What's new

Why I am jealous of CHINESE BULLET TRAINS 为什么我如此“嫉妒”中国的高铁

Char

Mar 31, 2018
Country
China
These videos have the same format with Jason Mr. Kingcobra.

Very weird.
China's high-speed rail is indeed good. Fast, punctual and clean. There are so many foreigners who have tried it. Do you think China needs to promote this?

Mav3rick

Oct 4, 2008
Country
Pakistan
Can we outsource all Train systems to the Chinese? In an ideal world, we would have Maglev trains travelling at Mach 1 or faster connecting us to the entire Continental Europe and Asia.

Char

Mar 31, 2018
Country
China
Can we outsource all Train systems to the Chinese? In an ideal world, we would have Maglev trains travelling at Mach 1 or faster connecting us to the entire Continental Europe and Asia.
Pakistan can first popularize two-line electric trains with a speed of 160 kilometers per hour. Then pilot the high-speed railway from Islamabad to Lahore. After the high-speed railway is popularized, the 160-kilometer-per-hour railway mainly undertakes freight transportation.

Mav3rick

Oct 4, 2008
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan can first popularize two-line electric trains with a speed of 160 kilometers per hour. Then pilot the high-speed railway from Islamabad to Lahore. After the high-speed railway is popularized, the 160-kilometer-per-hour railway mainly undertakes freight transportation.
Why can't we jump the generation directly to Bullet/Maglev? Especially if it is financed by some other entity on BOT basis.

Char

Mar 31, 2018
Country
China
Why can't we jump the generation directly to Bullet/Maglev? Especially if it is financed by some other entity on BOT basis.
High-speed rail is almost always passenger transportation, and the cost is much higher. High-speed rail and ordinary rail will coexist for a long time.

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
I am sure building the infrastructure for bullet trains and maintaining it will take as much or even more money than working with airplanes.

USA seems to get along fine without bullet trains.

and more comfortable I think.
Well, cramming a Airbus A380 with 853 passengers can be avoided in favor of the same plane with much lesser number of passengers but with good legroom and multiple toilets and wider aisles.

Getting on and off airplanes are always a pain.
I haven't been on an airplane but I think I won't be that bothered. :)

Chinese bullet trains are just China's interpretation of what development should be like. All that new-found Chinese wealth ( in Capitalist terms ) and China is going in wrong directions with privately-owned personal transport cars, 30-storey buildings, bullet trains, dealings with Taliban, neo-colonialism and other such trappings.

REhorror

Jul 16, 2021
Country
Viet Nam
I haven't been on an airplane but I think I won't be that bothered. :)
Dude, are you freaking serious? Each time the plane takes off and gets down you WILL be bothered.

Anyway, I have never been on a bullet train, but I regularly attend flights and the french TGV once, the train is much more comfort and provide much more space than economy class flight.

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
but I regularly attend flights and the french TGV once, the train is much more comfort and provide much more space than economy class flight.
Can you post a picture of the types of economy class you have traveled in ?

And airplanes are a universal method. The same airport and technology can be used to travel within the country as well as outside.

REhorror

Jul 16, 2021
Country
Viet Nam
Can you post a picture of the types of economy class you have traveled in ?

And airplanes are a universal method. The same airport and technology can be used to travel within the country as well as outside.
Sure: https://flic.kr/p/8WxxEd This is inside of A321, and this is supposed to be one of the comfy ones.

But it's really not comfortable compared to the TGV ride:

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
Sure: https://flic.kr/p/8WxxEd This is inside of A321, and this is supposed to be one of the comfy ones.

But it's really not comfortable compared to the TGV ride:
Qatar Airways A380 business class :

How will you compare the above to your TGV train ?

And Qatar Airways A350 business class. Called in the picture source as the world's best business class :

You can make all this normal to economy class and have a single class if the governments and the airlines agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom