What's new

17 Indian Army soldiers killed in Uri attack

Hi,

It doesn't really add up Pakistan shooting on its own foot to show the world of dispute?

But then again there is this 'Dispute' or genuine 'Grief' found in general population that erupts from time to time, So naturally there is no need for Pakistan to do anything or pull such stunt, It barely has resources to afford 8 f-16s.

Not the best of all examples.

An F-16 Block 60 would cost the UAE $200 million each.

How much would it cost to
  1. Publicise the options to play the mujahid in Kashmir
  2. Recruit the candidate
  3. Train the candidate
  4. Arm the candidate
  5. Send him off on a one-way journey
There are very, very many individuals trainable for infiltrated terrorist activities for the price of one F-16.

Imagine Us carrying out such high scale attacks without any inside help is laughable. And then again one has to look at series and chain of events of what is happening around the situation. The KAshmir unrest has been going on for more than two months
( correct me if I am mistaken) Enough blood has been shed. So this attack was result of that,. What surprise me even more is the fact that, when LEA are aware of such unrest why not security measure were taken in place ? How come a region HQ of infantry division was overtaken by 4 rag tag terrorists. THis just goes on to show impotency of the agencies.

As I have said before thing will go worse. The current political status quo is only adding fuel o the fire. You can see the deliberate desecration of sacred indian flag by mehbooba. It was no mere coincidence. There are grievances that needs to be addressed, and you cannot address them through force of barrel of gun. No tangible development has taken place in valley for the past 60 years. So it is very natural that such friction will erupt at a point of time.

It will be very foolish to suggest that when Pakistan has case to highlight the crackdown of Indian security agencies in Kashmir to world, it will carry out terror attack to justify india's stance on Kashmir. This will reinforce Indian position and weaken Pakistan's position not to mention the boycott and sanction it will bring. We have seen similar attacks as well (staged) how after Pathankot all the barrels of gun were pointed at Pakistan and then later BJP themselves admitted Pakistan was not at fault here. The Ganja hijacking which was landed in LAhore was very well planned drama by We know who. Plus the recent confession of some Indian security agency guy of fake encounters and attacks
( I can't seem to recall his name)

You must know incident like this brings whole nation together and for a good while the whole nation becomes ignorants of the reality, thats how politics is played. BJP is having hard time delivering their promises

Absolutely no idea what you are garbling about. Do Indians suffer from amnesia? Indian soldiers murdered and raped Kashmiri children for over 60 years. In the 60/70s Indian soldiers would creep into the homes of Kashmiris at night and rape their women.

Any reasonably intelligent person would accept their wrong doings and do what it can to put right what is wronged. But no oh no, Indians won't do that. They will become even aggressive.

Reality is Kashmiris reject Indian rule and there is nothing India can do to reverse this because the damage has been done.

You can't give me a negative rating just because I don't agree with garbling mess of a post :lol:

Of course I can't. Quite right.

You got the negative rating because of two unacceptable sentences relating to Indian soldiers.

Look...i am all for debate as i strongly believe that is the way to go, however please do grasp the whole context before you hit the reply button...Now let me try to clarify....

What do you mean internationalize?
That kashmir is not a bilateral issue b/w India and Pakistan and international community needs to step in...Such terror incidents gives enough fodder to Pak's effort of showing the world how imminent nuclear war is in South Asia should they don't intervene...What you or I believe about Kashmir is irrelevant....the relevance is what International community thinks about it...India for obvious reason want's to deny that.....Now here are some hard core facts....

If at all we(you and us) decide to sit on negotiating table then Pak is bound to loose ground should there be no international representation on negotiating table...why?? because all the cards are in our hand....the current status quo favors us...The only cards you may have on negotiating table would be either the nut heads(read terrorists) or some powerful international friends...International community has so far towed India's stand....so the only irritant for us are these pigs...rest my friends is all usual India-Pakistan load of bull sh1t....

