What's new

1000 MW Qaid-e-Azam Solar farm | Updates & Discussions.

How about KPK building a dam on the rivers flowing to Punjab & block their waters? Or how about Sindh build a dam on the border of Sind-Punjab & divert the water to Punjab during floods? Sorry but this is the only reply in my mind after your ignorant post.

KPK already has built such a dam - We don't complain because we're not idiotic enough to be blinded by the ramblings of Politicians; Dams benefit the country whether they are in Sindh, KPK, GB, Baluchistan or Punjab.

People like Shams-ul-Mulk & every technical person worth their salt have been advocating that the Kalabagh Dam benefits the entire country including the Province of KPK the most because it will provide enormous amounts of cultivable land ! Unfortunately we have the tendency of believing that whatever comes out of the mouth of 'our kinda' Politicians many of whom don't even have matriculation degrees are 'facts' & 'informed opinions'.

Had we taken the ethnic route we could've argued that Ayub (a Pukhtoon) & Bhutto (a Sindhi) as his foreign minister sold away our 'rivers' when they wrote the Indus Water Treaty - But we don't...do we ? Because we don't play the ethnic card but if there isn't any reciprocity to this sentiment than we can only take it so much.

oh you guys are arguing about Kalabagh?

It is simple... Dams are like a jug or water bowl... You store it and use it when you need it. You have a flowing river that fetches water to you for like 8 months in a year for example... You store the water in your jug/bowl/tank/dam --- so that when you need to drink water for the rest of the 4 months.. You can drink it from there

It is as simple as it can be explained. There are some disadvantages of building dams but the advantages are far more than disadvantages.

Lets talk about solar energy in this thread please, You have so many other threads open about Kalabagh... Or create a new one

KPK already has built such a dam - We don't complain because we're not idiotic enough to be blinded by the ramblings of Politicians; Dams benefit the country whether they are in Sindh, KPK, GB, Baluchistan or Punjab.

People like Shams-ul-Mulk & every technical person worth their salt have been advocating that the Kalabagh Dam benefits the entire country including the Province of KPK the most because it will provide enormous amounts of cultivable land ! Unfortunately we have the tendency of believing that whatever comes out of the mouth of 'our kinda' Politicians many of whom don't even have matriculation degrees are 'facts' & 'informed opinions'.

Had we taken the ethnic route we could've argued that Ayub (a Pukhtoon) & Bhutto (a Sindhi) as his foreign minister sold away our 'rivers' when they wrote the Indus Water Treaty - But we don't...do we ? Because we don't play the ethnic card but if there isn't any reciprocity to this sentiment than we can only take it so much.

Kalabagh dam is yes beneficial for Pakistan as whole i agree but does the people understand that...? No..., so it is not beneficial as it has potential to create misunderstanding & hatred & hence chaos. Educate the coming generation so they can understand but in the mean time build other dams that are not controversial.

Lets talk about solar energy in this thread please, You have so many other threads open about Kalabagh... Or create a new one

IMO govt should encourage the population to install solar cells in their houses & generate electricity for themselves. Also the new residential schemes/apartments should be pushed for this. Also it should be made in Pakistan which will cut down the cost to half plus create jobs for people in Pakistan.

Hydro power projects are more cheaper , more green and better in every way that these renewable energy project.

Just look at the projects which can be completed to have almost unlimited electricity.

http://www.ppib.gov.pk/Major_Hydro_Projects.pdf.

Best option I think is ,give the contracts to the companies on BOT . Just like what we did with M2 -Lahore Isb motorway.

I am sure if they ask the private companies to invest they are more than willing to go for it. Lets hope this GOV complete the projects which are now in completion phase without any delay.

IMO govt should encourage the population to install solar cells in their houses & generate electricity for themselves. Also the new residential schemes/apartments should be pushed for this. Also it should be made in Pakistan which will cut down the cost to half plus create jobs for people in Pakistan.

Sir Dams are also useful for irrigating lands... You supply the water to barren land... Solar energy is good option but still not so cheap... I still encourage private customers to go for Solar energy if they capacity/money... But dams bring two benefits... 1) Cheaper electricity comparing to Solar and imagine about 6 million acres of land will be irrigated by Kalabagh or 8? million by Diamer Bhasha... What that means is billions of rupees worth of extra production in agricultural sector...

Sir Dams are also useful for irrigating lands... You supply the water to barren land... Solar energy is good option but still not so cheap... I still encourage private customers to go for Solar energy if they capacity/money... But dams bring two benefits... 1) Cheaper electricity comparing to Solar and imagine about 6 million acres of land will be irrigated by Kalabagh or 8? million by Diamer Bhasha... What that means is billions of rupees worth of extra production in agricultural sector...

Sir, i fully support dams but not controversial ones like Kalabagh. Pakistan cannot afford hatred among it's citizens who are mostly illiterate.

Kalabagh dam is yes beneficial for Pakistan as whole i agree but does the people understand that...? No..., so it is not beneficial as it has potential to create misunderstanding & hatred & hence chaos. Educate the coming generation so they can understand but in the mean time build other dams that are not controversial.

I've never said that other Dams shouldn't be built ! By all means build them because we need them but extend us the same courtesy & depoliticize the whole issue - Let us go before a neutral 3rd party (perhaps the ICJ) for dispute resolution !

i think their is dozens of pakistani companies that design and make their own panels.

well, not dozens but a few HOWEVER I think the battery still needs to be imported as it is NOT produced...Maybe they should start working on making ALL the pieces in Pak at high quality that way it would be cheaper than importing and PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY buy it!

2.2 Billion Dollars - > Only 1050 MW

Kala Bagh Dam -> 5 Billion -> 4000 MW -> You get water storage + free savings

Sound like we are wasting 1 Billion dollars
If I am right Pakistan actually has enough money to spend on both IF corruption doesnt happen at EVERY level!

I've never said that other Dams shouldn't be built ! By all means build them because we need them but extend us the same courtesy & depoliticize the whole issue - Let us go before a neutral 3rd party (perhaps the ICJ) for dispute resolution !

Why knock the doors of ICJ & involve others in internal matters? It is not like Kalabagh is last option & without it country will die out? Build other dams in the mean time educate next generations till the time comes it will not remain controversial but if forced it will become a matter of 'ANA' i.e ego.

P.S Still after ICJ verdict the loosing party will politicize the issue further & venom of hatred will be injected to illiterate population.

Why knock the doors of ICJ & involve others in internal matters? It is not like Kalabagh is last option & without it country will die out? Build other dams in the mean time educate next generations till the time comes it will not remain controversial but if forced it will become a matter of 'ANA' i.e ego.

P.S Still after ICJ verdict the loosing party will politicize the issue further & venom of hatred will be injected to illiterate population.

Involving the ICJ is not a matter of contempt - They are there to deliver 'justice' in an impartial manner between two parties who cannot agree & don't trust each other's avenues of justice !

What are the Political Parties going to say ? Punjab bought the judges there ?

The Kalabagh Dam accrues more benefit to us than any other dam in terms of flood control, cultivable land & would directly contribute towards taking millions out of poverty in KPK, Sindh & Southern Punjab than any of the other dams many of whom are found in areas that are unsuited for irrigation canal building ! However never have I said that don't build the other three or that the Kalabagh Dam has to built first...build them....by all means build them but one cannot have this deadlock whereby no one builds the other three dams either & then when we say 'alright' let us build KBD then & then go ape-sh*t on us !

There is problem with this. In Pakistan we are not very much interested in recycling things . Solar panel usually last for 20 years and the batteries they last for 5-10 years.

These wasted solar panels are going to thrown away in the garbage which is going to pollute our lands nd water indirectly effecting our agriculture products.

We only think of short term solution but we sometimes dont consider the long term effects .

KBD is more of a political problem now.

We need some one like Bhutto, who can imply any method necessary to make sure that every one agrees . I hope one day our politicians think a little on national interest rather than self interest.

People in Sindh already paid the price for the self interest of politicians and they will pay for with with life and wealth in the future as well if they keep following their political leaders.

PM Nawaz Sharif today asked Chinese Companies to set up 1000 MW Wind Power Projects in Jhimpir, Sind within 18 months

What do you guys say about this ? Its green energy and also fast to build

@Armstrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom