• Tuesday, August 11, 2020

What a torture what an embarrassment why we let some put our nation through this?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by omegalamba7XL9, Nov 23, 2019.

1. PakSword

PakSword MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +52 / 27,954 / -0
    Pakistan
    Yeah I was a fast bowler in my team.. My weight was 55 and height 5'11". Now I am over 85 kgs lolll

2017 champions trophy performance, in my honest opinion, was a fluke. And I don't consider T-20 as a valid format to gauge team's performance, hard work and talent. Shorten the format further and we will produce hitters who can win us 10 or 5 overs world cups.

There's no talent being polished in Pakistan for quite a long time, believe me. The names of legends you have mentioned in your comment, we can't have similar talent if we don't give our generation enough resources, and hold competitions from a very young school age..

If you see Pakistan's performance in snooker, you see some amazing performances and some trophies at international level. Nowadays, our youth is playing snooker, carem, ludo and cards at tea shops after 9 pm every evening. I remember we would wake up at 6 am at least 3 days a week to do net practice (because that is comparatively cooler time in all day). We used to have darker complexion on the exposed body parts such as face and arms because of too much exposure to sunlight. Sometime back I heard a teen telling his dad that he doesn't want to play cricket in the sun because his complexion would turn dark. In our time, we didn't have networked video games.. so got bored playing alone quickly. Nowadays young boys talk to each other during video game play so they don't need to socialize. Mobile phone has taken away a lot of time, and parents also don't stop children from wasting their time on these gadgets. Mafias have also contributed by taking away the few spaces/ grounds available, or turning them into garbage fields.

I visited Australia in 2014, I saw teenagers playing field hockey and football in the fields.. I saw youth playing too many other physical games (other than cricket). That's simply missing in Pakistan. Our youth is being destroyed and we can't do much to save it. We might see Pakistan cricket at the level of Zimbabwe in 10 years.

2. Musafir117

Musafir117 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 7,191 / -5
    Pakistan
    lol
    Webby Bhai this one is very old excuse now.
    22 croor mein se 11 bhi nikal rahe such a shame where an ex legend a PM now.

3. Mentee

Mentee ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 17,755 / -2
    Pakistan
    Sir IT'S deeply routed in the history of Indus and no amount of liberal vibes could completely negate it. May be time could be of help to erode IT? Buttt shall be preferred over niazi by a good majority, bs zra eho puranay intellectual baabay phurak jaaan:oops:

Asslam alaiqum sir :partay:

• Thanks Thanks x 1