What's new

14 More F16 for PAF (Approved by US)

PAF F16s fleet should be around 200 +

IMO,

But in this thread quoted that US is ready to sell. Its contradictory. No offense please, Is it part of the aid?

Nah don't worry, its cool, I won't take it as an offense.

Yeah, so far the news are contradictory, so its confusing to decide which one, but if its free of cost, my guess would be its part of the aid

Last edited:
18 block 52 F-16 (Orderer in 2006)
18 block 52 F-16 (OPTIONAL) out of which we have ordered 14

PAF will get 30 F-16 this year and 2 in next year as optional f-16 are already under construction.

cheers! :cool:

qsaark

Sir i agree with you but, at the end of the day you have to look at both sides of the picture . if we want not to get f-16's from US ok but then why just f-16 u then have to block other defence imports from USA as well all the Frigates ,choppers n stuff why only f-16's

But then on the other side what we will do? keeping two things in mind

1) Neither we have huge defence budget to attract big fishes to supply us best in the tank

2) Nor we have liberty like india to buy defence equipment from all over the world

We cant buy fighters with huge price tag from Europe and France and Russia willnot supply u so then u r left with China

China tech is not matured yet no doubt they are moving ahead rapidly and are our friends but at the end of the day u cant rely on just 1 kind of platform for better efficiency and effectiveness every airforce has multiple platforms so for another platform where do u go?

Sir they treat us lyk dogs coz we wnt them to treat us lyk that look at Venezuela a smaal country which half of the world dun know stood against a giant USA but ...i dun wana get into politics nor wana involve public as it is a defence related thread

Sir we have no choice left you have to go to US if not today thn surely tomorrow we are trapped untill n unless we will come up either with our high tech or improve our economy , Not only politicians but every other factor also played an important role in making us US servants

Last edited:
No idea, but one of the articles in this thread mentioned it was free of cost!

Sir dun thnk uncle sam will give anythng free

We have to pay the price but in what mode is the question, and still to b answerd

Our kids think they are free coz for them only paper money is the price for anythng but for uncle sam the price can b in many forms

Either we have to pay political price or pay on the expense of lives of hundreds of our people for these f-16's

Last edited:
The numbers of F-16s being 14, they being 'free of cost' and delivery upto 2014 makes me think that they may be those 14 F-16A/B Block 15s that we held by TOP GUN school of US Navy. These planes belonged to those undelivered 28 F-16s that were purchased in 1992 by Pakistan.

While the USAF gave back those Pakistani F-16s, US Navy was still holding back the Pakistani Falcons. Now its good that they are ready to deliver them. But its sure that in TOP GUN role, they must have been heavily used and a refurbishment is necessary.

I think that like other F-16A/Bs, they shall also undergo MLU to Block 52 standard. But all this still needs to be verified.

As a pakistani american i have seen a lot of shift in american agendas.well i m not blaming them,but the real reason for this is our government.whatever they asked us to do we did.we are not democratic country just because of them.every single time we had an elected government it had to face sanctions from USA.but whenever any dictator came policies were changed.just because America knew that pakistani army will always be closer to them,as compared to any other elected president or prime minister.
on the other side we started seeing India as our potential enemy.i know many on this forum might not agree with me.but are we really developing or just we are increasing our military arsenal.just to compete with india we have forgotten our basic need's.how many industries we can name in pakistan which are world renowned.building a strong defense is important,but neglecting a common man's problem is also very pathetic.we can't even name a single man from the government who is actually doing something for awwam.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is negotiating with the United States to buy 14 additional F-16 fighter planes, Pakistan defence officials said on Sunday, following talks aimed at reversing tempestuous ties between the allies.

The United States and Pakistan have agreed to fast-track pending Pakistani requests for military equipment as the two step up security cooperation, Pakistan's foreign minister said on Wednesday during a high-profile visit to Washington.

A senior Pakistani defence official told Reuters that Pakistan was asking for 14 new F-16 planes.

“Talks are underway and we're hoping to get them at a low price,” the official, who requested not to be identified, said.

Pakistan is an important US ally in the battle against al Qaeda and the Taliban in neighbouring Afghanistan.

