What's new

3 out of 10 Terrorists Killed by Indian Police (after Pakistan Tip off)

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India kills three of 10 ‘terrorists’ after Pakistan tip-off
NEW DELHI: Indian security forces have killed three of 10 alleged terrorists that were tipped off by Pakistan, reports said on Wednesday.

The Hindu quoted a top home ministry official as saying that National Security Adviser of Pakistan Naseer Khan Janjua’s inputs over alleged infiltration of terrorists were correct. He said that three of the 10 terrorists were “neutralised” three days ago but gave no details.

India kills three of 10 ‘terrorists’ after Pakistan tip-off - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

few days ago there was a "heart-felt" thread created by a patriot who say spy behind every "Pakistani" tree and he gave his patriotic reasoning to it.
thinking our readers deserved better I gave a semi-counter narrative and gave excuses for myself and him too,

it seems that we Pakistanis can feel vindicated now for alarming India but hey we know our Indian neighbours will never disappoint us.. they will still use this new development against us and will spin our cooperation as something negative.

link to my post which was largely missed out

The title doesn’t qualify for the word news but patriotic opinion will be more appropriate. When you are presented with a word “real story” in a title then you expect some credible proof with facts from reliable sources.

There is nothing wrong with the conjuncture as a matter of argument only thing to watch out is for innocent patriotism and historical misgiving (read hatred) for Pakistan, again, nothing wrong with that opinion since this point of view is based on what side of the border you or your parents are born in the Indo-Pak region.

Now, talking about the subject matter .. let me put few things in perspective while discussing or analysing the arguments

Rule 101 of Actionable intelligence is to get confirmation from 2 independent sources. Example can be your SIGINT and/ or Spatial Intelligence (one through data traffic on airwaves & internet other through video surveillance & on ground intelligence.

· The intelligence program with counter terrorism perspective runs on leads and alerts some of them turn out to actionable intelligence and some don’t.

· The leads depend on how they are flagged and how much importance they are given.

· The threat levels in west are raised and lowered based on alerts from domestic and foreign agencies with mixed results.

Now let me have my say from both sides.

The threat alert might have been a false alarm which (may) be intentional on Pakistani side to divert attention? (from what? Its subjective and limited only to your imagination) or just over caution and over work due to pressure from America to ensure support from Pakistan in preventing Mombai style attacks.

The threat maybe still valid and the terrorist might have gone dormant or Indians have caught them and keeping them for the correct time to bring to public for maximum advantage.

I am not going to comment on rhetoric in the opening post and the follow uip reactionary posts. They are laughable and innocent . you morons read some fiction watch some movies and sensationalised documentary with thumping music and decide you know the spycraft. Apologies for bad mouthing you but guys… its not just about Indo-Pak mutual hostility and suspicions .. you are scolding Pakistan for the waste of time and effort because you 2 are hostile countries and have bag load of “reasons” to justify your mutual venom for each other.

But when your gas levels recede a bit then read though how western governments react after major terror attacks that defeat their intelligence agencies .. they blame each other for ignoring the leads or clear red flags then blames are traded etc and in the same token people and politicians bicker about waste of time and hassle on airports after nothing happens despite the terror alert but when there are successes then mostly the foreign support is either never mentioned or gets a cursory mention which is conveniently ignored by the media. Examples are Pak-UK support which has resulted in both successes and failures .. some threats were prevented through mutual support inside Pakistan and UK and both chose to omit the mention of each other due to political reasons.

(Pakistan doesn’t want to appear to be helping infidels and capturing innocent throat slitting wahbified cannibals and UK doesn’t want to appear impotent needing help from a third word country in apprehending some British born Pakistani origin youths who plan to try r@pe and cannibalism in Syria.

The silver lining here is that nothing bad has happened now so be grateful and its weekend as well.
Source: 10 terrorists entering India: The real story behind the alert from Pakistan | Page 6

India kills three of 10 ‘terrorists’ after Pakistan tip-off
NEW DELHI: Indian security forces have killed three of 10 alleged terrorists that were tipped off by Pakistan, reports said on Wednesday.

The Hindu quoted a top home ministry official as saying that National Security Adviser of Pakistan Naseer Khan Janjua’s inputs over alleged infiltration of terrorists were correct. He said that three of the 10 terrorists were “neutralised” three days ago but gave no details.

