What's new

10 Reasons The Reign Of The Dollar Is About To End

For a credit-based fiat currency to become global it has to circulate outside its home territory. How does that happen? By selling currency-denominated debt which can then be used to purchase goods and services. That's how it worked for the pound and franc; that's how it works for the dollar. The Euro has failed to become a global currency because comparatively little of its Euro-denominated debt has sold outside the Euro-zone, and with the Greek crisis much of that is being repatriated.

China is starting to issue renminbi-denominated debt and that's a step forward, but its currency isn't fully convertible and that will hamper things. The Chinese should be a bit more confident in themselves and realize that the "normal" state of things, historically, is that China has been the world's biggest economy and thus it shouldn't fear the renminbi becoming a world currency.

The U.S. has enjoyed the advantages and suffered the disadvantages of seignorage for decades now. I won't be especially sorry to see the dollar's reign diminished; our politicians will be compelled to make our budgets balance once more, or else debt will be owned more by Americans themselves which should result in greater efficiencies and we'll see manufacturing grow once more.

Today, more than 60 percent of all foreign currency reserves in the world are in U.S. dollars. But there are big changes on the horizon. The mainstream media in the United States has been strangely silent about this, but some of the biggest economies on earth have been making agreements with each other to move away from using the U.S. dollar in international trade.

It will be lesser than 40% of currency reserves few years come, more debt will increase closer to 20 trillions more than GDP. ;)

For a credit-based fiat currency to become global it has to circulate outside its home territory. How does that happen? By selling currency-denominated debt which can then be used to purchase goods and services. That's how it worked for the pound and franc; that's how it works for the dollar. The Euro has failed to become a global currency because comparatively little of its Euro-denominated debt has sold outside the Euro-zone, and with the Greek crisis much of that is being repatriated.

China is starting to issue renminbi-denominated debt and that's a step forward, but its currency isn't fully convertible and that will hamper things. The Chinese should be a bit more confident in themselves and realize that the "normal" state of things, historically, is that China has been the world's biggest economy and thus it shouldn't fear the renminbi becoming a world currency.

The U.S. has enjoyed the advantages and suffered the disadvantages of seignorage for decades now. I won't be especially sorry to see the dollar's reign diminished; our politicians will be compelled to make our budgets balance once more, or else debt will be owned more by Americans themselves which should result in greater efficiencies and we'll see manufacturing grow once more.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I feel compelled to tell you as it don't happen often

you don't become a "fully convertible currency" by wanting it to be one. its VERY HARD to become one and in fact the other countries have been suppressing the RMB.

Scary, isn't it? :)

Solomon I think its easier behind a keyboard to accentuate differences. I sometimes wish I could have a cup odd tea/coffee with those that we disagree with and there might be more common ground than either of us want lol

The BRICS member are talking about making their own brics currency, that will by a big slap in the face for the warmongering americans.

Solomon I think its easier behind a keyboard to accentuate differences. I sometimes wish I could have a cup odd tea/coffee with those that we disagree with and there might be more common ground than either of us want lol

yes, I'd really like to see you say some of your comments. it would be hard to keep a straight face with some of the jokes you crack. :tup:

yes, I'd really like to see you say some of your comments. it would be hard to keep a straight face with some of the jokes you crack. :tup:

contrary to what you think mate I have lots of Indians as friends. I even had a chat with Yetti on the phone (good humored and funny). Believe you me a lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and in response to provocation by your countrymen

contrary to what you think mate I have lots of Indians as friends. I even had a chat with Yetti on the phone (good humored and funny). Believe you me a lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and in response to provocation by your countrymen

no issues here, i do find your posts funny :tup:
makes the day go quicker

I used to think you RAW agent/False Flag but thanks to PDF you are in real world now :P

no issues here, i do find your posts funny :tup:
makes the day go quicker

I mean India and Pakistan two frakked up countries with tons of problems with thieves as leaders and we keep fighting over who is worse off can you believe it:rofl:

china will one day end the reign of the american dollar.
how long that will take i dont know.

china will have to have a pretty powerful military before it unseats the dollar because americans wont be going down without an almighty fight.

china will one day end the reign of the american dollar.
how long that will take i dont know.

china will have to have a pretty powerful military before it unseats the dollar because americans wont be going down without an almighty fight.

I reckon within 9.5 years. I been predicting that for 6 months

Back
Top Bottom