The United States has provided F-16 fighter jets to Islamabad and Pakistan's navy chief was in Washington this month to discuss the handover in August of a refurbished US frigate.

Washington said this month it would deliver 1,000 laser-guided bomb kits to Pakistan within weeks and is considering more weapons sales to help the Pakistani air force crack down on insurgents in the Afghanistan border region.

In early 2010, the United States approved the delivery of 12 Lockheed Martin Corp's F-16C and 6 F-16D planes, scheduled to begin from June 2010.

This delivery to Pakistan will bring its inventory of the planes to 54. If a new deal is approved, Pakistan's arsenal of F-16s, including refurbished fighters, will amount to 79, defence officials said. Pakistan has been operating F-16s since 1982.

Another official said Pakistan's interest in new F-16s was a bid to match India's firepower.

“Look at the rival (India). How many fighter jets they are purchasing and if you're getting them at a low price then why not?” he said.

India plans to buy 126 air and ground attack fighters, which will elevate its air force to super-power status, with deployments planned near the borders with Pakistan and China, officials say.

One bone of contention between Washington and Islamabad has been a delay in about $2 billion in military aid owed by the United States to Pakistan under a programme called the Coalition Support Fund.

Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said a “substantial” amount of the money would be paid by the end of April, with Washington promising the remainder by the end of June.

As a pakistani american i have seen a lot of shift in american agendas.well i m not blaming them,but the real reason for this is our government.whatever they asked us to do we did.we are not democratic country just because of them.every single time we had an elected government it had to face sanctions from USA.but whenever any dictator came policies were changed.just because America knew that pakistani army will always be closer to them,as compared to any other elected president or prime minister.
on the other side we started seeing India as our potential enemy.i know many on this forum might not agree with me.but are we really developing or just we are increasing our military arsenal.just to compete with india we have forgotten our basic need's.how many industries we can name in pakistan which are world renowned.building a strong defense is important,but neglecting a common man's problem is also very pathetic.we can't even name a single man from the government who is actually doing something for awwam.

Agree with you. But in the past decades the minds of the awwam have been filled with BS like India is going to destroy Pak, the world waging a war against Islam, Pak needs to create a nuke bomb no matter what, eat grass etc etc.

With thoughts like these the awwam feels that their existence is being threatened. They are filled with passion and patriotism and are ready to eat grass for the bomb. Today, Pakistani common man is ready to let go his daily meal to buy F-16 from US.

I hope in the coming years, we see enterpreuners, great leaders and business tycoons from Pakistan also, but for that the thinking needs to be changed.

India had the same thinking but with the coming of some great leaders, the situation changed. Now we are flourishing. The same can be done for Pakistan but the awwam needs to straighten its priorities first.

Agree with you. But in the past decades the minds of the awwam have been filled with BS like India is going to destroy Pak, the world waging a war against Islam, Pak needs to create a nuke bomb no matter what, eat grass etc etc.

With thoughts like these the awwam feels that their existence is being threatened. They are filled with passion and patriotism and are ready to eat grass for the bomb. Today, Pakistani common man is ready to let go his daily meal to buy F-16 from US.

I hope in the coming years, we see enterpreuners, great leaders and business tycoons from Pakistan also, but for that the thinking needs to be changed.

India had the same thinking but with the coming of some great leaders, the situation changed. Now we are flourishing. The same can be done for Pakistan but the awwam needs to straighten its priorities first.

Sir same is the case with India ...Doesnt ur media shout on even a single bullet purchase by Pakistan creating a Pakistanophobia ...Today india is spending 36 billion or more on defence but isnnt 40% of ur population living below poverty line

Forget about dev malai, Tata group and Ambali group there are millions of people who are living in slum ...so y dun u comment about ur country? India is as muvch doing the same as according to you Pakistan is doing

Anywayz dun wana start Pak vs India on this thread so chagne the topic

By merely looking at the following video, it's not difficult to assess who is molesting the brains of the awaam and what kind of mentality prevails on the other side of the border to resort to such drama bazi.
At least we are spared this enlightened and progressive maturity by our set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom