What's new

Whatever

SIPRA

BANNED
Mar 31, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Thank you paa ji. In my free time I write a funny and satirical blog with cartoons. The blog is a commercial failure, but I make it a point to write 2-3 articles every week, because my wife has a hearty laugh after reading it. I do it only for her. We all need just one person to make our life worth it. If all of us had that one person, we would have a beautiful world.

You are right. There is perhaps no life, whatever worth it is, without some strong attachment to another person. Bertrand Russell, being an agnostic, gave a great weightage to this aspect.

Blueindian

Apr 24, 2022
Country
India

Let me explain what the issue is .
Sainik school is basically military boarding school , admission is very hard to get .
When one aspires to join the army in later life, those who are part of national cadet Corps or students of sainik schools are preferred over others

Because these kids are disciplined etc from earlier age itself.
Now IAS is indian administrative service aka babudom aka bureaucracy, which are rulers of india in reality
So if a poor kid becomes a ias officer, a collector of a zila or district in start he basically rules that district

There are sainik schools in Bihar but as usual, to get admissions there is very tough

Sainthood 101

Jul 24, 2021
Country
Pakistan

Let me explain what the issue is .
Sainik school is basically military boarding school , admission is very hard to get .
When one aspires to join the army in later life, those who are part of national cadet Corps or students of sainik schools are preferred over others

Because these kids are disciplined etc from earlier age itself.
Now IAS is indian administrative service aka babudom aka bureaucracy, which are rulers of india in reality
So if a poor kid becomes a ias officer, a collector of a zila or district in start he basically rules that district

There are sainik schools in Bihar but as usual, to get admissions there is very tough
mera naam hai ch... :lol:

Blueindian

Apr 24, 2022
Country
India
Who cares about these media folks , only those who can't do anything else in life.
Take a course in mass communications
Ther are dime a dozen media folks .
Only watchable channels in india are. DD news , its channels in regional languages like dd kashir, dd telugu etc. And prasar bharti radio network.
These are government owned , but these are the most unbiased sources without any and I mean any partisan bias.
Unlike private channels

Where you are from ?

jamahir

BANNED
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
they were Turkic or Central Asian people who were Muslim - you were fighting them not only you Muslims of present-day Pakistan(yes they were Muslims at the time- we have been Muslim since 10th-11th century) have had much much more brutal encounters with these forces, the likes of which you never experienced, some of our heroes, festivals celebrated fights against these forces, I don't know how can anyone mix us with them lol, clans still argue over who killed Ghori, (Now not saying some didn't support them- history is complicated ghaznawid General who marched into Persia for ghaznavid was a Hindu jat- ancient times is complicated )
Some clans supported them, some had fights, depending on the situation alliances switched and the region was in a constant state of rebellion against Delhi which was ruled by Muslim kingdoms (same empires yall despise for being Muslims- their rebellion threat was a many a time from Muslims regions not hindu) and this region was Muslim majority too
(they were in rebellion mode when they were non-Muslim and Delhi was non-Muslim too but that's another matter, I see this as a cultural trait more than religious) - how can you make such simplistic views of fighting "Islam" or "Muslims", it's childish

Yes, history is mixed. For example, Akbar had a trusted Hindu general in form of Man Singh who was one the Navratans of Akbar's court and Man Singh fought against Hindu rajas. This Wikipedia page more about Man Singh. OTOH with the Hindu Maratha raja Shivaji there were many Muslim commanders :
Shivaji Kon Hota? recounts the role which numerous Muslim commanders played in Shivaji’s armed forces. There were at least 13 major Muslim commanders or soldiers in Shivaji’s army: Siddhi Hilal, Daulat Khan, Ibrahim Khan, Kazi Haider, Siddi Ibrahim, Siddi Wahwah, Noorkhan Beg, Shama Khan, Hussain Khan Miyani, Siddi Mistri, Sultan Khan, Dawood Khan and Madari Mehetar.
@Blueindian, you as a Maratha or a Marathi person will find the above quote interesting and its article very interesting.

jamahir

BANNED
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
It is an auto immune disorder. While there are medicines for it (HCQS), they cause blindness in some people. She already has impaired eyesight since childhood and has been struggling with vision.

It is so nice that you married her knowing her progressive condition and respected her as a person. :tup:

Wood

Mar 30, 2013
Country
India
Sir ji,
Saari zindagi hi udhaar ki hai. Jab se paida huay hai, countdown shuroo ho gaya hai.
My wife has a health disorder which is incurable. It is slowly destroying her organs. For this reason we could never have children also. I never bothered about it. I want to make sure that whatever time we have in this world, we enjoy it to the fullest, without stress and hate.

In Sanskrit we have a term called 'Kshan Bhangur', meaning 'destroyed in a moment'. Life is like that, destroyed in moment. Pata nahin kab full stop aa jaye.
Wish I could unread this 😭

StraightEdge

Jan 21, 2021
Country
India
I don't know if you follow Max Fosh in youtube, you can check this guy. He does some really unique stuff. Couple of video I recommend -

jamahir

BANNED
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
I am saying that a small clique of Koreans has no rights to select the government for all the Koreans.
South Korea is now a fullblown democracy and North Korea is about as authoritarian as You can get.
For South Korea this means job accomplished.
How many North Koreans have a say in how the country should be governed?

I am replying here because it would be considered off-topic there. Can an ordinary British citizen or American citizen stand in the parliaments there and make known his or her views on matters of the city, of national and international decisions that the government is making ? Oh yes, in India's the citizens can sit in the two national parliaments ( yes, two ) but only as spectators. They cannot participate. The indian parliaments, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, are modeled on the British House of Commons and House of Lords. Lok in Hindi means people but the people, the masses, the citizens cannot speak in the parliament nor have any direct say in the running of the country so how do you claim that the Anglo political system that forms basis of the Western bloc is democracy ? It is anti-democracy really.

And forget about NATO nonsense ratings like "Demoracy Index". The Libyan Jamahiriya was the first true democracy in the modern world - Venezuela is now enabling that system locally - but Libyan Jamahiriya would rate very low on this "Democracy Index" and the plutocratic, thieving, war mongering American government would rate very high. :lol:

A.P. Richelieu

Dec 20, 2013
Country
Sweden
I am replying here because it would be considered off-topic there. Can an ordinary British citizen or American citizen stand in the parliaments there and make known his or her views on matters of the city, of national and international decisions that the government is making ? Oh yes, in India's the citizens can sit in the two national parliaments ( yes, two ) but only as spectators. They cannot participate. The indian parliaments, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, are modeled on the British House of Commons and House of Lords. Lok in Hindi means people but the people, the masses, the citizens cannot speak in the parliament nor have any direct say in the running of the country so how do you claim that the Anglo political system that forms basis of the Western bloc is democracy ? It is anti-democracy really.

And forget about NATO nonsense ratings like "Demoracy Index". The Libyan Jamahiriya was the first true democracy in the modern world - Venezuela is now enabling that system locally - but Libyan Jamahiriya would rate very low on this "Democracy Index" and the plutocratic, thieving, war mongering American government would rate very high. :lol:
Anyone can speak their mind in public due to freedom of speech, and if they can convince enough people that they are worth listening to, then they can get elected into parliament and then they can speak.

With an 8 hour working day, you got around 7,5 million seconds per year. The United Kingdom has 67 million inhabitants. Each citizen therefore can be allocated a time of 100 milliseconds.

So the idea that each citizen should be allowed to speak in parliament is not practical.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom