What's new

5 Things a newbie needs to know about PDF.

Mr.Wick

Reaction score
Country
India
There are a few things a newbie needs to know about PDF.I have been in touch with this site since January 2011 but joined it in August 2011.In this brief period what I have noticed about PDF and what kiddies should know about it to really get the things going here are put under a nutshell:

Who is a newbie in here?
Anyone who feels that he knows more than other members is in my view a proper newbie.

1. If you joined PDF to show your great intellectual knowledge of Defence, then this is the right place for you.But dont get overwhelmingly excited and never forget that there are guys who have been doing this thing all throughout their life and are here to kick your B U T T S.
Remember: You are not an omniscient.Learning is a never ending phenomenon.

2. Get your facts right: The first and the foremost thing to post a suitable reply to a thread is that either you need to know sufficiently enough to argue or google the s h i t outta that topic so that your reply makes sense to the geek lords.
Remember: There's no harm in asking a question if there's a doubt.It might p i s s off some members. But who cares!

3. Refrain from trolling: I know its real tough to keep yourself away from trolling but that's the mantra of a good repute. Yeah! its your reputation on other god members that determines whether your stay here is gonna be awesome or pathetic like C R A P.

4. Whippersnapper? Want more Thanks?
Then you should either be a demo in trolling or a demon in posting! Remember a member having more 'Thanks received' might not be as comprehending and enlightened as you might have assumed.So, do not go in for getting thanks you could well find yourself in between a troll war.

5. Giving thanks would not make you look like a D O R K.
Extolling a good presentation or a post is rather the most ignored part.Be a good human and appreciate others. But apprising a troll is as good as trolling themselves.

P.S.-PDF does not stand for Portable Document Format its Pakistan Defence Forum!
I am short of friends here.Please do send me requests.

Best of Luck to neophytes(including me).I wish your stay here is enthrallingly resplendent.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Note: The views put here are writers' own personal believes, if anyone has felt vexed or miffed, there's nothing I can do.

On Public Demand:
Over Aggrandizing or Glorifying your Patriotism here might earn you the PINK badge a.k.a a BAN.

Good thread Swet and reasonable points, i hope new members can learn a thing or two from your thread.

well done !

Bash India to get thanks from pakistanis.

Bash china to get thanks from Indians.

Get Chinese flags to receive even more thanks from pakistanis.

Not really!!!!
Some members might follow this logic but mostly i have seen, it depends on the post quality.

never thanked any chinese member, except for Houshangai who posts pics of the thunder and J-10 from China and Chengdu.

do you know what he did?

It is mine and his problem, stop poking your nose everywhere.

Another thread successfully derailed by you Bharati.

Good thread Swet and reasonable points, i hope new members can learn a thing or two from your thread.

well done !

Thank you for your appreciation. I hope others would like it too....

Bash you are getting a thanks from me!

Also, to not get instant ban, don't talk anything about Islam, even if quoting from Islamic scriptures.

bash Mech to get thanks from me.

Back
Top Bottom