What's new

60 universities in Pakistan working on robotics technology

LOL I'm doing my research in robotics, specifically reassembly robotics. There's not a single university in the sub continent outside of the IITs and IIScs that's doing robotics research worth mention.

You can make a simple robot out of an Arduino board and few actuators. That's not robotics technology worthy of uni level research.

edit: Okay that was unfair:

http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JME/article/viewFile/5359/4186

I'm using the analytical method from above to calculate workspace for my dynamically shifting reassembly robot. Is really going to revolutionize how engineering robotics is done in the future. (in my not so humble opinion).

The novel method above is far superior to the usual, calculate a million end effector positions for theta 0:0.1:2pi. Quite good for an unknown university from India.

LOL I'm doing my research in robotics, specifically reassembly robotics. There's not a single university in the sub continent outside of the IITs and IIScs that's doing robotics research worth mention.

You can make a simple robot out of an Arduino board and few actuators. That's not robotics technology worthy of uni level research.

edit: Okay that was unfair:

http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JME/article/viewFile/5359/4186

I'm using the analytical method from above to calculate workspace for my dynamically shifting reassembly robot. Is really going to revolutionize how engineering robotics is done in the future. (in my not so humble opinion).

The novel method above is far superior to the usual, calculate a million end effector positions for theta 0:0.1:2pi. Quite good for an unknown university from India.

Basically Robotics is a national game of Japan and US but its worth while to research on different fields including Robotics.

lol 60 universities in a single city?
nowhere on this globe i can imagine having 60 universities in a single city...
he actually meant that 10 to 15 Major gov university and the reaming private universities in Karachi yes only in Karachi cause its a big city bigger than your imagination guys dont go on geo showing that useless baseless bullshit things about KARACHI:pakistan:

he actually meant that 10 to 15 Major gov university and the reaming private universities in Karachi yes only in Karachi cause its a big city bigger than your imagination guys dont go geo shoeing that useless baseless bullshit things about KARACHI:pakistan:
never new karachi was such a big city...lol its as big as mumbai...

NUST CEME Military Robot "AYYAN" Prototype by CEME. Winner of "Best Engineering Design Award 2011" at NERO Pakistan.
Ayaan-Rover-Case-Revolution-FLame.jpg

This is ENGINEERING. Any university worth its salt in the world can make any of these robots.

This is NOT research.

DO YOU HAVE A COMPREHENSION PROBLEM? READ THE TITLE ON THE VIDEOS:
U.G Robotics Projects:
U.G: Under Graduate Robotics projects... Did i say anything about research in that post?

Secondly if you are interested in finding out what research Pakistan is doing just Google NUST SEECS Smart lab:
http://smart.seecs.nust.edu.pk

SurgiSOL by SMART SEECS-NUST

DO YOU HAVE A COMPREHENSION PROBLEM? READ THE TITLE ON THE VIDEOS:

U.G: Under Graduate Robotics projects... Did i say anything about research in that post?

Secondly if you are interested in finding out what research Pakistan is doing just Google NUST SEECS Smart lab:
http://smart.seecs.nust.edu.pk

All engineering undergraduates have to do a final year thesis. That is what they were doing here.

In an Australian university they would have got a maximum of a credit pass. Regurgitated and non-unique 'research' is looked down upon.

All engineering undergraduates have to do a final year thesis. That is what they were doing here.

In an Australian university they would have got a maximum of a credit pass. Regurgitated and non-unique 'research' is looked down upon.

I don't understand why it matters to you, this is for Pakistanis on this forum to know what NUST and SEECS are doing. You are starting to sound like a Braggart, so please do us all here a favor and keep the non constructive posts out of this thread.

I don't understand why it matters to you, this is for Pakistanis on this forum to know what NUST and SEECS are doing. You are starting to sound like a Braggart, so please do us all here a favor and keep the non constructive posts out of this thread.

Hey we each have things that are close to our heart.

The global robotics research fraternity is small, for many robotics is a field that has been researched to its zenith (yes, believe it or not). When I hear that 60 universities are participating in robotics work from a particularly unproductive country, it makes me think that somebody somewhere is participating in intellectual dishonesty.

And that gets me all kinds of fired up. This is MY niche of expertise in the wide wide world of research, I don't like people impinging on it's sanctity.

Back
Top Bottom