What's new

215th anniversary of General Tipu Sultan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already explained today we see things as the perception of modern Indian nationalism of struggle of Indian people against British rule which hardly existed when British were expanding in India, some of it evolved during 1857 revolt when Bahadur Shah Zafar was accepted as emperor of India but it was until the massive nationalistic movement under Indian National Congress. Certainly, Tipu Sultan who committed persecution and mass murder of Hindus and Christians can't be my hero.
I am saying that you neither make him a hero nor a villain. Just read both the narratives and move on.:cool:

Militarily his father was more successful but tipu sultan had superb vision. Person like him was fit for delhi throne, not decaying mughals. He is also an example of great leader without any foriegn lineage.
In the story of tipu, dont forget about irani mir sadiq and nizam of hyderabad.

Bahadur Shah Zafar was accepted as emperor of India
Never. Only by a tiny fraction. Overwhelming majority opposed him. Do you know that his wife was keeping contact with the British secretly at his desire?

Militarily his father was more successful but tipu sultan had superb vision. Person like him was fit for delhi throne, not decaying mughals. He is also an example of great leader without any foriegn lineage.
Who stopped him? He could not even win a single war against the Marathas.:lol:

Last edited:
Sanjay khan's sword of tipu sultan was shyt show, my jaw dropped when i saw the scene of him doing hindu pooja and haider ali is shown teaching geeta and Quran to tipu. Hindufication of tipu to make him palatable for hindu audiance, it seems. I didnt watch that shyty show except few scenes.
Pakistani drama about tip sultan was written in the style of naseem hijazi by khan asif, lot of speeches and exaggeration...but not shyty and bakwas like sanjay's khan's sword of tipu.
I am told that Many indians didnt know about tipu before sanjay khan's show.

Never. Only by a tiny fraction. Overwhelming majority opposed him. Do you know that his wife was keeping contact with the British secretly at his desire?

That's why I said 'to some extent'. We need to understand our history, I don't agree that we look for a hero in everyone because they fought against British to save their kingdom. Its hard fact our country wasn't united during British conquest until it was led by Indian National Congress and other revolutionaries.

I don't agree that we look for a hero in everyone because they fought against British to save their kingdom.
How can a loser be a hero???
clear.png
None is claiming him to be hero, at least not by me. Hari Singh Nalwa or Gulab Singh of Kashmir can be heroes because they were victors.:azn:

I am saying that you neither make him a hero nor a villain. Just read both the narratives and move on.:cool:

That's not simple statement because you know why people glorify him. I was too once one of the admirers misled by Sanjay Khan's TV show.

Who stopped him? He could not even win a single war against the Marathas.:lol:
He requested Zaman shah to capture delhi and put pressure on British , nizam and marathas. Zaman shah set out with 50 thousand army towards delhi. When he crossed lahore, he heard the news that shia persians have invaded his country Afghanistan, so he returned back. Iranis were asked by british to do so.
This shows that tipu sultan had plans for delhi togather with zaman shah,....Iran spoiled his plans. The traitor in his court , mir sadiq was also shia persian.

1. Tipu's bravery and patriotism surpassed any in contemporary SA. Few rulers in history displayed such love and concern for the subjects as Tipu did.

2. I cannot find any reason other than that he was a Muslim for the shabby treatment India/Indians meet out to him.IA Staff College is located at Wellington, not Tipu Sultan. Mysore city is full of marble statues and palaces belonging to the British stooges, the Wadyers. Tipu-Hyder Ali's mausoleum is quite unkempt and betrays the negative attitude of the administration. Wadyers are always occupying seat(s) in the parliaments. But Tipu's family is not allowed to. Some people had once brought a descendant of Tipu from Kolkata to contest against a Wadyer. But he was pressurized so much by the Hindu leaders that he had to go back to Kolkata fearing for life. Remember how Sanjay Khan was almost killed when the Tipu Sultan filming set was set ablaze by ultra Hindus?

He requested Zaman shah to capture delhi and put pressure on British , nizam and marathas. Zaman shah set out with 50 thousand army towards delhi. When he crossed lahore, he heard the news that shia persians have invaded his country Afghanistan, so he returned back. Iranis were asked by british to do so.
This shows that tipu sultan had plans for delhi togather with zaman shah,....Iran spoiled his plans. The traitor in his court , mir sadiq was also shia persian.
Losers have excuses and winners do not give alibis.:angel:

BTW, when Maratas entered Punjab again in 1780 and started taking taxes, the Afghan did not even protest seeing the Maratha positions. We all know what the Marathas did to the Pathans of Western UP. We also know what the sikhs did to the afghans by defeating them in six consecutive wars and annexing vast territories. Now, add the British factor. So, seeking help from the Afghans was indeed a great strategy.:rofl:

Hyderabad was first among the princely states to enter the treaty of 'Subsidiary Alliance' with British.

A hero is a person we look up to. A man worth emulating, a legend to be followed.

Tipu was brave, decisive, ferocious and had a good grasp of strategy.

A hero he was not.

Read what the Scindia fraction of Marathas, the Siks, the Gurkhas and the dogras did to Muslims and their religious places during 1857. You will be shocked.:coffee: Why muslims of India turned into neo-dalits by 1860s? Everything happened automatically?
Evil Marathas, Sikhs, Gurkhas, Dogras etc. :devil:
Neo-dalits... how long do you wish to divide us with such names?

1. Tipu's bravery and patriotism surpassed any in contemporary SA. Few rulers in history displayed such love and concern for the subjects as Tipu did.

2. I cannot find any reason other than that he was a Muslim for the shabby treatment India/Indians meet out to him.IA Staff College is located at Wellington, not Tipu Sultan. Mysore city is full of marble statues and palaces belonging to the British stooges, the Wadyers. Tipu-Hyder Ali's mausoleum is quite unkempt and betrays the negative attitude of the administration. Wadyers are always occupying seat(s) in the parliaments. But Tipu's family is not allowed to. Some people had once brought a descendant of Tipu from Kolkata to contest against a Wadyer. But he was pressurized so much by the Hindu leaders that he had to go back to Kolkata fearing for life. Remember how Sanjay Khan was almost killed when the Tipu Sultan filming set was set ablaze by ultra Hindus?
Good assessment. :tup: Wonderful insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom