What's new

100 Taliban militants give up fighting in Afghanistan

Sher Malang

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
One hundred Taliban fighters have laid down arms in Afghanistan and joined a government-backed peace process, an official said on Tuesday.
The militants laid down their arms Monday in Qalai Now, the capital of Badghis province, some 550 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.

Provincial government spokesman Sharafudin Majidi told reporters that the militants were active in Qadis and Muqar districts of the province.

Source: 100 Taliban militants give up fighting in Afghanistan - Hindustan Times

lol Good work they will be recurited in the ANA or police and will come near to nato troops so they can kill nato troops easily good work.

This seems to be a good trend for peace and prosperity in Afghanistan .

lol u count those who join the govenment but u dont count those who leaves the puppet govts.i remember the times when russians were there the same crap 20000 fighter joined the soviet cause and all this non sense.just tell me why do ana and afghan national police kill 100 to 200 nato soliders a year and every year the numbers are rising i know why because u recurit taliban in to ur forces lol good luck fighters are fighter they cant be carpenters and painters.

lol u count those who join the govenment but u dont count those who leaves the puppet govts.i remember the times when russians were there the same crap 20000 fighter joined the soviet cause and all this non sense.just tell me why do ana and afghan national police kill 100 to 200 nato soliders a year and every year the numbers are rising i know why because u recurit taliban in to ur forces lol good luck fighters are fighter they cant be carpenters and painters.

This is not soviet era when they murdered innocent Afghans if they were caught praying, fasting and other religious activities no one has left this government be sure of that!

100 to 200 NATO soldiers are not potatoes so refrain from posting childish stats!

One hundred Taliban fighters have laid down arms in Afghanistan and joined a government-backed peace process, an official said on Tuesday.
The militants laid down their arms Monday in Qalai Now, the capital of Badghis province, some 550 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.

Provincial government spokesman Sharafudin Majidi told reporters that the militants were active in Qadis and Muqar districts of the province.

Source: 100 Taliban militants give up fighting in Afghanistan - Hindustan Times
Can you provide rehabilitation efforts taken for them and how to introduce them back to the society to lead normal life, and policies to ensure they won't revert back. In India, we have such programs, would like to know what's been done in Afghanistan.
Rehabilitation plays a crucial part in bringing down extremism in a region, as it offers second choice to terrorists who are fed up of war and have thoughts of leaving terrorism.

Can you provide rehabilitation efforts taken for them and how to introduce them back to the society to lead normal life, and policies to ensure they won't revert back. In India, we have such programs, would like to know what's been done at Afghanistan.

There comes many TV spots where they show them busy in their lives where many of them are provided local rickshaws, carpenter tools, mechanics, tractors etc.. these funds are with High Peace Council and they supervise the programs.

It Is Good For Afghanistan that Sense In Prevailing In Few Taliban Fighter's. May Be sooner, Other Will Follow There Foot Steps & Leave the Path Of Destruction. Everyone One Would Love To See Happy & Prosperous Afghanistan.

A question for brother Sher Malang... we can't possibly ascertain the motives behind every "Talib" who lays down the arms, but have there been any reports regarding any kind of retribution by their former Taliban buddies for deserting the cause against any of them?

Build a battalion of regular army from the surrendered talibs ably helped by training from Russia and Iran.

Would do a lot good.Worth a thought.

From last 1.5 years nearly 5000 Taliban have laid down their arms and joined the government:

da.azadiradio.org/content/article/24647814.html

Some feel that NATO is becoming war weary. But with assured defence support for Afghan forces for 10 years from 2014 and civil support from other countries, I am doubtful about Taliban surviving the whole distance to be a threat. Normally Afghanistan is graveyard to foreign forces but with the foreign forces gone from 2014 except for the hidden hand of U.S special forces, that foreign factor is removed and I think the sensible ones among Taliban will call it a day. Atmost Taliban will be an insurgency group striking at soft targets.

Build a battalion of regular army from the surrendered talibs ably helped by training from Russia and Iran.

Would do a lot good.Worth a thought.
I think it may backfire....rather understand Taliban more by help of these surrendered Talibanis...take their help in preparing counter strategy.

Bringing them back to battlefield might result in change of heart if they see any sign of wrong doings by ANA or ISAF. We have seen enough ANA shootings on ISAF soldiers for ex. one which resulted due to video posted on US soldiers taking a leak on killed militants.

These people generally wants to have a normal life as they are fed up of fighting or don't believe in cause anymore. If they prosper then many will follow the suit.

Back
Top Bottom