What's new

12 killed in explosions in north Lebanon

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
2 explosions kill 12 in north Lebanese city - Israel News, Ynetnews

Lebanon's official news agency says at least 12 people have been killed by twin explosions outside two Sunni mosques in a northern city.

The National News Agency said another 25 were wounded in the Friday blasts.

The blasts come amid rising tension in Lebanon resulting from Syria's civil war, which has sharply polarized the country along sectarian lines and between supporters and opponents of the regime of President Bashar Assad. Tripoli has previously seen clashes between Sunnis and Alawites, a Shiite offshoot sect to which Assad belongs.

Local media showed a column of thick, gray smoke rising over the city and said the explosion caused extensive destruction.

Blasts rock Tripoli
Blasts rock Tripoli

The officials said the blasts went off near mosques in the overwhelmingly Sunni city on Friday, the Muslim day of prayer, when places of worship would be packed. They said there were casualties but did not give a number.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.

One of the blasts exploded outside the Taqwa mosque, where Sheik Salem Rafei, a Salafi cleric opposed to Lebanon's militant Shiite Hezbollah group, usually prays. It was not clear whether he was inside.

The second went off about five minutes later in the Mina district of Tripoli, but no details were immediately available.

HizboalAhyatn will soon pay for that.

I agree, but, you and your government have double standards. As we've seen with Egypt. And your attitude towards these conflicts are is if you rule both these nations and have overwhelming influence in each.

Not 12, at least 20. Plz answer who do you support if clash breaks out; Tripoli or the South?

579035_474488492665858_1546448448_n.jpg

1005242_474488795999161_1156845850_n.jpg

546911_474489285999112_687378622_n.jpg

1237840_474488612665846_548860596_n.jpg

972343_474483619333012_655896753_n.jpg

582004_474480016000039_1172558193_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, but, you and your government have double standards. As we've seen with Egypt. And your attitude towards these conflicts are is if you rule both these nations and have overwhelming influence in each.

Me and my government speak our mind. Your view on our FPs doesn't concern us.

I heard they struck a Salafi mosque. That would be great if true.

No violence is good from either side, this means any nation with a two-sect population will destroy itself from within.

Allah punishing the Muslims for their attacks on Israel.

What happened after 4 Israeli soldiers were wounded by Hezbollah? their stronghold was bombed.

What happened after Sunnis attacked Israel with rockets? their stronghold is bombed.

Now of course I am not saying Israel did this. I am saying that Allah is punishing Muslims for their treatment of Israel and Jews.

The people of the book. Jews are the elder statesmen in the region, Muslims are still babies. They need to show more respect for Israel.

Look how Syria has been punished. Look how Iran is suffering under sanctions.

Look how Gaza tunnels have closed.

Allah is sending a clear message to Muslims.

Of course I'm not religious, just musing.

RIP to the victims. Hezbollah did this, no doubt.

Hazzy, enjoy the real face of GCC ^^

Stay where you are. GCC has done a lot not only to Palestine but to many arab countries like yours but sadly don't appreciate anything. You are on your own now. who built Lebanon twice in 2006/2008? Who built Gaza last time I checked my country gave 100 million to PA authority and built 750 housing units.

Check this link @Hazzy997 as well

http://www.srec.org.sa

Stay where you are. GCC has done a lot not only to Palestine but to many arab countries like yours but sadly don't appreciate anything. You are on your own now. who built Lebanon twice in 2006/2008? Who built Gaza last time I checked my country gave 100 million to PA authority and built 750 housing units.

Check this link @Hazzy997 as well

http://www.srec.org.sa

The money means little in this subject, I am not talking about donations, GCC has oil to donate a lot but this is irrelevant here.

Back
Top Bottom