What's new

2,000 Russian Troops Land in Crimea

The truth is though, that we don't have that kind of power projection yet.

I know. I was talking about domestic opinion, not military ability. China is also vulnerable on the energy front, although, with such a large territory, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese have a few hidden reserves up their sleeves.

Maybe to take on the small fish in the SCS, but not the bigger fish.

CCP might be tempted to take on a smaller irritant in the SCS, but the difference is that Japan would probably intervene, even if the US doesn't. Japan has a stake in checking China's regional ambitions.

This is different from the EU, which has moved way past the Cold War enmity of Russia. Most Europeans see this as a mutual issue between Ukraine and Russia involving ethnic Russians, and not as the harbinger of a major westward threat from the Bear.

No one respects or fears the Yankees anymore.

Russia backed down in Syria and Iran.

Russia is only getting involved because this is a matter of ethnic Russian pride and is right on Russia's doorstep.

I know. I was talking about domestic opinion, not military ability. China is also vulnerable on the energy front, although, with such a large territory, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese have a few hidden reserves up their sleeves.

CCP might be tempted to take on a smaller irritant in the SCS, but the difference is that Japan would probably intervene, even if the US doesn't. Japan has a stake in checking China's regional ambitions.

This is different from the EU, which has moved way past the Cold War enmity of Russia. Most Europeans see this as a mutual issue between Ukraine and Russia involving ethnic Russians, and not as the harbinger of a major westward threat from the Bear.

Russia backed down in Syria and Iran.

Russia is only getting involved because this is a matter of ethnic Russian pride and is right on Russia's doorstep.

Russia didn't back down in Syria. They sent their warships to the Mediterranean :lol:
The only one that backed down was the Yankees with Obama and his 'redline'.

Yankees and Iran was not close to war.

Russia is one country that the Yankees have always feared.

Russian nuclear arsenal is big enough to wipe the the entire western world off the map 10 times over. The Yankees can beat up small countries and act tough but they are not suicidal to mess with Russia in a full scale all out war.

The fact Georgia was supposed to enter NATO then abandoned to mercy of Russians in 2008 war.

Supposed to enter NATO? So they were not part of NATO when the war started? Exactly how did the war started in the first place?

Russia didn't back down in Syria. They sent their warships to the Mediterranean :lol:
The only one that backed down was the Yankees with Obama and his 'redline'.

Yankees and Iran was not close to war.

Russia is one country that the Yankees have always feared.

Russian nuclear arsenal is big enough to wipe the the entire western world off the map 10 times over. The Yankees can beat up small countries and act tough but they are not suicidal to mess with Russia in a full scale all out war.

Syria gave up their chemical weapons in response. Thats backing down.

Russia backed down from supplying advanced weapons to Syria and Iran. Russia knows when the West is serious (Iran), and when it is just making noise (Ukraine).

Supposed to enter NATO? So they were not part of NATO when the war started? Exactly how did the war started in the first place?

Syria gave up their chemical weapons in response. Thats backing down.

The Yankees were going to bomb Syria as the Obama 'redline' was crossed and backed down because they knew Russia would use military force if they militarily intervened.
Yankees are dumb but they are not suicidal to get into a shooting war with Russia.

The Yankees were going to bomb Syria as the Obama 'redline' was crossed and backed down because they knew Russia would use military force if they militarily intervened.
Yankees are dumb but they are not suicidal to get into a shooting war with Russia.

Okay whatever. Syria gave up their chemical weapons in response to threat. Could have just waited for the Russians go to help. Not give up their WMDs.

Russia backed down from supplying advanced weapons to Syria and Iran. Russia knows when the West is serious (Iran), and when it is just making noise (Ukraine).

Russia did provide Syria with weapons and it offered Iran alternatives to the S-300. The rumors was that the S-300 deal was cancelled because Russia worked a deal with Israel for drones. Russia just rolled into Ukraine after it was threatened not to do so, do you think they really backed down and got scared of sending arms to Iran but defiantly sent troops into Ukraine.

:lol: they were negotiations behind the scenes.

I'm talking about war, when Russia
meant business when they sent their warships to the Mediterranean when Obama's 'redline' was crossed and going was about to use military force, the Yankees backed down.

It's one thing to bomb weak countries and drone failed states like Pakistan, it's another to have a death wish messing with Russia in a shooting war.

Russia did provide Syria with weapons and it offered Iran alternatives to the S-300. The rumors was that the S-300 deal was cancelled because Russia worked a deal with Israel for drones.

Yes, Russian supplied alternatives which were less objectionable to Israel/US. It backed down from its initial commitments.

Russia just rolled into Ukraine after it was threatened not to do so, do you think they really backed down and got scared of sending arms to Iran but defiantly sent troops into Ukraine.

As I mentioned earlier, the difference is that Ukraine is about protecting ethnic Russians on Russia's doorstep.

Syria and Iran were about influence; Ukraine is about family.

:lol: they were negotiations behind the scenes.

Negotiation is a fancy word for compromise. Hyperpowers don't "negotiate". US didn't "negotiate" with Iraq or Afghanistan.

I'm talking about war, when Russia
meant business when they sent their warships to the Mediterranean when Obama's 'redline' was crossed and going was about to use military force, the Yankees backed down.

I already explained the ethnic difference between Ukraine and Syria.

Okay whatever. Syria gave up their chemical weapons in response to threat. Could have just waited for the Russians go to help. Not give up their WMDs.

Yankees were about to bomb Syria and have regime change in Syria like in Libya but backed down like cowards once Russia sent their warships to the Mediterranean and basically said 'you wanna bomb Syria, you go through Russia first'.

Obama had to reserve his 'redline' to use military force :lol:

Yankees were about to bomb Syria and have regime change in Syria like in Libya but backed down like cowards once Russia sent their warships to the Mediterranean and basically said 'you wanna bomb Syria, you go through Russia first'.

Obama had to reserve his 'redline' to use military force :lol:

You are still ignoring the giving up chemical weapons in turn for not getting bombed here.

Yes, Russian supplied alternatives which were less objectionable to Israel/US. It backed down from its initial commitments.

As I mentioned earlier, the difference is that Ukraine is about protecting ethnic Russians on Russia's doorstep.

Negotiation is a fancy word for compromise. Hyperpowers don't "negotiate". US didn't "negotiate" with Iraq or Afghanistan.

I already explained the ethnic difference between Ukraine and Syria.

Kid, the Yankees backed down from using military force once Russia hinted Russia would use military force :lol:

The Obama 'redline' was crossed as he promised to use force and topple Assad.

Yankees are not suicidal to get into a shooting war with Russia.

Only you Pakistanis believe the Yankees are 'invincible'. I guess daily droning does that to a country's psyche.

This is Russia, they have real leaders and are independent people. Not some cowardly Pakistani leaders that allow themselves to get droned on a daily basis and still worship the Yankees. That's why no one respects Pakistan. The Yankees killed over 20 of your soldiers and you allowed the Yankees to continue to drone as they bribed your leaders. You sold out your country and military for the right price offered by the Yankees.

Guys like Putin and Rogozin are hardliners and you get into a war with Russia, they won't hesitate to use full force if their country is threatened in any way, shape or form.

And you make it seem as if they were scared. They backed down on their original commitment because Israel offered them technology not because they were scared.

EU and NATO expansion has been pushing Russia into a corner. Ukraine was a buffer and since the democratically elected government fell to violent anti-Russian extremest Russia finally drew the real 'red line'. It's a clear message to NATO and the EU to stay back. Russia also does not recognize the current government, troops entering Ukraine is clear disrespect to the current Ukrainian government, which is nothing more then a door mat right now.

You are still ignoring the giving up chemical weapons in turn for not getting bombed here.

I'm talking about use of military force. Once Russia basically said they will use military to counter the Yankees, the Yankees had to back down.

That's why the chemical weapon negotiations were used to compromised.

Putin offered Obama a way out to save face from his 'redline'. Yankees took it. The Yankees wanted to use military force to topple Assad. Assad is still in charge.

I'm talking about use of military force. Once Russia basically said they will use military to counter the Yankees, the Yankees had to back down.

That's why the chemical weapon negotiations were used to compromised.

Putin offered Obama a way out to save face from his 'redline'. Yankees took it. The Yankees wanted to use military force to topple Assad. Assad is still in charge.

No the Syrians gave up their chemical weapons in return for not getting bombed. The Russians would have just said don't do it. We can protect you. Don't give up your chemical weapons.

Back
Top Bottom