What's new

3 US troops killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan, NATO says

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three American soldiers were killed Tuesday in a roadside explosion in southern Afghanistan, according to NATO.
The soldiers were in a vehicle on patrol in the Zhari district of the Kandahar province when they were killed, said NATO spokesman Col. Thomas Collins. The spiritual heartland of the Taliban, Kandahar is one of the most volatile regions in Afghanistan. Several service members were also wounded, although the extent of their injuries was not immediately known.
A NATO spokesman initially said four US service members were killed in the bombing, but the death toll has since been revised to three.
Earlier Tuesday, a suicide bomber targeted U.S. special forces north of the Afghan capital, but there were no casualties among the troops.
Maj. Bryan Woods, a spokesman for the international alliance, says the bomber and insurgents armed with small caliber weapons attacked a Special Operation Forces convoy as it was returning to base in the northern Kapisa province on Monday.
Qais Qadri, spokesman for the Kapisa governor, said one civilian was killed in the incident.
Woods said he could not confirm the death but said the special forces returned safely to their base "after engaging the enemy."
Attacks by Taliban insurgents have increased in recent months as the fighting season moves into high gear. It has been a bloody couple of days for international forces in Afghanistan, with three Georgian soldiers killed Monday when a powerful truck bomb exploded at the gate of their outpost in neighboring Helmand province. Also Monday, in northern Kapisa province, a suicide bomber hit a U.S. Special Operation Forces convoy. There were no cas

Read more: 3 US troops killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan, NATO says | Fox News

3 More Nato Soldiers have died today

And what can you tell us about nearly 40 civilians who were badly injured and 6 civilians killed(including 3-4 children). You must be happy about your hero(the bloody bomber) who is burning in hell now.

My friend witnessed the incident of today's Kabul blast which injured dozens of civilians and killed 6 American advisers, he said it was a suicide attack by a dark-skinned suspected person who was driving a car. Investigation is going on into the incident in order to identify the nationality of the bomber, according to officials.
Reports by Afghan media say, Hezbe-Islami terrorist, Gulbudin Hekmatyar claimed responsibility for today Kabul attack.

R.I.P

KABUL: The Hezb-i-Islami insurgent group on Thursday claimed responsibility for a suicide car bomb targeting a Nato military convoy in the Afghan capital Kabul that killed six civilians and injured dozens more.

“Our comrades carried out this attack. We take responsibility. Ten foreigners were killed and two of their vehicles were destroyed,” Zubair Sediqi, the Hezb-i-

Hezb-i-Islami claim Kabul suicide attack

Islami spokesman, told AFP by telephone.

Nato declined to comment on reports of foreign casualties.

Government officials said six bystanders died in the explosion in the Shah Shaheed residential district in the southeast of Kabul, while 37 others were wounded.

One Nato sports utility vehicle was completely destroyed in the blast and surrounding streets were cordoned off as US troops arrived at the scene.

Schoolgirls fled the area in tears as the clean-up operation began.

“At around 8:00 am (0330 GMT) this morning, terrorists detonated an explosives-packed (Toyota) Corolla car near a convoy of foreign forces,” Hashmat Stanikzai, the Kabul police spokesman, told AFP.

Afghan health ministry official Sayed Kabir Amiri said local hospitals confirmed six people had died and 37 were wounded, all of them civilians.

“Some of the bodies are badly damaged and can’t be identified,” he added.

Lieutenant Quenton Roehricht, a spokesman for Nato’s US-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf), confirmed a coalition vehicles had been targeted in Kabul and said further information would be released shortly.

“I was at home when I heard a terrible explosion and our whole building shook,” Mustafa, a young local man, told AFP.

“All our windows are shattered. I rushed outside to bring my little brothers and sisters from school. I saw five or six people covered in blood who were being taken away in police vehicles.”

Police added that at least 10 houses had been severely damaged.

It was the first major attack in Kabul since March 9 when a suicide bomber on a bicycle killed nine people outside the defence ministry during a visit by US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel.

It comes just weeks after the Taliban launched their annual “spring offensive” on April 27, opening a crucial period for Afghanistan as local security forces take the lead in offensives against the insurgents.

The Islamist militants said multiple suicide bombings, “insider attacks” by Afghan soldiers and “special military tactics” would target international airbases and diplomatic buildings to inflict maximum casualties.

All Nato combat missions will finish by the end of next year and the 100,000 foreign troops deployed across Afghanistan have already begun to withdraw from the battlefield.

More than 11 years after the Taliban regime was ousted in 2001, efforts to seek a political settlement ending the violence have so far made little progress, but pressure is growing ahead of the Nato withdrawal.

In the most recent Nato casualties, a roadside bomb killed three US soldiers in the volatile province of Kandahar on Tuesday.

Three Georgian soldiers were killed in neighbouring Helmand province on Monday when a suicide bomber detonated a vehicle laden with explosives.

Hezb-i-Islami claim Kabul suicide attack | World | DAWN.COM

And what can you tell us about nearly 40 civilians who were badly injured and 6 civilians killed(including 3-4 children). You must be happy about your hero(the bloody bomber) who is burning in hell now.

they should try to avoid civilians casualties and by the way its compulsory on every Muslim in Afghanistan and out to hunt these American occupiers

they should try to avoid civilians casualties and by the way its compulsory on every Muslim in Afghanistan and out to hunt these American occupiers

Start from your own country, you can do as much explosion and killing as you want, best of luck with it, but leave us alone.

Start from your own country, you can do as much explosion and killing as you want, best of luck with it, but leave us alone.

sorry sir where ever kafirs will attack Muslim land and capture they will be hunted don't know about you but majority Muslims love Islam and know hhow to fight and defend it

sorry sir where ever kafirs will attack Muslim land and capture they will be hunted don't know about you but majority Muslims love Islam and know hhow to fight and defend it

Thats what i mean, start from Pakistan, will you?

Back
Top Bottom