• Wednesday, December 12, 2018

waterproduction and -distribution as a peaceplan for Israelis, Palestinians, and their neighbours.

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by peacefan, Mar 5, 2018.

1. peacefan

peacefan SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 585 / -0
    Netherlands
    i took another look at the map, after reviewing my 'saltwater to freshwater on sunlight using existing components' thread ( https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/salt...nd-salt-full-technical-specs-for-free.532606/ ),

and the Dead Sea, it's very very salty, right? Not much use as water-production. Plus, it's called the Dead Sea because it receives no extra water anymore.

so i propose this simple solution to the problem of settlements and holding of strategic ground (which is always related to protecting furtile farm land) : expand furtile farmland into the deserts, not by means of chemical filters, but by a Mediterranean seawater to freshwater infrastructure[1] that would serve an even more vital function to the populations living in those areas, than roads for cars (proverbially speaking of course).

[1] from Egypt, Israel(!), Lebanon, Syria and Turkey, all throughout the mentioned countries *and* the water-locked countries of Palestine and Jordan.
    To any Israelis reading this (and i might just post this thread to the Mossad via email later on) : why do you think the Palestinians are so land-hungry eh? BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GROW THEIR OWN CROPS.
    Much like you Israelis have reasonable national priorities (a strong military) of your own that you won't let go of, i don't think the Palestinians are going to let go of their desire to grow their own crops and expand their territory into Jordan.

{ EDIT, 10 minutes later : i've now emailed this thread to the Israeli, US and Dutch governments and to several Dutch and US mass media corporations. }

only when you start to truly co-operate with eachother for the long-term in that region, will you be able to build and protect this water infrastructure.
    only if you encourage eachother to have smaller more prosperous and peaceful families, and give up (as nations and leaders) *some* of your own lands (on an as-needed basis) not only to the rich but to the poor as well, will you enjoy true peace and prosperity.
    that's not me trying to be a Nostradamus, that's me explaining something that is common sense to me.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-s...nai-to-saudi-mega-city-official-idUKKBN1GH02G

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. peacefan

peacefan SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 585 / -0
    Netherlands
    i took yet another look at the map, and from an objective detached standpoint,

considering also that population growth everywhere is a real factor,

i conclude that the Palestinians and the Kurds need a safe place to live and thrive.

i propose that the area boxed in by the northern border of the Harrat al Harrah conservation park in Saudi-Arabia,
    all the way to the southern border of the forested 33.030386, 37.242080 coordinates in Syria,
    expanding east towards the town of Al Bukamal in Syria,

is *all* undeveloped desert area.

it could be handed to the Palestinians and the Kurds, after enough initial development is done to make it habitable.
    i figure you need the water infrastructure plan listed as a link at the very top of this thread's first page,
    and some plain black dirt, to be mixed with sand, some earthworms, some initial plantlife that doesnt need to get harvested but which can be chopped up into the ground (don't rely on furtalizers only, try to keep your new farms as organic as possible, even using natural predators to get rid of plant pests),
    and try to create an interesting landscape out of that desert.
    leaders might ask : what's in it for me? seems like nothing but a huge cost post.

but developing an area according to Islamic funding standards (no interest), still repays itself by the development of new technology that ultimately supports a healthy peaceful economy with an attractive tourist industry.

oil is being phased out folks. pumping money into fancy buildings and weapon industries is going to bankrupt you one day.

prepare now, by turning the desert green with plants and farms and modest cities with plenty of trees (for which you're going to need that idea listed at the very top of this thread via a link to another pdf thread of mine)..

and handing over the land to the Palestinians and the Kurds would create a lot of peace and political stability.

too many Muslims still think conquest is the only way to glory and a place in the history books.

a much better way to end up in the history books, is for turning the desert green using renewable energy,
    ending a seemingly never-ending war by having the balls and the guts and the wisdom and the compassion,
    to give up significant pieces of land (that *aren't being used anyways at the moment),
    to help your Muslim brothers and sisters create a peaceful prosperous life for themselves and become *useful* without getting exploited, to their neighbors (and the rest of the world too).

it's so much better than advocating as Arabs to the Palestinians that dying in war carries the promise to let you end up in the most comfortable Heaven Allah has created, for helping (voluntarily or not) to keep the war going.

how do you think Allah will judge you for telling a person he or she is going to His highest Heaven if they die in combat against a foe that can't be defeated or restrained at all using the military power that you can ever bring to field?
    Do you think you, or that person you send to their premature, violent death, is actually going to that Highest Heaven level Allah offers to a few?

Or is it the kind of person who peacefully works to realize ideas like listed in this thread that goes there,
    and those that keep the war going would go to a lesser level of Heaven or even Hell, depending on how deceived they were by others.

That's about as much as i want or need to bring religion into this.
    I just have issues with a God who keeps His people in futile never-ending war.

3. peacefan

peacefan SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 585 / -0
    Netherlands
    google search 'fresh water sea water sunlight' - this will help a lot too.
    https://www.google.nl/search?q=fres...rome..69i57.5382j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4. peacefan

peacefan SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 585 / -0
    Netherlands
    it seems limited work is already being done, and i applaud that loudly :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli–Palestinian_economic_peace_efforts#Valley_of_Peace_Initiative

The current borders in the middle east were drawn up by the west in WW1, and as we see since the war on terror and the simultaneous escalation of long-standing inter-Muslim conflicts, these borders *should* be up for discussion.

http:\//www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-25299553
    see also google search-results for 'redrawing borders middle east'
    but i strongly suggest you go about redrawing your borders slowly and wisely and compassionately, instead of seeking too much change at the same time. you need to prove to your people that once borders are redrawn, there are massive real-life profits to be had for everybody in those regions and the bordering regions.

the Palestinians and the Kurds would be a good place to start.

You need about 10 to 20 years to pre-develop the farm-land from desert terrain though!
    I hope you choose to scale up soon.