• Sunday, January 26, 2020

Who Was The Best Fighter Pilot Ever ?

Discussion in 'Military History & Tactics' started by Muradk, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Jabar 1

Jabar 1 PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 253 / -0
    From what I know he died in a helicopter crash in UK

2. Wingman

Wingman FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 241 / -0
    I heard he died due to natural causes...i am not sure about it..

3. Desert Fox

Desert Fox ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35 / 16,617 / -7
    Pakistan
    come on, the Arab's can't be that bad? I'm sure some of them got some kills!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Super Falcon

Super Falcon ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,120 / -5
    Pakistan
    MM ALAM for me without a doubt he was best

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Vassnti

Vassnti SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,421 / -0
    New Zealand
    The question depends totaly on who you ask.

From a aircraft maintenance officer the one who doesnt f*** up the aircraft he just fixed.

Ask a pilot and he will say why me of course.

From the british infantry any one who doesnt give him air support.

But the best has to be one that can learn on the job.

09ac69ed00a265756ee056c9f37a55b8.jpg

Military Jokes Military Humor

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Gasht

Gasht FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 69 / -0
    dude the guy who flew straight into the wall of 3 to 4 story (pentagon) building was a Saudi pilot, i highly doubt even some americans wouldn't be able to pull off that Manoeuvre

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. zraver

zraver PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +0 / 192 / -0
    [/quote]Who was the best fighter pilot ever? This is a question often debated, and never settled. Manfred von Richtoven (better known as the Red Baron of World War I) is one such contender. Another is Erich Hartmann, who is the all-time kills leader with 352 in World War II. Was it David McCampbell, who shot down nine aircraft in a single sortie on October 24, 1944? A case could be made for each of them, but the fact is, one cannot really determine who the best of all time was.[/quote]

From Sept 1941 onwards it can only be Hans-Joachim Marseille. What he did after that date is impossible to believe if not for the witnesses. 388 combat flights and a total of 158 kills

His attack method to break up formations, which he perfected, resulted in a high lethality ratio, and in rapid, multiple victories per attack. On 3 June 1942, Marseille attacked alone a formation of 16 Curtiss P-40 fighters and shot down six aircraft of No. 5 Squadron SAAF, five of them in six minutes, including three aces: Robin Pare (six victories), Douglas Golding (6.5 victories) and Andre Botha (five victories). His wingman Rainer Pöttgen, nicknamed Fliegendes Zählwerk the ("Flying Counting Machine"),[43] said of this fight:

All the enemy were shot down by Marseille in a turning dogfight. As soon as he shot, he needed only to glance at the enemy plane. His pattern [of gunfire] began at the front, the engine's nose, and consistently ended in the cockpit. How he was able to do this not even he could explain. With every dogfight he would throttle back as far as possible; this enabled him to fly tighter turns. His expenditure of ammunition in this air battle was 360 rounds (60 per kill)

1 September 1942 had been Marseille's most successful day, destroying 17 enemy aircraft, and September would see him score 54 kills, his most productive month.[46] The 17 enemy aircraft shot down included eight in 10 minutes, as a result of this feat he was presented with a type 82 Volkswagen Kübelwagen by an Italian Regia Aeronautica squadron, on which his Italian comrades had painted "Otto" (Italian language: Otto = eight).[47] This was the most aircraft from Western Allied air forces shot down by a single pilot in one day.[48] Only one pilot, Emil "Bully" Lang on 4 November 1943, would better this score, against the Soviet Air Force on the Eastern Front.[49]

I know of no other pilot that could go 16:1 with some of the 16 be aces and win, and no other pilot ever did so well vs the RAF. Of his 158 kills, all but 2 were fighters not bombers or transports.

8. Karakoram8 Eagle

Karakoram8 Eagle FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 48 / -0
    BEST PILOT MM ALAM 5 SHOTS IN ONLY 1 MINUTE....!:smitten::smitten::pakistan::smitten: :pakistan: :victory::yahoo:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Karakoram8 Eagle

Ratings:
    +0 / 48 / -0
    ANY CONFUSION HERE....?:what:

10. Karakoram8 Eagle

Ratings:
    +0 / 48 / -0
    I think You ArE RiGhT buddy...?:mps:

11. Karakoram8 Eagle

Ratings:
    +0 / 48 / -0
    What A pilot flying so low i think he is crazy...?
    :pakistan:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. AZADPAKISTAN2009

AZADPAKISTAN2009 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47 / 30,628 / -2
    Pakistan
    Wow ... I have to agree that is a fantastic record

13. Muradk

Muradk ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 3,690 / -0
    He is not flying low can get grounded now a days. You can zoom in and out.

14. F86 Saber

F86 Saber FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,039 / -0
    Pakistan
    Sir i just want to know if the record set by Mr. Aalam is "Claimed" or "Accepted" and "Confirmed" ???

15. keebler

keebler FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 9 / -0
    John Boyd was the best fighter pilot in the world, and possibly ever. At least, John Boyd was the best fighter pilot in America. He returned from a combat tour in Korea to become an instructor at the Fighter Weapons School, the Air Force's premier dog-fighting academy at Nellis Air Force Base out in the desert 10 miles north of Las
    Vegas. There he was known as "40-Second Boyd," the pilot who could defeat any
    opponent in simulated air-to-air combat in less than 40 seconds. Like any gunslinger
    with a nickname and a reputation, Boyd was challenged. Some of the best pilots
    in the Air Force called him out at one time or another. So did the best pilots in the Navy
    and the Marines. So did exchange pilots from a half-dozen countries. He took on the
    best pilots in the free world. But no man could be found who was better in the air than
    John Boyd. Boyd was more than a great stick and rudder man; he was that rarest of
    creatures - a thinking fighter pilot. Anyone familiar with the Air Force can tell you two
    things with confidence: One, fighter pilots are known for testosterone, not gray matter;
    and, two, military doctrine is dictated by generals. But in 1960 when he was a young
    captain, John Boyd developed and wrote "The Aerial Attack Study" which became
    official Air Force doctrine, the bible of air combat; first in America, and then, when it
    was declassified, for air forces around the world. Put another way, John Boyd, while still
    a junior officer, changed the way every air force in the world flies and fights.

Look him up.

• Thanks Thanks x 2