What's new

2011 World Military Strength Ranking released

Numbers alone won't determine your Military Strength, classic Examples would be During the Iran-Iraq war where Iran managed to hold off Iraq, also the Arab-Israeli wars Arab had the larger number of weapons Tanks, Fighters etc etc however in the end Israels Leadership, intelligence and skill managed to defeat the arabs. I'm skeptical of the list through However I do see China in the top 5.

France is as low as 8th? How? They have the strongest military in Europe at the moment following the British military cuts.

At the same time, the British military is definitley not below the Indians in terms of military capability - the entire basis of that judgement on this ranking is based on how many able men and women India could theoretically call up. India isn't going to call up 100 million people, is it?

Additionally, Turkey is overrated on this list and Israel is underrated (Don't give me the HURR DURR ISRAEL IS BAD crap, it has nothing to do with this.)

France is as low as 8th? How? They have the strongest military in Europe at the moment following the British military cuts.

At the same time, the British military is definitley not below the Indians in terms of military capability - the entire basis of that judgement on this ranking is based on how many able men and women India could theoretically call up. India isn't going to call up 100 million people, is it?

Additionally, Turkey is overrated on this list and Israel is underrated (Don't give me the HURR DURR ISRAEL IS BAD crap, it has nothing to do with this.)

Strongest Military in Europe is UK and Germany French come in third. actually Turkey is fairly represented same with Israel, Israelis could run rings about Arabs only worthy opponent of Israel in the ME is Turkey, however out of all the Arabs countries Egypt has the best Arab army.

it seems sometimes numbers lie

8. France - 13 Germany ??

leopard 2a7 vs leclerc

eurofighter vs rafale
a german vs a french

sorry I forgot! France has this guy :lol:

merkel 173cm vs sarkozy 168cm

sarkozy_napoleon_nicoleon.jpg

dude india has a total military of 4,768,407 personal.........uk on the other hand has only 410,180 personal!!!!!.......and if you wanna judge by quality .....we are close enough!!!!.....in a few years we might even be superior!!!!!!GOT IT????!!!!!!

UK is excessively overrated in this page. Try and compare UK and Turkey, the only thing UK leads in is a single aircraft carrier. So stop talking buIIshit.

UK is excessively overrated in this page. Try and compare UK and Turkey, the only thing UK leads in is a single aircraft carrier. So stop talking buIIshit.

Does Turkey have nuclear subs? or ICBMS's? , Turkey can't make engines like Rolls Royce

South Korea and Turkey ahead of France? :rolleyes:

Does Turkey have nuclear subs? or ICBMS's? , Turkey can't make engines like Rolls Royce

Does UK have ICBMS? As far as i know only Russia, USA and China posses ICBMS's.
And as mentioned above, Nuclear weaponry is not included. Since no nation would risk a nuclear war.

Does UK have ICBMS? As far as i know only Russia, USA and China posses ICBMS's.
4 Vanguard class SSBNs, 64 Tridents, 512 thermonuclear warheads. :wave:

In addition 6 modern nuclear attack submnarines with Tomahawks.

Seems like the top 5 in the list is on the mark the rest is open for discussion.

Well i meant land based ICBMS. Nevermind, in the end there is not high probability of a nuclear war between any states. So it is pointless to count nuclear. In the end Nuclear shouldn't be counted positively, since if launched it will destroy a whole nation (millions of innocent human lives). Hence, nuclear is and will always be a black spot in human history. All nuclears weaponry should be demolished. It is not a technological achievement, countries like Japan, South Korea and Turkey can build A-bombs if they wish, but since they have signed the non-prolifiration treaty they won't.

Well i meant land based ICBMS. Nevermind, in the end there is not high probability of a nuclear war between any states. So it is pointless to count nuclear. In the end Nuclear shouldn't be counted positively, since if launched it will destroy a whole nation (millions of innocent human lives). Hence, nuclear is and will always be a black spot in human history. All nuclears weaponry should be demolished.
Nuclear weapons give status and more free hand. Also UK has aircraft carrier and Tomahawk missiles so they can made very serious damage to any country around the world conventionally too.

It is not a technological achievement, countries like Japan, South Korea and Turkey can build A-bombs if they wish, but since they have signed the non-prolifiration treaty they won't.
woulda shoulda coulda.

Well i meant land based ICBMS. Nevermind, in the end there is not high probability of a nuclear war between any states. So it is pointless to count nuclear. In the end Nuclear shouldn't be counted positively, since if launched it will destroy a whole nation (millions of innocent human lives). Hence, nuclear is and will always be a black spot in human history. All nuclears weaponry should be demolished. It is not a technological achievement, countries like Japan, South Korea and Turkey can build A-bombs if they wish, but since they have signed the non-prolifiration treaty they won't.

Well, the UK generally has a small military compared to other countries. But they are very well-rounded with a rich and a proud history.

They can pretty much screw anybody. And they do have the relevant means to do so.

The Falklands War didn't end well for the Argentinians. Even given that Argentina had geographic advantages and a decent military.

The British will always be British no matter how hard the French yell at them :lol:

Back
Top Bottom