Not open for further replies.

53fd

New Recruit

Reaction score
1. Pakistan has the 4th-largest coal reserves in the world (Thar):

Industry of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thar coal reserves. | Goliath Business News

2. Pakistan has the 5th largest gold reserves in the world:

People's Daily Online -- World's 5th largest gold, copper reserves found in Pakistan

3. Pakistan has the 2nd largest salt mine in the world (Khewra):

Khewra Salt Mines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Pakistan is the world's 4th largest producer of rice:

FAOSTAT

5. Pakistan has the world's widest & extensive irrigation system:

Fascinating Facets of Pakistan

Pakistan - AGRICULTURE

6. Pakistan has the 6th largest population in the world

7. Pakistan has the 6th Largest Army in the world

8. Pakistan is the 1st Muslim and 7th Nuclear Power of World

9. Pakistan is the world’s 9th Largest English Speaking Country.

10. Pakistan has world's 7th largest Pool of Scientists and Engineers

11. Pakistan has the highest Tele Density in South Asia

12. Pakistan has the largest WiiMax Network in the World

13. Pakistan has the 2nd Largest Dam in the world (Tarbela Dam). Tarbela Dam is also the world’s largest earth filled dam.

14. Pakistan has the world’s Largest Deep Sea Port: Gwader

15. Pakistan has the world’s largest run ambulance network by Edhi

How does any of of this help Pakistan in terms of governance, security and sovereign integrity?

We could be sitting on the worlds largest reserves for a number of natural resources but they do not help us in any manner in the current scenario because a) we cannot extract and refine them as we lack the expertise and funding, b) they attract hostility from other countries who want Pakistan to remain week and c) our corrupt system will preempt us from achieving anything substantive if we do decide to use our resources.

Largest this and largest that does not make a difference, its the nature of the system that can harness admirable results from its civilians and resources.

Its unnecessary and insecure on our part to talk about such things when in reality our country is suffering from its worst condition and its all due to the system we have in place.

12. Pakistan has the largest WiiMax Network in the World

Really, the largest WiiMax network? You mean this thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
How does any of of this help Pakistan in terms of governance, security and sovereign integrity?

We could be sitting on the worlds largest reserves for a number of natural resources but they do not help us in any manner in the current scenario because a) we cannot extract and refine them as we lack the expertise and funding, b) they attract hostility from other countries who want Pakistan to remain week and c) out corrupt system will preempt us from achieving anything substantive if we do decide to use our resources.

Largest this and largest that does not make a difference, its the nature of the system that can harness admirable results from its civilians and resources.

Its unnecessary and insecure on our part to talk about such things when in reality our country is suffering from its worst condition and its all due to the system we have in place.

I have pointed out to two things in my post. The first one is what the Pakistani nation has already achieved, & while there is still a lot of room for improvement, we have done reasonably well in many things (points 5-16). The second one is what the Pakistani nation is capable of achieving, in terms of untapped natural resources. This country has everything it needs, people need to start working for it more, and there are many people that do that everyday. If you think about Palestine-Israel's war, or many other international conflicts, they come down to the fight for water, natural resources etc. Pakistan is blessed with all of these in great abundance, & it needs to make appropriate use of it.

@Bilal Haider

I like your patriotism and love for Pakistan but the fact is this thread is soon going to be invaded by trolls and cheap shots and would converted into a flame war very soon. So please avoid such threads in the future.

I agree with T-Faz lol Pakistan isnt a failed state it has the capacity to be 1 but the important thing is it isnt atm.

Somalia is a failed state because its got like 4 different goverments.

African countries anyone..
all those diamonds.. all those resources..
still has them sitting where they were twenty years ago.

Almost none of the African countries have education levels, infrastructure, civil, government institutions on the level of Pakistan. I have lived in Nigeria for 4 years, Ghana for 2. Nigeria's wealth is concentrated in about 2% of the wealthy elite, while 98% of the public is extremely poor. There is essentially NO middle class in these African countries. That is the case with Ghana as well, although the ratio is slightly better than Nigeria's 98% poor & 2% elite. Both the African countries are extremely expensive in terms of accommodation, eating, everyday expenses, which is why some of Ghana's poor have to survive eating bats. It's very sad. No amount of Nairas (Nigeria's currency) are enough for Nigerians as the currency is very weak. Pakistan has a growing middle class of about 35-40 million.

Lets put this out then..
Anything other than sensible meaningful posts here.. to "improve" the quality of the thread..
and you are asking for trouble.

None of the African countries have education levels, infrastructure, civil, government institutions on the level of Pakistan. I have lived in Nigeria for 4 years, Ghana for 2. Nigeria's wealth is concentrated in about 2% of the wealthy elite, while 98% of the public is extremely poor. There is essentially NO middle class in these African countries. That is the case with Ghana as well, although the ratio is slightly better than Nigeria's 98% poor & 2% elite. Both the African countries are extremely expensive in terms of accommodation, eating, everyday expenses as well, which is why some of Ghana's poor people have to survive on eating bats for their meals. It's very sad. No amount of Nairas (Nigeria's currency) are enough for Nigerians as the currency is very weak. Pakistan has a growing middle of about 35-40 million people.

Yet we are lower than most of them on every possible stability index..
weird..

Pak is not a failed state .

However none of the points listed in post #1 could prevent a nation from becoming one.

Personally I am against the term "Failed state". Still if some unit of measure has to be applied, it should be more to do with governance, national institutions, rule of law etc.

P.S. Add economy and the ability of a nation to pay its debts.

Yet we are lower than most of them on every possible stability index..
weird..

I was talking about essentially these African countries having no middle class, a very small elite & the majority poor. That co-relates with income disparity/inequality, which should fall under the GINI index. Pakistan does much much better than these countries in this regard.

I have pointed out to two things in my post. The first one is what the Pakistani nation has already achieved, & while there is still a lot of room for improvement, we have done reasonably well in many things (points 5-16). The second one is what the Pakistani nation is capable of achieving, in terms of untapped natural resources. This country has everything it needs, people need to start working for it more, and there are many people that do that everyday. If you think about Palestine-Israel's war, or many other international conflicts, they come down to the fight for water, natural resources etc. Pakistan is blessed with all of these in great abundance.

We have certainly achieved a lot since our inception but we are capable of so much more.

These achievements do not mean much when you consider all the negative aspects of our nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom