members died in defending Pakistan in anyway, I doubt that you would be so easy with your condemnation of US. But it is telling that from one side of your mouth you morally condemn US for an act in WW II but in the other side you conveniently claim moral neutrality on how the victims should feel based upon the suffering that they believed necessitated that act. Convenient that you do not know any of the survivor victims to ask them to share your condemnation.

So spare US and the victims of Imperial Japan your tap-dancing. It was never entertaining to start.

Contrary to your fervent attempts to find imaginary insults, I was actually complimenting America on that achievement.
The insults are plenty and common. To insult US, one is quite obliged to insult our allies as well.

As for your assertion that the Japanese affinity to America is due to American values, that is an unprovable claim. Sweden and Holland also share the same values, yet the Japanese culture is not particularly attached to them. Their closeness to America is due to American money, American media, and American cultural dominance. To deny such a glaring truth is just disingenuous.
And you keep telling me that you are not trying to insult the Japanese and US? :lol: Here you are telling everyone that Japan is effectively an American state. What is disingenuous here is YOUR implication that a culture must remain static in order to claim any historical legitimacy and moral authority for a people. It would not take me long to find things about Pakistan that I can interpret to say the same thing that you did for Japan. You obviously have not been to Japan.

If Pakistan had suffered under Imperial Japan the way the Chinese, the Koreans, the Viets, the Phis, and the rest of Asia did, and if any of your family ancestral members died in defending Pakistan in anyway, I doubt that you would be so easy with your condemnation of US. But it is telling that from one side of your mouth you morally condemn US for an act in WW II but in the other side you conveniently claim moral neutrality on how the victims should feel based upon the suffering that they believed necessitated that act. Convenient that you do not know any of the survivor victims to ask them to share your condemnation.

Once again, you are justifying the deliberate murder of 200,000 civilians as proper punishment for their government's actions. The word despicable is not strong enough to describe your comments.

The insults are plenty and common. To insult US, one is quite obliged to insult our allies as well.

The insults are imaginary in your mind. I have indulged your hyperbolic insinuations long enough. You are looking for a fight, and I am really not in the mood to oblige. Perhaps some other time.

What is disingenuous here is YOUR implication that a culture must remain static in order to claim any historical legitimacy and moral authority for a people. It would not take me long to find things about Pakistan that I can interpret to say the same thing that you did for Japan. You obviously have not been to Japan.

In the same post, you justify the massacre of 200,000 civilians and then feign respect for the Japanese, claiming they are all OK with it since their elders were evil anyway and deserved to be nuked.

Don't even bother trying to lecture about cultural evolution. Your attempts to deliberately twist my words and extrapolate ridiculous imaginary insults are getting silly. If you are so desperate for a fight, stop off at a local fight club and slug it out.

Once again, you are justifying the deliberate murder of 200,000 civilians as proper punishment for their government's actions. The word despicable is not strong enough to describe your comments.
Then I am in good company with millions. But it is also telling that nothing is condemned over German civilian deaths for the actions of the Nazi government.

Then I am in good company with millions. But it is also telling that nothing is condemned over German civilian deaths for the actions of the Nazi government.

Because the topic here is China. Japan was mentioned incidentally as being relevant to China's position in Asia. Germany is not relevant to the discussion and, frankly, neither is a long detour into Japan, as I mentioned earlier.

Back
Top Bottom