India kills three of 10 ‘terrorists’ after Pakistan tip-off - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

few days ago there was a "heart-felt" thread created by a patriot who say spy behind every "Pakistani" tree and he gave his patriotic reasoning to it.
thinking our readers deserved better I gave a semi-counter narrative and gave excuses for myself and him too,

it seems that we Pakistanis can feel vindicated now for alarming India but hey we know our Indian neighbours will never disappoint us.. they will still use this new development against us and will spin our cooperation as something negative.

link to my post which was largely missed out

Source: 10 terrorists entering India: The real story behind the alert from Pakistan | Page 6
The chequered history of Pakistan with respect to sponsoring terrorism and terrorists across South Asia mean that any Pakistani action will be looked at multiple times before any words are believed.

You would be foolish to think that anyone will suddenly start taking Pakistan for its words or believing that Pakistan wishes to act against terrorists who target other countries(as opposed to those who target Pakistan) after giving them state patronage for decades.

It will take a massive amount of time for Pakistan to generate that kind of trust and goodwill after all that it has done. The fact that you think Pakistan's words should be accepted 'as is' shows that you presume the rest of the lot as fools.

Well You are being selective, and i dont think i can complain about it........ We all know how much we trust each other, and we all know the kind of media and our share of morons in both sides of the border.....

But those who works on the apparatus or those who have detailed understanding on this issue would always appreciate such inputs, But what i see is lot of secrecy behind this operation,and from what ever article i read, there is hardly anything i could find..... They are not confirming that the 3 killed are from pakistan.... I think we can attribute all this to the 7 remaining terrorist, and May be a detailed official communication can be expected when the 7 reaches the unmarked graves.... Believe me if this news is right, then there will be an appreciation from GoI, and GoI will duly acknowledge it.......

Let us not forget this is the first time (acknowledge by both nations) such exchanges are heard (if there is something which i am not aware then please tell me)....... and with the kind of relationship we will take it with a pinch of salt.......This can be viewed in different ways based on one's thought process, and thinking....

I welcomed it in the thread which was opened on the news of this exchange

I thought conveying such information is not easy...... You are telling the arch rival that there are "10 Terrorists" who has crossed over from my country to your country...... By saying so, you are indirectly acknowledging the presence of a network which is working to create terrorists to target India..... It takes lot of guts to do it.....

Now One can not say that this was a civilian govt decision, and ISI/PA was not on board....... The NSA himself was their ex collegue and I do not think he will do something this big with out the consent of ISI or PA.....

@Irfan Baloch How about merging the 3 threads on this subject, The original one, the one you quoted in this thread and the one based on OP, As per the report they agencies have tracked the 7 remaining guys and may be when we get an info this can also be added to the thread.....

The chequered history of Pakistan with respect to sponsoring terrorism and terrorists across South Asia mean that any Pakistani action will be looked at multiple times before any words are believed.

You would be foolish to think that anyone will suddenly start taking Pakistan for its words or believing that Pakistan wishes to act against terrorists who target other countries(as opposed to those who target Pakistan) after giving them state patronage for decades.

It will take a massive amount of time for Pakistan to generate that kind of trust and goodwill after all that it has done. The fact that you think Pakistan's words should be accepted 'as is' shows that you presume the rest of the lot as fools.
thanks for your clarification, saves us from having to listen to Indian home minster's weekly rant.
we will sleep well tonight knowing where we stand in the Indian confidence ladder.

;)

As your obsession is at all time high, you typed Pakistan instead of India.
LOL

he will make good home ministry spokesman

@Irfan Baloch How about merging the 3 threads on this subject, The original one, the one you quoted in this thread and the one based on OP, As per the report they agencies have tracked the 7 remaining guys and may be when we get an info this can also be added to the thread.....
I will wait till today to see how India reacts. I mean the official spokesman. there maybe more threads
some in my opinion should remain independent as they are more like a point of view and some are based on news like this one and the reaction.
but if they become one to may then I will see if I can merge them.

I will wait till today to see how India reacts. I mean the official spokesman. there maybe more threads
some in my opinion should remain independent as they are more like a point of view and some are based on news like this one and the reaction.

Do not expect any official reaction from GoI yet...... Let us not forget there are 7 at large, and the priority is to get them first and then you can expect an official reply on this..... Till then we will have to live with this

I don't get you Pakistani's? What do you expect a gold medal? I mean seriously. This is if it is in fact true, is a great FIRST STEP. Let's keep the momentum going and see how far we can accomplish together.

PS It doesn't help when Hurriyat and other terror groups are training terrorists on your soil openly. Plz do something about that. Then you won't need to tip us off anymore, since no terrorists would be entering India from your soil.

Do not expect any official reaction from GoI yet...... Let us not forget there are 7 at large, and the priority is to get them first and then you can expect an official reply on this..... Till then we will have to live with this
After loosing 3 u may expect the rest to speedup their activities. Your authorities need to move FAST.

Well You are being selective, and i dont think i can complain about it........ We all know how much we trust each other, and we all know the kind of media and our share of morons in both sides of the border.....

Before I respond to your observations, first I will thank for your time & commenting on my thread.

Yes I am being selective with a Pakistani perspective. But you are welcome to make a counter argument or complain about it. It is a public forum after all.

As for trust, that’s a subjective and elusive commodity especially in the intelligence community. I can go at length to explain how even the friendliest and closest of countries “DON’T trust each other and hide things from each other but it will take us off topic and some “genius” will pick one sentence from my post and screw the hell out of the entire thread.

That said, we have a great alternative. its called “acknowledgement” it does wonders and has worked just fine among Pakistani and western agencies, with China and Russia and even India (although never openly admitted). As per the words of Gen Durrani (ex ISI chief) we work with foreign agencies but that doesn’t mean we trust them but we have some common interests even for a time being.. Likewise we keep links and open channels with groups like BLA or Taliban, again it doesn’t mean we agree with them but in order to reach an accord or reconciliation we need to keep that door open.

But those who works on the apparatus or those who have detailed understanding on this issue would always appreciate such inputs, But what i see is lot of secrecy behind this operation,and from what ever article i read, there is hardly anything i could find..... They are not confirming that the 3 killed are from pakistan.... I think we can attribute all this to the 7 remaining terrorist, and May be a detailed official communication can be expected when the 7 reaches the unmarked graves.... Believe me if this news is right, then there will be an appreciation from GoI, and GoI will duly acknowledge it.......

I agree and you said pretty much already what I said above in my response to your first quoted paragraph. The decision to make an accruement by government depends on 2 things political mileage or operational advantage. First one is purely cosmetic and second one is more practical. First one can be to gain public approval and confidence on the job well done or to lambast at “hostile country” for its attempts.

Let us not forget this is the first time (acknowledge by both nations) such exchanges are heard (if there is something which i am not aware then please tell me)....... and with the kind of relationship we will take it with a pinch of salt.......This can be viewed in different ways based on one's thought process, and thinking....

I welcomed it in the thread which was opened on the news of this exchange.

I sometimes throw few terms or explain few terms of counterterrorism (I learned) to see if there is an audience around to appreciate it and engage me on that subject of interest.. 9 out of 10 times such posts go unnoticed and bulk of our community here would rather be indulging in the mind numbing dik wars.

What I can tell you is like our DGMO hotlines, there are other unofficial channels open where information is shared. Since 911 attacks and American interest in the region specially after involvement of Pakistan in WoT, it was deemed essential to normalize relations with India and key to that was to resolve all outstanding issues, we found it more pressing and beneficial for us than India who has mostly chosen to dismiss any efforts and have a more aggressive attitude and its press also supports the approach from Sir Creek to Siachin or else it can be labelled “prestitute” or “Sickular” (a term coined by the Born again Hindu web warriors on social media).

Regardless of how India “uses” the situation to its advantage my view is to continue with this cooperation because even if India chooses not to see the mutual benefit.

I thought conveying such information is not easy...... You are telling the arch rival that there are "10 Terrorists" who has crossed over from my country to your country...... By saying so, you are indirectly acknowledging the presence of a network which is working to create terrorists to target India..... It takes lot of guts to do it.....

Now One can not say that this was a civilian govt decision, and ISI/PA was not on board....... The NSA himself was their ex collegue and I do not think he will do something this big with out the consent of ISI or PA.....

Such matters are discussed with a very prudent and objective view. The risk is always there how something like this will be used against you. When this information was passed on then I am sure USA was definitely onboard.

If it was about opening a new business partnership somewhere in India between some Indian billionaire and the sheriffs family then yes it would have been a government decision but security matters and foreign affairs are delegated to GHQ so yes you are correct .. it wasn’t PM Nawaz calling home minster about the terrorists.

Finally. If the things work out well in the end for India then India will take the entire credit for it but if it doesn’t then Pakistan can be blamed for inaccurate or missing information or “confessing” to the fact that its territory is used by terrorists against India. A similar “confession” was made by Afghan ambassador to Pakistan who said that his government has no writ in areas where TTP leadership is residing.

Yes I am being selective with a Pakistani perspective. But you are welcome to make a counter argument or complain about it. It is a public forum after all.

I said i cant complain about it, and I also understand the reason for being selective. You will also agree that I look from a Indian perspective......there is nothing to complain, probably we both are looking at the same thing from 2 different angles....
As for trust, that’s a subjective and elusive commodity especially in the intelligence community. I can go at length to explain how even the friendliest and closest of countries “DON’T trust each other and hide things from each other but it will take us off topic and some “genius” will pick one sentence from my post and screw the hell out of the entire thread.

I agree with you here, The intelligence community wont even trust their own comrades, so trusting a different country is "Door ki baath"....I also agree how part of posts are picked up and discussed and eventually derailing the thread..... Have gone thru it...

That said, we have a great alternative. its called “acknowledgement” it does wonders and has worked just fine among Pakistani and western agencies, with China and Russia and even India (although never openly admitted). As per the words of Gen Durrani (ex ISI chief) we work with foreign agencies but that doesn’t mean we trust them but we have some common interests even for a time being.. Likewise we keep links and open channels with groups like BLA or Taliban, again it doesn’t mean we agree with them but in order to reach an accord or reconciliation we need to keep that door open.

I agree, I remember listening to a RAW chief who said something like, we do talk to each other ( i mean with Pakistani agencies)....I guess there was a rumor of India providing intel on a likely assassination attempt on Mushraff, though no one acknowledged it, but no one rejected it either. That itself is a confirmation if you ask me....

I agree and you said pretty much already what I said above in my response to your first quoted paragraph. The decision to make an accruement by government depends on 2 things political mileage or operational advantage. First one is purely cosmetic and second one is more practical. First one can be to gain public approval and confidence on the job well done or to lambast at “hostile country” for its attempts.

Though by outlook this govt was supposed to more hostile than the previous one, or most of us was made to believe so...... But in reality i see this govt investing a lot in improving relationship with Pakistan......When was the last time an Indian PM visited Pakistan???? and How many times secret meetings were conducted by NSA's in a third country??? When i look at it This govt approach or they are more pro peace than the previous one, i mean in practical terms...... I guess we can see the results.... .When was the last time there was a firing on LOC???? In last 6 months how many firings happened on LOC??? There was a high level attack on Pathankot and I would say the response from govt was pretty good.... There was no blame game, if not that the extend of blame game was probably the lowest..... I agree there are few hawkish guys who does talk little wild, but then overall the govt was pro peace.... So I believe there will be an acknowledgement from GOI..... and To be honest every govt need public support for any thing to do with Pakistan, If this info is correct and govt managed to kill 10 terrorists based on it, Govt can use this incident as a tool and drive further on peace process, and Public perception would slowly start changing (though it will take several such info).... While i type this post, i just saw a news of RSS supporting peace process..... If they are on board, then the only guys left is Shiv sena and other vanara senas who are insignificant as of now.....

I sometimes throw few terms or explain few terms of counterterrorism (I learned) to see if there is an audience around to appreciate it and engage me on that subject of interest.. 9 out of 10 times such posts go unnoticed and bulk of our community here would rather be indulging in the mind numbing dik wars.

I agree, but i would love to have a conversation with my limited knowledge (layman ) or may be i can learn something from you.....

What I can tell you is like our DGMO hotlines, there are other unofficial channels open where information is shared. Since 911 attacks and American interest in the region specially after involvement of Pakistan in WoT, it was deemed essential to normalize relations with India and key to that was to resolve all outstanding issues, we found it more pressing and beneficial for us than India who has mostly chosen to dismiss any efforts and have a more aggressive attitude and its press also supports the approach from Sir Creek to Siachin or else it can be labelled “prestitute” or “Sickular” (a term coined by the Born again Hindu web warriors on social media).

US is going to be the Key on the other unofficial channels, from what i learnt from different articles, several such messages are conveyed thru american agencies who keep a decent relationship between their counterparts in our respective countries.....I do not know if RAW will be ready to share info on anything in Pakistan due to the risk of exposing the channels..... But over a period of time if such exchanges are done regularly, things would change for good..... let us not forget both the agencies are designed and trained to screw each other.....

Now those "Sickular" and "Presstitues" Well I agree this is a new term invented recently and has been used widely, and I also have been on the receiving end along with others for being a secular......I would like to say more on it, but that would turn this thread into a different direction.....

Regardless of how India “uses” the situation to its advantage my view is to continue with this cooperation because even if India chooses not to see the mutual benefit.

I dont think India would want to stop such cooperation, because end of the day it is India which is getting benefited...... So this is going to continue....

Finally. If the things work out well in the end for India then India will take the entire credit for it but if it doesn’t then Pakistan can be blamed for inaccurate or missing information or “confessing” to the fact that its territory is used by terrorists against India.

I do not think that is the case here, if it was then this 3 terrorist news would not have been released, let us not forget no one knows where they were killed and what ever infomation provided is only from Govt sources, If govt wanted to hide and take credit, no one could stop them..... But I dont think they will do it here......

and Pakistanis are the saint of this World. wanna reality check, ask your country mates how they are treated at international airports when they flash their Pakistani passport...immigration officers keep their panic button handy while dealing pakistani passport holders

See how you guys are ridiculed over net on your extremism ..

Indians obssession with Pakistan is priceless, thats Indian owned site what a surpprise.

I said i cant complain about it, and I also understand the reason for being selective. You will also agree that I look from a Indian perspective......there is nothing to complain, probably we both are looking at the same thing from 2 different angles....

I agree with you here, The intelligence community wont even trust their own comrades, so trusting a different country is "Door ki baath"....I also agree how part of posts are picked up and discussed and eventually derailing the thread..... Have gone thru it...

I agree, I remember listening to a RAW chief who said something like, we do talk to each other ( i mean with Pakistani agencies)....I guess there was a rumor of India providing intel on a likely assassination attempt on Mushraff, though no one acknowledged it, but no one rejected it either. That itself is a confirmation if you ask me....

Though by outlook this govt was supposed to more hostile than the previous one, or most of us was made to believe so...... But in reality i see this govt investing a lot in improving relationship with Pakistan......When was the last time an Indian PM visited Pakistan???? and How many times secret meetings were conducted by NSA's in a third country??? When i look at it This govt approach or they are more pro peace than the previous one, i mean in practical terms...... I guess we can see the results.... .When was the last time there was a firing on LOC???? In last 6 months how many firings happened on LOC??? There was a high level attack on Pathankot and I would say the response from govt was pretty good.... There was no blame game, if not that the extend of blame game was probably the lowest..... I agree there are few hawkish guys who does talk little wild, but then overall the govt was pro peace.... So I believe there will be an acknowledgement from GOI..... and To be honest every govt need public support for any thing to do with Pakistan, If this info is correct and govt managed to kill 10 terrorists based on it, Govt can use this incident as a tool and drive further on peace process, and Public perception would slowly start changing (though it will take several such info).... While i type this post, i just saw a news of RSS supporting peace process..... If they are on board, then the only guys left is Shiv sena and other vanara senas who are insignificant as of now.....

I agree, but i would love to have a conversation with my limited knowledge (layman ) or may be i can learn something from you.....

US is going to be the Key on the other unofficial channels, from what i learnt from different articles, several such messages are conveyed thru american agencies who keep a decent relationship between their counterparts in our respective countries.....I do not know if RAW will be ready to share info on anything in Pakistan due to the risk of exposing the channels..... But over a period of time if such exchanges are done regularly, things would change for good..... let us not forget both the agencies are designed and trained to screw each other.....

Now those "Sickular" and "Presstitues" Well I agree this is a new term invented recently and has been used widely, and I also have been on the receiving end along with others for being a secular......I would like to say more on it, but that would turn this thread into a different direction.....

I dont think India would want to stop such cooperation, because end of the day it is India which is getting benefited...... So this is going to continue....

I do not think that is the case here, if it was then this 3 terrorist news would not have been released, let us not forget no one knows where they were killed and what ever infomation provided is only from Govt sources, If govt wanted to hide and take credit, no one could stop them..... But I dont think they will do it here......
thanks for your reply
I was being too defensive and a little unfair to you .
problem is that we got 2 kind of people among us. 1 who dont want peace and want to use Islam as a means of violence against everyone so they are not bothered about how others see them and second kind is us who condemn them, want to be part of international community but end up explaining and taking all the flake

No politics today.

A simple thank you from an Indian, who appreciates the help you provided to neutralize the terrorists, out to harm innocent people.

A good deed must always be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom