What's new

Why Do PAF F-16s Support Two Serial Numbers ?

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Guys, I'm intrigued as why does the PAF F-16 Fleet displays two different serial numbers.
Take the F-16B in which the COAS took a flight, under the canopy it's marked as F-16B Serial Number 920457. ''92'' being the year of manufacture followed by the registration. However, the same aircraft displays the serial number as ''623'' both on the nose and tail. Is this something to do the difference between the manufacturers and operators details or something else. Also in the third image, once again what appears to be an engine is mounted as a Trophy monument. Does anyone know it's origins or history?

@Hodor @Adam_Khan @messiach @khanasifm @WiderMan @Knuckles

number.png

serial.png

why.png

Darth Vader

Jun 19, 2011
Country
Norway
Guys, I'm intrigued as why does the PAF F-16 Fleet displays two different serial numbers.
Take the F-16B in which the COAS took a flight, under the canopy it's marked as F-16B Serial Number 920457. ''92'' being the year of manufacture followed by the registration. However, the same aircraft displays the serial number as ''623'' both on the nose and tail. Is this something to do the difference between the manufacturers and operators details or something else. Also in the third image, once again what appears to be an engine is mounted as a Trophy monument. Does anyone know it's origins or history?

View attachment 592693

View attachment 592694

View attachment 592696
i can bet that , if indian media saw this they will say Pakistan trying hide that shot down f16

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2009
Country
Pakistan
i can bet that , if indian media saw this they will say Pakistan trying hide that shot down f16
The idiots are already mouthing off nonsense that the COAS didn't trust the Air chief, hence both flew separately, little do these losers know that any services chiefs never fly together.

I have circled the piece which is on a permanent display at Sargodha Base, wonder if it's the front section of an Indian Air Force MiG-21/SU-7 or something else.

why2.png

mingle

Apr 4, 2015
Country
Pakistan
The idiots are already mouthing off nonsense that the COAS didn't trust the Air chief, hence both flew separately, little do these losers know that any services chiefs never fly together.

I have circled the piece which is on a permanent display at Sargodha Base, wonder if it's the front section of an Indian Air Force MiG-21/SU-7 or something else.

View attachment 592717
Looks SU 7

SABRE

Apr 16, 2007
Country
Pakistan

View attachment 592717
Not only do the procedures prevent the service chiefs from flying together they also prevent the air chief from flying on his own. He needs an active GDP to fly with him, or more precisely, fly him. When a pilot has been at a desk job for considerable period his flying days are basically over. Air Chief may be the boss of entire organization but he is unlikely to go against the procedures. Thus, even if the air chief wanted to fly the army chief the rules and regulations won't allow him to handle the flight by himself and there is no space for the third pilot on a fighter either. Both men have to be flown by active GDPs.

Last edited:

GriffinsRule

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan

View attachment 592693

View attachment 592694

View attachment 592696
@Windjammer The second serial number you see what the USAF assigned to the jet. This aircraft was one of the 28 embargoed F-16s. It's initial PAF serial was supposed to be 94623. In USAF service it was given the serial number 92-0457.
In PAF, the first two digits are "usually" the year it entered service. That's the case for the initial 40, the ex-JAF ones or the block 52s. In case of the original embargoed ones, looks like we kept the year of manufacture like the USAF had.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/airframe-profile/3766/

Can see the history of the each F-16 there

Darth Vader

Jun 19, 2011
Country
Norway

View attachment 592717
They forgot what happened with Zia when all flew together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom