What's new

6 Rafale fighters to land in India on April 28, 4 more in May: Official

Again, unless you were flying SU-30s with the IAF on that day you have no idea what happened. SU-30s were lucky to not have been shot down (by PAF accounts one was). New BVRs on SU-30? Fully integrated yet? New ball game?

Here is some news, the "ball game" did not just involve missiles, if IAF genuinely believes one piece of equipment will change the game then they are very stupid. I personally do not think they are stupid,
You seem to latch on to one line of one post amd then get going. Have you bothered to read my other posts where I have laid down all the factors? Doesn’t seem so.

Did I say already integrated? The work is on.
PAF blinded the IAF, jammed it's comms then attacked.
Because at that time IAF didn’t have secure communications. I have accepted that this was a glaring IAF deficiency. That has been addressed and already integrated in quite a few aircraft . Not all of them yet.
If you asked any outside observer they would probably back the PAF to come out in top if we went to war again tomorrow (especially as Rafale not really fully ready and Meteor nowhere near being in service).
Meteor not in service ? I hear that it is already available with Rafale. The pilots have been under training for more than a year now and multiple exercises have been done to validate the Rafale as a package. If a similar skirmish takes place I am sure that PAF wouldn’t take your word on this and would be working to address Meteor.
The post seems more full of nationalistic pride and optimism rather than any value, other than actually making you "feel nice about it".
I have tried to bring out the areas where PAF had an edge on that fateful day, what IAF lacked and what steps have been taken to address those shortfalls.
Don’t need any certificate from someone who unilaterally things that PAF has only good and nothing bad or wrong.

I actually do feel nice about latest inductions and upgradations in the IAF. Why shouldn’t I?

You seem to latch on to one line of one post amd then get going. Have you bothered to read my other posts where I have laid down all the factors? Doesn’t seem so.

Did I say already integrated? The work is on.
Because at that time IAF didn’t have secure communications. I have accepted that this was a glaring IAF deficiency. That has been addressed and already integrated in quite a few aircraft . Not all of them yet.

Meteor not in service ? I hear that it is already available with Rafale. The pilots have been under training for more than a year now and multiple exercises have been done to validate the Rafale as a package. If a similar skirmish takes place I am sure that PAF wouldn’t take your word on this and would be working to address Meteor.

I have tried to bring out the areas where PAF had an edge on that fateful day, what IAF lacked and what steps have been taken to address those shortfalls.
Don’t need any certificate from someone who unilaterally things that PAF has only good and nothing bad or wrong.

Sorry if me picking you up on one misleading line somehow bothers you but I call it how it is.

"I hear that is is already available with Rafale"? Interesting, earlier on during this thread you said I must have some inside knowledge of what the PAF is up to (I do not) and you have no inside information on the IAF, now you indicate you do. Which one is it?? As there is absolutely no open source indication of this other then you "hearing".

Thanks

"I hear that is is already available with Rafale"? Interesting, earlier on during this thread you said I must have some inside knowledge of what the PAF is up to (I do not) and you have no inside information on the IAF, now you indicate you do. Which one is it?? As there is absolutely no open source indication of this other then you "hearing".

That’s how I heard. There are many more such open source links.
And you had no idea about it? Inspite of multiple threads and posts on PDF regarding this?

That’s how I heard. There are many more such open source links.
And you had no idea about it? Inspite of multiple threads and posts on PDF regarding this?

I know about it potentially arriving and it seems like you are back tracking, so I will remind you of the posts.

You claimed in post 58

"Meteor not in service ? I hear that it is already available with Rafale."

I called you out for BS

You post the above article as proof, but even your own article states

" will also be delivered for the Rafale fighter jets next year. "

Again, I ask you, what proof do you have of the Meteor in service that you "heard", other then an article saying it will be delivered.

Please also try and avoid diverting or backtracking again, you will only get caught out. You accused poster Zialislam of stories but you seem good at making up your own.

You claimed in post 58

"Meteor not in service ? I hear that it is already available with Rafale."

I called you out for BS

You post the above article as proof, but even your own article states

" will also be delivered for the Rafale fighter jets next year. "

Again, I ask you, what proof do you have of the Meteor in service that you "heard", other then an article saying it will be delivered.

I see that you have propensity of picking up minute details with an aim to troll.
There was a shipment of Meteor and Scalp delivered last year as brought out on another thread.

The fact that missiles have been delivered and pilots have been already trained, I expect that they would be operational. While claiming this my intention was not to sensationalise the issue but just to bring it out as a capability of Rafale.

I didn’t realise that people like you would latch on to one aspect and start trolling rather than seeing my post in entirety.

The fact remains that if F-16s couldn’t bring down a SU-30 yesterday when there were deficiencies, just forget about it today when better BVRs have been integrated with SDRs.
By all reports focus is also on Cyber warfare, AI combined with EW and stealth/counter stealth.
Time to address BS that you have been peddling.
AI and stealth? Which stealth are you taking about here? The one that is not even in the drawing board? One PAF chief uses the word AI and you have already jammed and disabled everything that IAF has?

PAF was able to jam open radio channels. That has been addressed by inducting SDRs. Keep your jamming story in your pocket now, it’s not going to work anymore.

Last edited:
Can you read? Was AIM 120 the criteria? Or a platform that met other QRs too.

Is any of the aircraft you have quoted is as capable as Rafale?
You have F-16 with AIm-120 now. Will it be able to match Rafale?

SU-30s were outraged by F-16s on that day. But F-16s weren’t able to shoot down any SU-30. With new BVRs that have been integrated into SU-30 it would be a different ball game.

Keep your commision story to yourself. Only value it has is that you would feel nice about it. Nothing more.
Lol
So gripen f16 f18 and typhoon were too inferior in 2005?
Your enemey is procuring 100+ advance fighters (initially deal was 55+ 44 aircarft later droped to 18+44) and IAF response is nothing

So gripen f16 f18 and typhoon were too inferior in 2005?
Procurement doesn’t happen over a forum. QRs were laid down. All the contenders were tested by highly qualified test pilots. Everything was put on comparison charts before the decision was taken.
And yes Rafale came on top.

Unlike in Pakistan’s case IAF doesn’t has as much pull as in military controlled Pakistan.
Not a happy situation but it’s a fact.

I see that you have propensity of picking up minute details with an aim to troll.
There was a shipment of Meteor and Scalp delivered last year as brought out on another thread.

The fact that missiles have been delivered and pilots have been already trained, I expect that they would be operational. While claiming this my intention was not to sensationalise the issue but just to bring it out as a capability of Rafale.

I didn’t realise that people like you would latch on to one aspect and start trolling rather than seeing my post in entirety.

The fact remains that if F-16s couldn’t bring down a SU-30 yesterday when there were deficiencies, just forget about it today when better BVRs have been integrated with SDRs.

Time to address BS that you have been peddling.
AI and stealth? Which stealth are you taking about here? The one that is not even in the drawing board? One PAF chief uses the word AI and you have already jammed and disabled everything that IAF has?

PAF was able to jam open radio channels. That has been addressed by inducting SDRs. Keep your jamming story in your pocket now, it’s not going to work anymore.

You have been caught out Bulls**ting on this forum, rather then apologise you really want to stretch this out? Fine.

You claim I am trolling by *checks notes* reading your link and questioning you about it???????

As "evidence" of the Meteor delivery you provide a link to.....another PDF thread!??????

France only successfully integrated Meteor on the Rafale about two weeks ago, but in fantasy 56 inch land you have us believe India has done this already, before France????????

Do you really want me to go on now or have you had enough?

Procurement doesn’t happen over a forum. QRs were laid down. All the contenders were tested by highly qualified test pilots. Everything was put on comparison charts before the decision was taken.

Unlike in Pakistan’s case IAF doesn’t has as much pull as in military controlled Pakistan.

I am wondering why Rafale was chosen over Eurofighter?

If India wanted the best air to air fighter than EFT is the choice - it was irrelevant that the Rafale was ahead in terms of electronics and radar when the evaluation was done as the EFT was only a few years behind in terms of getting the AESA radar and upgraded electronics.

If India made a deal with the UK, it could have started off with the Mk 0 radar in 2020 and any deal for 2nd batches would have got India the even more advanced Mk 2 radar that is currently in development and scheduled for service in 2025.

You have been caught out Bulls**ting on this forum, rather then apologise you really want to stretch this out? Fine.

You claim I am trolling by *checks notes* reading your link and questioning you about it???????

As "evidence" of the Meteor delivery you provide a link to.....another PDF thread!??????

France only successfully integrated Meteor on the Rafale about two weeks ago, but in fantasy 56 inch land you have us believe India has done this already, before France????????

Do you really want me to go on now or have you had enough?
You really are a very small person.
You have latched on to one very small detail in a post and made it a matter of life and death for you.
Suddenly 56” has appeared in your post.

I know which direction you want to take this thread. And that is nowhere.

PDF has people like you as a curse where nothing remains a normal discussion. Everything turns into a troll test.

Integration of Meteor has become the sole focus for you and claim that whatever I said was a BS.

I have no intentions of entertaining low IQ and small minded people like you.
Here you go into my ignore list.
I am wondering why Rafale was chosen over Eurofighter?
I guess EF has quite a few countries as partners. There were some concerns due to that. I don’t recall now but there were some issues with support and operating costs too.

Britain didn’t have all the say in deciding the deal since multiple countries are involved in the program. Whether radar tech or other tech transfer was asked for is not known. In AESA tech, I think Rafale is better than EF.
Anyways, that’s water under the bridge now. As they say” hindsight is always more prudent”.
Rafale it is now.

Last edited:
You really are a very small person.
You have latched on to one very small detail in a post and made it a matter of life and death for you.
Suddenly 56” has appeared in your post.

I know which direction you want to take this thread. And that is nowhere.

PDF has people like you as a curse where nothing remains a normal discussion. Everything turns into a troll test.

Integration of Meteor has become the sole focus for you and claim that whatever I said was a BS.

I have no intentions of entertaining low IQ and small minded people like you.
Here you go into my ignore list.

I guess EF has quite a few countries as partners. There were some concerns due to that. I don’t recall now but there were some issues with support and operating costs too.

Ritalin didn’t have all the say in deciding the deal due to multiple countries involved in the program. Whether radar tech or other tech transfer was asked for is not known. In AESA tech, I think Rafale is better than EF.
Anyways, that’s water under the bridge now. As they say” hindsight is always more prudent”.
Rafale it is now.

No, throughout our whole discussion I have focused clearly on your single claim, despite you posting long responses and changing subject. So for the record

You clearly stated in post 58

" "Meteor not in service ? I hear that it is already available with Rafale."

When indeed the only ever first test firing of Meteor happened in France two weeks ago on Rafale. No Meteors are in service with Rafale with any nation, not even France, yet you are upset forum members call you out on this?

You have been caught spreading BS and now, red faced, you do not want to debate anymore and resort to questioning my IQ? Rather then question the fact of how Meteor can be fitted on IAF planes when it was only tested on Rafale by MBDA 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!????????

Now you are running away?

Well whats point of procurement that takes 15yrs
Hence except in india, IAF became a laughing stock...infront of PAF

Same is with AWECs and so on

Now infront of china well...

I agree with you on AEWC being a force multiplier. I guess IAF was harping on it and was promised adequate numbers by the DRDO. Which didn’t materialise.

Fighter acquisition was a different and parallel program. Congress governments kept sleeping over it till the state reached where it is now.

As far as money goes, India is not rich but has enough money for few AEW&C aircraft. So it was not money but lack of commitment by the powers that be.

Thing is from an outsider perspective it does not make sense when you look at the size of airspace IAF has to defend, their whole philosophy was based on offensive doctrine. That is now dud in water pre 26 Feb. So when I look at a professional air force that has put all its eggs in one basket I question the professionalism.

Well whats point of procurement that takes 15yrs
Hence except in india, IAF became a laughing stock...infront of PAF

Same is with AWECs and so on

Now infront of china well...
Laughing stock on PDF yes. Keep laughing.

Thing is from an outsider perspective it does not make sense when you look at the size of airspace IAF has to defend, their whole philosophy was based on offensive doctrine. That is now dud in water pre 26 Feb. So when I look at a professional air force that has put all its eggs in one basket I question the professionalism.
Could you please clarify what you mean by all eggs in one basket?

26 Feb has had enough discussion on various threads. I wouldn’t get into it lest I be labelled as derailing the thread.

Indian strike on Balakot was to display a change in mindset and approach to Pakistan supported insurgency. Nothing is dead in water anywhere. Any repeat incident similar to Pulwama would display that to everyone.

I do agree and have said it earlier too, that number of AEWC aircraft is highly inadequate for the airspace that India has to defend. Same goes for number of fighters. I have listed few others in my previous posts.

Back
Top Bottom