The coalition said on Monday it would commit $1.5 billion in new humanitarian aid for Yemen. It will also “lead the expansion of additional Yemeni ports” to receive cargo and humanitarian assistance, ensure several daily flights of cargo planes carrying aid from Saudi Arabia to Marib province, and establish “safe passage corridors” to ensure the delivery of aid to non-governmental organizations inside Yemen. The expansion of ports will be supported with up to $40 million from the coalition, which will also allocate up to $30 million to cover transport costs of non-humanitarian shipments intended for the port of Hodeidah, in Houthi-held territory, to “their intended destinations in Yemen.” Additionally, Saudi Arabia will make a donation of up to $2 billion in fuel for the transport of humanitarian aid. “When the Houthis launch missiles at Saudi Arabia they expect a big reaction, and that is true, our reaction is huge — and that is to increase our help and aid to the Yemeni people,” said Mohammed Al-Jaber, the Saudi Ambassador to Yemen. Coalition spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said: “The Houthis try to provoke the coalition through their missiles and their attacks, but we fight back with giving more humanitarian aid. “The coalition is placing its military resources at the disposal of these broad-ranging humanitarian operations. We are backing a professionally planned and detailed humanitarian mission with military power and precision to guarantee that the humanitarian aid reaches the people who need it, to ease their suffering.” Saudi Arabia and its embassies abroad have been keen to promote humanitarian efforts in Yemen, including a deposit of $2 billion in Yemen’s Central Bank last week to support the Yemeni riyal. The currency slid further against the dollar late last year after the coalition blocked access to all of Yemen’s ports for several weeks in response to a Houthi missile launched at Riyadh. File photo By Murat al-Arifi SANAA http://aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/yemen-s-deputy-interior-minister-escapes-houthi-attack/1038860 Yemen’s deputy interior minister has escaped a missile attack by Houthi rebels in the south-western Taiz province on Monday, which left 11 people dead, according to military and medical sources. Houthi rebels shelled a military parade attended by Naser Lakhshaa and senior military officials in al-Khayyami barracks in southern Taiz, a military source said on condition of anonymity because he was not unauthorized to speak to media. “Eleven people were killed and dozens injured in the attack,” medic Moaz Mahyub told Anadolu Agency. The pro-Houthi Al-Masira television, citing a military source, confirmed the attack, saying the barracks were hit by a ballistic missile. Yemen has been dogged by chaos since 2014, when Houthi rebels overran much of the country, including capital Sanaa, forcing the Saudi-backed government to set up an interim capital in the city of Aden. One year later, Saudi Arabia and its Sunni-Arab allies -- who accuse the Houthis of serving as an Iranian proxy -- launched a massive military campaign in Yemen aimed at rolling back the Houthis’ territorial gains.