What's new

6 Policemen gunned downed in karachi.

Assault Rifle

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Seven including 6 policemen gunned down in Karachi
Last Updated On 03 August,2013 About 53 minutes ago Save Policemen were patrolling the area when their mobile van came under attack.

KARACHI (Dunya News) - At least seven people including six policemen were shot dead in different areas of Karachi on Saturday.

Unknown gunmen riding on motorbikes attacked a police mobile near the bridge linking Shah Faisal colony area of the city with Korangi Industrial Area.

Resultantly, three cops were killed on the spot whereas another policeman succumbed to his injuries at Jinnah Hospital.

The deceased policemen were identified as Zulfiqar, Afza and Ghulam Shabbir. The injured policeman, who later succumbed to his injuries, was identified as Sarwar.

According to police, at least six attackers surrounded the police mobile and opened indiscriminate firing. Later, they managed to escape towards Malir Nadi afer the attack.

On the other hand, Governor Sindh Dr Ishratul Ibad Khan condemned the incident and sought a report over it from the Inspector General of Sindh police within 48 hours.

Moreover, another policeman was killed in a shooting incident in Manghopir area of the metropolis.

Gul Khan, 60, was deputed with the Kharadar SHO when they engaged with armed assailants near the paper market. In the ensuing exchange of fire, Khan suffered a fatal wound.

Separately, a person identified as Syed Mazhar was gunned down on Abul Hassan Isfahani road.

Thousands of people have died so far in Karachi since 2008, as sectarian, political and ethnic based violence is going unchecked.

Government, police and Rangers are unable to make any reliable strategy and fail to take stern actions for combating crime and terrorism, especially target killings.

In Karachi alone, about 1,800 people have become victim of targeted killings and sectarian violence during the last six months, whereas, in the previous year this figure was 1,205 during the same period of time.

As per Human Right Commission of Pakistan and media reports, 291 people were killed in January, 271 in February, 311 in March, 262 in April, 278 in May and 313 in June

Dunya News: Pakistan:-Seven including 6 policemen gunned down in Karachi...

so killers are just criminals or associated with some militant group??

so killers are just criminals or associated with some militant group??

I would be surprised if common criminals would just ambush the security forces like this. Their first impulse is to avoid an encounter. Could be TTP which is fast spreading in that neck of woods

Karachi is not TTP Stronghold . Someone else is involved .

Anyways RIP .

@OP my signature is for likes of you, p.s indians are not allowed to post social news

R.I.P

@OP my signature is for likes of you, p.s indians are not allowed to post social news

R.I.P

6 policemen killed is social news ?? :huh:

btw, you need to run a spell check on your signature :azn:

As though Pakistan doesnt have Sepertists, communal violence, rapes and widespread poverty

Exactly. Thats why I say to Indians dont look at Pakistan when your own house is out of wack

As though Pakistan doesnt have Sepertists, communal violence, rapes and widespread poverty

Yes, infact more happens in Pakistan, bharoti friends do not need to worry about us :)

Back
Top Bottom