Do you thing you can hide the atrocities ? Brush them away in carpet? We are living in electronic age everything is out.The fact that India chooses to put all the blame on Pakistan while ignoring the reality of local home grown separatists, is actually helping the cause of Kashmiris
Such lines emotionally sounds pretty good however lacks the substance...While we say it's all Pakistan...you say its all internal ...reality might be somewhere in b/w....truth is nobody(read international community) gives a fukc about either of those...

Of course I can't. Quite right.

You got the negative rating because of two unacceptable sentences relating to Indian soldiers.

They are called facts. You can't hide from it. I hope India as a collective repent for their misdeeds and then South Asia will have peace.

Hi,

It doesn't really add up Pakistan shooting on its own foot to show the world of dispute?
But then again there is this 'Dispute' or genuine 'Grief' found in general population that erupts from time to time, So naturally there is no need for Pakistan to do anything or pull such stunt, It barely has resources to afford 8 f-16s.

Imagine Us carrying out such high scale attacks without any inside help is laughable. And then again one has to look at series and chain of events of what is happening around the situation. The KAshmir unrest has been going on for more than two months
( correct me if I am mistaken) Enough blood has been shed. So this attack was result of that,.

You have a point.

There was obviously inside help. That is clear from the way the map was provided, the map found annotated on the killed terrorists, on the clear idea of where to get over the barriers, on the recognition of the fuel dump within the camp, and on the swift attack with incendiary grenades on the fuel tanks.

However, it is not clear, and it is nothing more than a possibility that the present attack was due to present unrest and suppression of that unrest.

The history of infiltrating armed terrorists into Kashmir is very long, and dates back, in one reckoning, to the time of General Zia. There is continuity between that and this attack. Unless the perpetrators were Kashmiri, and not many Kashmiris speak Pushto, this attack was not due to the present unrest, this was part of a very long series.

What surprise me even more is the fact that, when LEA are aware of such unrest why not security measure were taken in place ? How come a region HQ of infantry division was overtaken by 4 rag tag terrorists. THis just goes on to show impotency of the agencies.

As I have said before thing will go worse. The current political status quo is only adding fuel o the fire. You can see the deliberate desecration of sacred indian flag by mehbooba. It was no mere coincidence. There are grievances that needs to be addressed, and you cannot address them through force of barrel of gun. No tangible development has taken place in valley for the past 60 years. So it is very natural that such friction will erupt at a point of time.

It will be very foolish to suggest that when Pakistan has case to highlight the crackdown of Indian security agencies in Kashmir to world, it will carry out terror attack to justify india's stance on Kashmir. This will reinforce Indian position and weaken Pakistan's position not to mention the boycott and sanction it will bring. We have seen similar attacks as well (staged) how after Pathankot all the barrels of gun were pointed at Pakistan and then later BJP themselves admitted Pakistan was not at fault here. The Ganja hijacking which was landed in LAhore was very well planned drama by We know who. Plus the recent confession of some Indian security agency guy of fake encounters and attacks
( I can't seem to recall his name)

You must know incident like this brings whole nation together and for a good while the whole nation becomes ignorants of the reality, thats how politics is played. BJP is having hard time delivering their promises

They are called facts. You can't hide from it. I hope India as a collective repent for their misdeeds and then South Asia will have peace.

These are called fictions, put about by hostile elements that have no other way to vent their frustration and spleen.

These are called fictions, put about by hostile elements that have no other way to vent their frustration and spleen.

:lol::lol: Collective amnesia most definitely. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. On your conscience not mine.

Look...i am all for debate as i strongly believe that is the way to go, however please do grasp the whole context before you hit the reply button...Now let me try to clarify....

That kashmir is not a bilateral issue b/w India and Pakistan and international community needs to step in...Such terror incidents gives enough fodder to Pak's effort of showing the world how imminent nuclear war is in South Asia should they don't intervene...What you or I believe about Kashmir is irrelevant....the relevance is what International community thinks about it...India for obvious reason want's to deny that.....Now here are some hard core facts....

If at all we(you and us) decide to sit on negotiating table then Pak is bound to loose ground should there be no international representation on negotiating table...why?? because all the cards are in our hand....the current status quo favors us...The only cards you may have on negotiating table would be either the nut heads(read terrorists) or some powerful international friends...International community has so far towed India's stand....so the only irritant for us are these pigs...rest my friends is all usual India-Pakistan load of bull sh1t....

Such lines emotionally sounds pretty good however lacks the substance...While we say it's all Pakistan...you say its all internal ...reality might be somewhere in b/w....truth is nobody(read international community) gives a fukc about either of those...
You know what caused east pakistan to break away from us ? @Joe Shearer

:lol::lol: Collective amnesia most definitely. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. On your conscience not mine.

Only one of me, so not collective, just to correct your grammar for a change rather than your history or your politics.
Both equally boring,,,,,,,

You know what caused east pakistan to break away from us ? @Joe Shearer

Yes, of course.

Other detailed responses tomorrow,,,,

Do you do the same when attack in Pakistan are blamed on India?? It is obviously a good statement to make however not practical...because it validates Pakistan's agenda...i.e. Internationalizing the kashmir issue...how on this earth it would be acceptable to Indians??

A start was made in Pathankot where under all the criticism Modi govt. allowed Pakistan investigation team to visit our base..but then fucking an initiative left right and center is an art that South Asia master's in....

Than how do we know who did it? Between Pakistan and India, its Pakistan's interests that have been damaged after these attacks. Not to sound crude, loss of 17 soldiers for a behemoth such as the Indian Army is not even a drop in the bucket. In fact, loss of 1000 soldiers would not even scratch India's Fighting Capabilities. I know i am sounding very harsh but that's the truth. Killing these 17 soldiers achieves nothing for Pakistan. We are not Vampires here, that thrive on the blood of Indian soldiers. If we really wanted to do some damage, something like the 2008 Mumbai Attacks would have made a much bigger impact.

Geo-politics may seem like that however in reality it doesn't deal in binaries....Yes Indian strategic planners will never want Chinese warships docking in Gwadar however do you think Chinese strategic planners would want to push India to such a corner that it becomes an open adversary? Would that be in China's interest? Answer is NO...so there will be some push and pull here and there however equilibrium wont be changed...atleast not in foreseeable future...

News Flash

India and China are adversaries.

So this is your proof,

see these, according to your analogy, you admit that your country is instigating terrorism in pakistan right?

547c0dd680624.jpg

vickers-indian.jpg

Indian+army.jpg

Uri recovered weapons as claimed.... shown by IA through media...

dc-Cover-1etibc0ogjpl45n5tp41oi84i7-20160920000412.Medi.jpeg

and the butt-stock is ... along with with sight setting, chamber line etc

M_Id_408075_Indian_.jpg

Than how do we know who did it? Between Pakistan and India, its Pakistan's interests that have been damaged after these attacks.

Not exactly.

I had actually planned to take a leave of this forum which has become a war zone due to Call of Duty trained warriors who know naught and have started posting a whole plethora of nonsense which actually makes one go crazy trying to find something sensible, but your post here, as usual, does cause one to reply, so my reply in multiple quotes.

The interests of Pakistan are not damaged.

I will give you a very good reason. What more adds to the perspective as required to be projected by Pakistan than the mass street protests and angry "Kashmiris" 'loosing patience' and attacking Indian army out of frustration? It will exactly project that there is an active rebellion by local population, something we can expect to see in NS' address to UNGA (aka repeat of 1965 strategy with the hope of substantial support from Saudi Arabia and others in form of arms and funding as being done in Syria; the oppressive regime suppressing its people)

The basic fault in Indian approach has been the political ineptitude that has been displayed by the PDP-BJP government in the state (continuing as I type), wherein they have failed to effectively tackle the violence on streets and have resorted to measures that have merely aggravated the situation for over two months now, leading even a normally quiet Army Commander Northern Command to make a political statement and tell the successive governments in J&K, first the Omar Abdullah government and then the present dispensation to concentrate on governance and to deliver on that at grassroots.

While Omar Abdullah is right that India needs to look at itself and not at Pakistan for the current troubles and this is what I believe too as any adversary would be dumb not to use the weakness of their adversary to keep it off-balance, one needs to look at the role played by his own party and his own family in mismanaging the affairs of the state till date. That he, as the incumbent CM of J&K, did not do anything to provide for governance at a ground level, is an open fact with the then Northern Army Commander Lt Gen KT Parnaik, refusing to toe political line of withdrawal of the AFSPA as was being proposed by Chidambaram and Omar Abdullah in the latter's last few months of governance. A populist move, that was meant to try and get separatist votes and hope to overturn the lack of governance and abject failure of the State Government under his leadership. There was no issue of AFSPA as Indian Army was already out of major cities and limited in its role inside the cities.

Not to sound crude, loss of 17 soldiers for a behemoth such as the Indian Army is not even a drop in the bucket. In fact, loss of 1000 soldiers would not even scratch India's Fighting Capabilities. I know i am sounding very harsh but that's the truth. Killing these 17 soldiers achieves nothing for Pakistan. We are not Vampires here, that thrive on the blood of Indian soldiers. If we really wanted to do some damage, something like the 2008 Mumbai Attacks would have made a much bigger impact

As you gave me the example of a fine colonel who told you about the CI operations in your western provinces and role of RAW in it and I categorically replied that TTP is not our baby, let me extrapolate that to myself and give you the straight answer as someone who has a little bit of idea of the CI operations and the situation on our side.

Firstly, your bold part, that is something I have said so myself, much to chagrin of two Indian members who probably have no idea of military operations (I am assuming here of course) and of the larger constraints that the forces of both sides operate under, irrespective of the fanboy chest beating we see here. I totally agree with you here. Hence, my contention that we need to look at ourselves and strengthen own procedures and take action to remedy the mistakes with suitable consequences of those who were responsible for the lapses. @Sarge gave quite broad and very encompassing suggestions, and I am sure he speaks out of his own experiences on the other side of the border, and I agree to parts of it at delayed time periods as such a large scale purge of the guilty security officials will create a temporary vacuum in the existing grid due to obvious reasons.

Now for the remainder. There is, at no time, anyone saying that GoP is involved. Leave aside the Indian Hysteria Media. I don't listen to it, I don't care to either. I will tell you exactly what we are saying. The line is 'elements within your set up'. Even if they are non-state actors it is your duty as the sovereign power to hunt them down. Period.

As for a false flag, which many people here are trumpeting after getting affected by few fans of Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising, I, as someone who wanted to conduct a false flag terror attack in order to get the reasons to seek a confrontation with the neighbouring nation, would have struck some place like Hyderabad, Bangalore or deeper, and given it a nice Kashmiri twist and put up LeT or JeM there.

That would have left Modi with no alternative but to go to war in the backdrop of Mumbai attack. Here, the government can still avoid going to war as the casualties are military casualties and there will be some public anger ad a covert retaliatory strike which will become public and all will be forgotten aka North East ambush type.

So, no @notorious_eagle neither is this a false flag and nor is it any other such type of assault other than that to augment the case at UN with a lame duck US president sitting in office and an effort to put more pressure so that intractable differences can crop up and the whole process of normalisation of relations can be derailed.

I am not saying it was done with blessings of GoP. But knowing how the launch pads operate in the LC environment, I can assure you, someone, somewhere, is involved in your official apparatus.

Thanks

@nair The leave was short!

Finish by saying, Kashmiris are also human, they deserve some symapthy from Indian population too. It's sad that they soldiers had to die, but who else suffers the most damage?

I didn't see any Indian member condemning this...

Thank you all, continue and no trolling please.....
You didnt see any Indian member condemning?
I can show you the Indian members stating that "they are not concerned about what happens in India" it is not a single person but i have been given this reply from MANY so you should not be surprised if you do not see any Indian members condemning this killing or the ones before this!

I was having a chat with @Joe Shearer yesterday and what we can see if how both sides had there fair share of idiots, some of them in key positions unfortunately. The public is emotional bunch but i wont blame them for what they are saying and doing right now. It is there leaders, the politicians and mot importantly the media, the fking irresponsible media that is governing what the general public is saying of feeling.

First, the public was pushed itself into the corner by all that chest thumping and boasting, the ego was blown out of proportion. It was a false sense of grandeur that was created by the gov. and fuel was added to the fire by the media. now this happened!! All those people to whom you have been telling that it is just 5% of people in Kashmir that are cause the problem and how Pakistan is non issue now for a power like India and other ego boasting stuff like that, now their ego have been bruised and now they will ask for revenge. They have been made to believe that everything wrong is just on part of Pakistan and that India is so supreme that it can handle Pakistan very well, now they ask why the delay?? In short, the government have pushed itself into the corner where the are not in a position to take any harsh action (because there still are some sensible minds at work who understand what despite the Indian military might a war is NOT the way forward and who do realize that there wont be any winners this time) but they cannot just ignore all the chants and demands of the public. Media acting as irresponsibly as it ALWAYS does (both Pakistani and Indian) is doing NOTHING but adding fuel to the fire.

I hope that in the end those few sane minds will be enough to keep the situation under control but trust me, they wont be getting ANY help from there media and on our part, talking about our mistakes, they wont be getting ANY HELP from us either!! This is our part in the stupidity!!

Since your politicians and media are always quick throw the blame, they should provide workable intelligence and concrete evidence first. I am afraid, you lack both.

Pathankot is still a test case to your arrogance and blatant stubbornness. I dont see anything constructive coming of this either.
There wont be ANY thing coming out because there isnt any. It is just like our people say "jo krwa raha ha amreka krwa raha ha" Despite our own stupid follies and mistakes we also put blame on quite a few things wrongfully on Americans. They same have always happened in case of India.

As i have repeatedly said, there is absolutely no evidence to indicated Pakistan's involvement presented so far and still it just took a couple of hours for the Indian media to uncovers Pakistan's hand behind all this!! Had the security forces been half this efficient the attack wont have happened!

Last edited:
@nair The leave was short!

Yeah i can see that..... I was about to ask you about the leave.....Welcome back any way.....too much of sh!t to respond.....

The public is emotional bunch but i wont blame them for what they are saying and doing right now. It is there leaders, the politicians and mot importantly the media, the fking irresponsible media that is governing what the general public is saying of feeling.

If i could add, the retired generals and the so called "Defense Analysts" who comes to this media shows soap opera's if i may call them....... Public (read common man) would listen to these retired generals and analysts and start creating their own opinion...... last 2 days there is war in every channel, some of them are fighting it one sided (ie only indian panelists) and some are two way....... My wife is happy these days, i hardly watch news these days as it gives me headache and she can concentrate on prog which both of us can watch.....

These idiots knows the ground realities pretty well, and they knows the pros and cons of every suggestion they make.... In spite of that they give ideas which can lead in to a nuclear war......

Yeah i can see that..... I was about to ask you about the leave.....Welcome back any way.....too much of sh!t to respond.....

I actually got mad seeing people talk of war and killing like it is a joke.Notorious Eagle is anything but notorious and he had posted on this thread, something he does not do, so I had to reply to him.

Mistakes from our side needs to be corrected yesterday. The civil administration has to step up and act decisively to assuage the feelings on the street and leave the army to deal with what has happened. Unfortunately, not seeing it.

I actually got mad seeing people talk of war and killing like it is a joke.Notorious Eagle is anything but notorious and he had posted on this thread, something he does not do, so I had to reply to him. Sense has to be brought back in.

Mistakes from our side needs to be corrected yesterday. The civil administration has to step up and act decisively to assuage the feelings on the street and leave the army to deal with what has happened. Unfortunately, not seeing it.

We had attacks before, but some how this time every thread is a troll fest, and every poster (including few title holders) is enjoying their time..... Idiots doesnt know the cost of a war, as they assume that they wont be affected, Key board warriors what.....

Lol i am safe by the way.... Sitting far from the action on a mountain :P

Back
Top Bottom