• Thursday, June 4, 2020

ZERO TOLERANCE Policy towards Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Manticore, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Dubious

Dubious RETIRED MOD

Ratings:
    +81 / 72,233 / -0
    Pakistan
    So now a Pakistani cant write about what he pleases coz some pompous indian may see themselves in their writing and get offended? :o:

2. Karan Gulati

Karan Gulati BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 309 / -1
    India
    I have seen @Akheilos and @Shamain posting

@Oscar @Manticore @Icarus @Slav Defence

If you read their posts you will realize that these girls/boys do not know how to address people. Most of the time they discuss people instead of discussing topics. Just read their posts and you will find 9 out of 10 times they would be discussing Indian members. I request you to kindly ban these two girls/boys permanently.

3. Icarus

Icarus RETIRED MOD

Ratings:
    +79 / 14,840 / -0
    Pakistan
    Closed for moderation

4. Manticore

Manticore RETIRED MOD

Ratings:
    +112 / 18,037 / -0
    Pakistan
    We have thousands of reported posts and few active mods.. neither am I active myself as much as I used to be. Its not mod bias but inactivity of the mods. To plug this gap we are in the process of adding 2 more mods .. of the 2, we have already added icarus.

Let bygones be bygones--- please concentrate in the present. After the implementation of the rule please let us know if some one breaks it.

My thread was for all members to show solidarity in upholding a common cause not bickering on past bitter experiences. It is BECAUSE of those experiences that we have taken this initiative.

5. WAJsal

WAJsal SENIOR MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +212 / 13,523 / -0
    Pakistan
    Yes that was incorrect, we should never generalize. Report and mods will look into it.
    I am sure in future you will not have such complains, problem was inactive mods. Webmaster and moderation team is looking into it and have added Icarus, i am sure that in future mods will do their best.

Noted, from this point i will start taking screen shots and report them in Analyst forum. Sir, another problem is that those who do get banned for such comments or etc, etc reasons make multiple ID. A poster has had this problem(one of many), new members harassing her-clearly same member who was banned. Personally i tried my best-again i would say good to see Mods taking this problem seriously.

Anyone, be it a male or a female, they will be banned for using incorrect language and getting personal-regardless of their nationality.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  6. Maarkhoor

Maarkhoor ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51 / 24,695 / -8
    Pakistan
  7. vsdoc

vsdoc BANNED

Ratings:
    +3 / 8,031 / -6
    India
  8. Levina

Levina BANNED

Ratings:
    +60 / 37,143 / -1
    India
    2 mods?
    Hyperion (neutral and no-nonsense kinda person)

Just my humble opinion!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  9. Spectre

Spectre SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 5,968 / -6
    India
    Seconded.

10. Slav Defence

Slav Defence THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +118 / 15,733 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thread has been made sticky for complains against sexual harassment.

A)To female posters:
    Females are strongly advised for not to:
    1-Share personal info
    2-Disclose personal ID
    3-Taking part in profane discussions.
    4-Try not to interact with trolls.
    5-Use some common sense:Look at the post,focus upon words and google it if you don't know the meanings.
    6-Prefer to report rather than responding back to trolls.
    7-Other members are requested to give moral support to harassed victim,unless mods are there,but without responding back with profanity.
    8-Try to make positive contributions and try for not to waste your time and energy with chit chat threads.You can learn a lot here about defence and military. Grab the opportunity now.

B)To members:

1-Behave yourselves.
    2-Look at 7(A)
    3-If you find someone doing abuse in stealth manner,than report the post immediately.
    4-If you are planning to have fun as discussed in 3(B) then you are committing suicide,remember that.

C)To Title holders:

1-As per criteria,rate negative upon abuse.
    2-If you were found doing such shameful act then you will be demoted immediately.
    3-To support a female victim,in mod's absence you can hit rating option as well.You all know that -3 to a post will hide it,thus preventing further embarrassment.Hence,it is your responsibility to be gentle with females and to give them all help and support they want to learn and to settle themselves in PDF environment.

Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Oscar @WebMaster @Horus @Icarus @jaibi @Irfan Baloch @Manticore

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 9
  11. Slav Defence

Ratings:
    +118 / 15,733 / -0
    Pakistan
    You don't need to.It is a part of nature and sexual dimorphism as a consequence of which you can clearly observe behavioral difference as well as difference in their dialect.Besides,use some common sense,you can see their profile where gender has been mentioned.
    regards

12. Viny

Viny SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 3,700 / -20
    India
    Very good move ...
    Highly appreciate. Other than this it would be nice to add few females into moderation team, so that females are represented well and can look into things from females prospective.

Also would like to know how can a female send a private message to mod teams if she is facing certain issues.

13. Slav Defence

Ratings:
    +118 / 15,733 / -0
    Pakistan
    Sadly,we don't have enough choices for females for moderatorship.It is huge responsibility and a lot of patience is needed to encounter trolls.Also,you need to have a natural instinct while choosing amongst wide variety of options.For example poster X had got ban while Y was only warned albeit both were indulge in fight or trolling.Now why?only mod knows and so administration.
    So,things don't appear as easy as members think.
    Regarding PM,forget females..even males can PM mods.
    regards

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Shamain

Shamain SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 5,735 / -2
    Pakistan
    Ok i have a small complaint related to use of certain words and iwill only tag u in ghq.

15. Slav Defence

Ratings:
    +118 / 15,733 / -0
    Pakistan
    We will ban them as well.Profanity is itself violation with accordance to forum rules.
    regards