What's new

2 '45000' tons modified Vikrant aircraft carriers?

There will be multiple csgs, each centered on a single carrier. To maintain 1 CSG > ON STATION< e.g. in the Atlantic and 1 CBG in the Pacific >AT ALL TIMES<, you need to rotate CSGs in and out of the theater.

Compare: to have 1 SSBN out at sea at all times as your strategic deterrent, you need to have 4-5 SSBNs in your fleet.

There will be multiple csgs, each centered on a single carrier. To maintain 1 CSG > ON STATION< e.g. in the Atlantic and 1 CBG in the Pacific >AT ALL TIMES<, you need to rotate CSGs in and out of the theater.

Compare: to have 1 SSBN out at sea at all times as your strategic deterrent, you need to have 4-5 SSBNs in your fleet.

Sir if we consider a case for India, which will not deploy its assets far away from its shores or I should say, beyond BoB, Arabian Sea and north Indian Ocean, wouldn't it be easier for India to operate 1 SSBN every time with only a fleet of 3 SSBNs?

Sir if we consider a case for India, which will not deploy its assets far away from its shores or I should say, beyond BoB, Arabian Sea and north Indian Ocean, wouldn't it be easier for India to operate 1 SSBN every time with only a fleet of 3 SSBNs?
UK operates 4 SSBN
France operates 4 SSBN
China has 5 operational SSBN (1 Type 092, 4 Type 094)

I think that says enough.

UK operates 4 SSBN
France operates 4 SSBN
China has 5 operational SSBN (1 Type 092, 4 Type 094)

I think that says enough.
SSBNs are like insurance!!! More you insure more you are secured.

India need to have most robust SSBN fleets. I say we will operate at least 4-5 SSBN by 2025 for sure. 4 Arihant class and next 3-6 Bigger SSBNs planned.

Am not sure about this news. For two more Vikrant class ACs. We have capacity to make 1 45000T vikrant carrier in a short notice. So why could our government waste it? At times when we have insecure China and very fragile Pakistan state? Our raise is very dangerous to them both. Our capabilities must match them both combined. If we really want prosperous and secure future we must have much larger Naval fleet than planned.

SSBNs are like insurance!!! More you insure more you are secured.

India need to have most robust SSBN fleets. I say we will operate at least 4-5 SSBN by 2025 for sure. 4 Arihant class and next 3-6 Bigger SSBNs planned.
One on station, one leaving the area, one moving into the area, one in port rearming / taking on supplies / training and/or one undergoing maintenance in dock. Any serious seabased nuclear deterrent needs a minimum of 4 boats (and preferably 5)

Am not sure about this news. For two more Vikrant class ACs. We have capacity to make 1 45000T vikrant carrier in a short notice. So why could our government waste it? At times when we have insecure China and very fragile Pakistan state? Our raise is very dangerous to them both. Our capabilities must match them both combined. If we really want prosperous and secure future we must have much larger Naval fleet than planned.

Minimum 3 AC (one for each coast, plus one reloading/refitting/back up). 5AC gives same idea as SSBN model above.

Another 45K AC? I heard from Chinese sources that the 2nd make-in-india AC would be 65K AC.

Another 45K AC? I heard from Chinese sources that the 2nd make-in-india AC would be 65K AC.
It could even go 75K tonnes if needed. :D
Anyway, 2 45K ACs was just a plan which now seems to be dropped.

One on station, one leaving the area, one moving into the area, one in port rearming / taking on supplies / training and/or one undergoing maintenance in dock. Any serious seabased nuclear deterrent needs a minimum of 4 boats (and preferably 5)

Minimum 3 AC (one for each coast, plus one reloading/refitting/back up). 5AC gives same idea as SSBN model above.
SSBNs and ACs are apples and oranges. Enemy fears more about AC than SSBN as no one has the guts to pull nuclear war. Where as AC can literally bombard the enemies at any point of time.

I put SSGN and AC in a same class (practical use) both sends shock waves deep inside enemy's heart.

5 AC are must for India both for diplomacy and actual use in war. But we need larger SSBN fleets.

As u pointed the the countries like UK just need 4-5 SSBN as the nuclear attack on UK could be responded with mutual attack by EU or NATO indeed. But not the case for India. SSBNs are most favorite thing when Nuclear war erupts.

SSBNs and ACs are apples and oranges. Enemy fears more about AC than SSBN as no one has the guts to pull nuclear war. Where as AC can literally bombard the enemies at any point of time.

I put SSGN and AC in a same class (practical use) both sends shock waves deep inside enemy's heart.

5 AC are must for India both for diplomacy and actual use in war. But we need larger SSBN fleets.

As u pointed the the countries like UK just need 4-5 SSBN as the nuclear attack on UK could be responded with mutual attack by EU or NATO indeed. But not the case for India. SSBNs are most favorite thing when Nuclear war erupts.
Whatever.

My view is on considering vast land mass of China and our loving neighborhood. Our retaliation should be one of a kind that no civilization should evolve in that part of world. That's called "Unprecedented nuclear Retaliation" our core policy for nuclear warfare. We don't need tactical nukes but a massive nuclear weapons delivery system from land Sea and Air. Even though our IAF is quite capable of perpetrating Chinese airspace at will Nuclear weapons deep down the sea would be unstoppable.

Back
Top Bottom