• Monday, December 17, 2018

Vice President of India embarks on three-nation visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania

Discussion in 'Central & South Asia' started by Hindustani78, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Hindustani78

Hindustani78 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    Vice President's Secretariat

Vice President embarks on three-nation visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu embarked today on a three-nation visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania on a weeklong trip from September 14 -21. He is scheduled to interact with the heads of states of all the three countries and witness the signing of MOUs. As the Chairman of Rajya Sabha, he scheduled to hold delegation level talks with his counterparts and address their respective Parliaments.

The Vice President's visit is expected to strengthen India’s bilateral relations with these three countries. This visit will help the countries to exchange expertise and share knowledge in the fields of economy, environment, trade and culture.

The Vice President departed from New Delhi today and will reach Belgrade, Serbia and will address the Indian Diaspora the same evening.

The Vice President will attend the official Welcome Ceremony hosted by Serbia on Saturday and proceed to Serbia Palace to hold Tête-à-tête meeting with the President of the Republic of Serbia, Mr. Aleksander Vucic. Both the leaders will witness signing of MOUs and release commemorative stamps on Nikola Tesla and Swami Vivekananda. A joint press statement will follow the event.

The Vice President is also scheduled to attend India-Serbia Business Forum meet and later join the banquet hosted by Mr. Aleksander Vucic. The Vice President will hold delegation level talks with the Speakers of the National Assembly of Republic of Serbia Mrs. Maja Gajkovic and later address the special session of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia - the same venue where Former Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru addressed NAM Summit in 1961, before attending the presentation on the Belgrade Waterfront Project.

On Sunday, September 16, 2018. The Vice President will offer floral tributes at the Bust of Mahatma Gandhi and proceed to Mt. Avala to the wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Later the Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia, Mr. Ana Branbic shall host lunch. He will depart for Malta.

The Vice President of India will attend the Indian Community reception hosted by the High Commissioner of India to Malta on his arrival in the evening in Malta.

On September 17, the Vice President will hold delegation level talks with the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca and witness signing of MOUs on mutual cooperation before attending the lunch hosted by the President of Malta.

The Vice President of India who is also the Chairman of Rajya Sabha will participate in a meeting with the speaker of the House of Representatives of Malta, Dr. Anglu Farrugia and hold delegation level talks. He will also hold delegation level talks with the acting Prime Minister of Malta, Mr. Evarist Bartolo. Later in the evening, he is scheduled to attend India- Malta Business Forum Meeting where President of Malta shall also participate.

On Tuesday, the September 18, 2018, the Vice President will visit two import places in the city - the Co Cathedral of St. John’s in Valletta and the Upper Barrakka Gardens before emplane for Romania.

In Romania, the Vice President will hold delegation level talks with the President of he Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu and witness signing of MOUs. He is scheduled to hold delegation level talks with the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Lohannis and later proceed to the Parliament to address the members of Senate.

The Vice President will also hold talks with the Prime Minister of Romania, Mr. Viorica Dancila and the President of The Chamber of Deputies, Mr. Nicolae-Livi Dragnea. He will also interact with the India-Romania Business Forum Meeting. On the last day of his visit, the Vice President will address the Indian community in Romania at a reception hosted by the Ambassador of India to Romania.

The Vice President will be accompanied by Union Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and the Members of Parliament - Shri Prasanna Acharya, MP (Rajya Sabha) Shri Raghav Lakhanpal, MP (Lok Sabha), Ms. Saroj Pandey, MP (Rajya Sabha), Smt. Vijila Sathyananth, MP (Rajya Sabha).

AKT/BK/RK

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu emplanes for Serbia, Malta and Romania from New Delhi on September 14, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu being received by the Minister for Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management, Serbia, Mr. Branislav Nedimovik, on his arrival, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 14, 2018.

[​IMG]

Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu interacting with the Indian Community, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 14, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu with the Indian Community, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 14, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries are also seen.

14-September, 2018 23:30 IST
    Play a key role in deepening India-Serbia relations: Vice President asks Indian Diaspora

Leads the first ever high-level Indian delegation to Serbia since the breakup of Yugoslavia

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu asked Indians living in Serbia to play a key role in deepening India-Serbia relations. He was interacting with the Indian Community in Belgrade, Serbia on his arrival today. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.

The Vice President's visit assumes significance as India and Serbia celebrate 70 years of diplomatic ties this year. This is the first high level visit from India to Serbia since the breakup of Yugoslavia in early 1990.

Calling the Indian Diaspora as unofficial ambassadors of India to Serbia, the Vice President asked them to play an important role in deepening India’s relationship with Serbia. You are the face of India in Serbia exemplifying to the people you interact with, the mind and heart of Bharat. You are the valuable human resource for India bringing in new Knowledge, skills and attitudes to accelerate India’s growth, he said.

The Vice President said that there is a vast potential in further expanding bilateral economic cooperation. One of the key objectives of his visit to Serbia is to expand the political, economic and cultural relations that tie the two countries together, he added.

Talking about cultural ties and people to people contact, the Vice President said that he was impressed to learn about the interest of Serbian people in Indian culture, particularly in Yoga and Ayurveda.

The Vice President said that he greatly appreciate the unilateral gesture of Serbian government to abolish visas for Indian nationals to travel to Serbia for short duration. I am sure, you are taking advantage of the e-Visa scheme of India launched in 2015 and further liberalised last year for business, tourism and health purposes, he added.

The Vice President also apprised the gathering of the initiatives taken by the Indian Government for the benefit of the Indian Diaspora. He said that India is on the move and is witnessing transformation all spheres with its approach – Reform, Perform and Transform.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    15-September, 2018 18:36 IST
    India and Serbia have historic and special relations as co-founders of the Non-Aligned Movement: Vice President

India and Serbia celebrate 70 years of establishment of diplomatic relations; Releases commemorative stamp on Swami Vivekananda and Nikola Tesla; Witnesses signing of MoUs on cooperation in the fields of Plant Health and Plant Quarantine and a revised Air Services; Makes joint Press Statement; Witnesses Exhibition on Belgrade/New Delhi - 70 years of Diplomatic Relations; India is one of the fastest growing major economies in the world; Terrorism is the most serious global threat in today’s world; Holds bilateral discussions with the President of Serbia

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that India and Serbia have historic and special relations as co-founders of the Non-Aligned Movement and our relationship is based on mutual trust, mutual understanding and support to each other on issues of core interest. He was making a press statement after holding delegation level talks with the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic at Serbia Place, in Belgrade, Serbia today. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.

The Vice President said that India and Serbia have historic and special relations as co-founders of the Non-Aligned Movement and our relationship is based on mutual trust, mutual understanding and support to each other on issues of core interest. He further said that we agreed to expand the bilateral cooperation especially in the areas of economic and cultural relations. India and Serbia are on the path of economic reforms to realize the goal of socio-economic development of our peoples, he added.

The Vice President along with the Serbian President has witnessed the signing of MoUs between India and Serbia on cooperation in the fields of Plant Health and Plant Quarantine and a revised Air Services. Addressing on this occasion, the Vice President said that these agreements will contribute to further enhancing bilateral economic ties between India and Serbia.

Both leaders have jointly released the Commemorative Stamps on two great personalities, Swami Vivekananda, the great Philosopher from India and Nikola Tesla, the great scientist from Serbia to commemorate 70 years of diplomatic relations between India and Serbia. The Vice President along with the Serbian President also visited the Exhibition on ‘Belgrade/New Delhi – 70 years of Diplomatic Relations’.

The Vice President and the Serbian President have gave a joint Press Statement. Later, both the leaders have addressed the India-Serbia Business Forum Meeting.

The Vice President thanked the President of Serbia for extending invitation to visit Serbia and for hosting in his beautiful country. We appreciate your inspiring leadership of Serbia and your constructive role in the region, he added.

The Vice President congratulated the President of Serbia for the success of economic reforms undertaken by the Serbian Government which have resulted in significant improvement in the economic situation and business environment of Serbia.

The Vice President said that today India is one of the fastest growing major economies in the world and Serbian companies can take advantage of the favourable trade and investment environment as well as major policy initiatives like Make in India, Smart cities, Digital India, Start-up India, etc. by participating in these programmes in Business to Business mode including Joint Ventures. He further said that there is huge scope to promote collaboration in sectors like agriculture and food processing, science & technology, IT & Electronics, pharmaceuticals, education and tourism. Agriculture holds enormous significance for the development and food security of both our countries, he added.

The Vice President said that India is one of the largest global manufacturers of generic medicines and with the new Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy, India has the potential to become the largest drug manufacturer and exporter in the world, including in the East European region. Both sides can collaborate for enhancing export of Indian generic drugs to Serbia and this enhance availability of quality medicines to the people at affordable prices, he added.

The Vice President noted with great appreciation the growing interest and increasing popularity of Indian culture, especially in Yoga, Ayurveda and Homeopathy in Serbia. Signing of agreement on cooperation in the fields of culture, sports, youth and mass media signed between the two countries earlier this year was an important step to further promote cultural interaction between the two countries, he added.

The Vice President said that Terrorism is the most serious global threat in today’s world. He further said that this can only be defeated by coordinated international action. There is an urgent need to expedite the finalization of the draft Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism, mooted by India in 1996, he added.

Following is the text of Vice President's Press Statement:

"It is my first visit to this beautiful country. The country is not only beautiful but the people also seem to be dutiful because in short time under the able leadership they could develop the country as one of the important countries in this part of Europe. I am delighted to visit Serbia on the very first leg of my first trip to Europe in my current capacity.

Earlier I was a minister and political functionary but now after assuming office as the Vice President of India this is my first trip to Europe and that I am starting from Serbia. I thank Hon’ble President Aleksandar Vucic and the people of Serbia for the warm welcome and hospitality extended to me and my fellow delegation members. We were happy to receive President Vucic in India during his visit in January last year in his capacity as the Prime Minister of Serbia.

India and Serbia have historic and special relations as co-founders of the NAM i.e. Non-Aligned Movement. Our relationship is based on mutual trust, mutual understanding and support to each other on issues of core interest.

My visit to Serbia assumes special significance as both our countries are celebrating the 70th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations this year that is very significant. I am happy that today, Serbia Post and Indian Post have jointly released commemorative stamps on the renowned Serbian scientist and inventor, Nikola Tesla and the great spiritual leader of India, Swami Vivekananda, to celebrate this occasion.

I had extensive discussion with His Excellency President Vucic this morning on all important aspects of our bilateral relationship as well as global and regional issues of common interest to both of our countries. We expressed our commitment to further build on long-standing friendly ties between our two countries.

We agreed to expand the bilateral cooperation especially in the areas of economic and cultural relations. In the area of economic cooperation, both sides agreed to enhance cooperation in the areas of priority such as agriculture, food processing, defence manufacturing, science and technology, information technology, infrastructure, tourism and pharmaceuticals. We expressed satisfaction at the investments made by Indian companies in Serbia especially in sectors of farm equipment like tractors, food processing, and pharmaceuticals.

India and Serbia are on the path of economic reforms to realize the goal of socio-economic development of our people. India as one of the fastest growing major economies in the world, presents opportunities for win-win partnership between Serbian and Indian entrepreneurs in multiple sectors to realize the vast potential of our bilateral relationship.

Your Excellency, I welcome the signing of two agreements during this visit. The Agreement on cooperation in Plant Protection and Plant Quarantine would contribute to increasing bilateral trade in agricultural products. The Air Services Agreement would boost trade and tourism by launch of direct air connectivity between India to Serbia in future.

We conveyed our mutual satisfaction at the growing cultural cooperation and people-to-people relations between both the two countries. I thanked President Vucic for Serbia’s unilateral decision to waive visa for short visits by Indians travelling to Serbia. India has also extended e-Visa facility to Serbian nationals. Our initiatives would further promote tourism and greater people- to-people contact.

In our discussions today, we also exchanged views on multilateral issues and agreed to intensify cooperation in the areas of mutual interest. India and Serbia have had close cooperation at the United Nations and other multilateral fora. We agreed that United Nations need to be reformed to reflect the realities of today and address current global challenges, it is long overdue.

We resolved to fight the scourge of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and agreed to strengthen cooperation in fight against terrorism at various international fora. It is a global challenge and requires a global response. Terror has no religion. Terroism is enemy of humanity. We must all come together. I am happy that both of us agreed to move in the direction of creating the needed public opinion.

I will also meet the Hon’ble Speaker of Serbian National Assembly, H.E. Ms. Gojkovic and Prime Minister, H.E. Ms. Brnabic. I would have the honour to address the Special session of the National Assembly of Serbia. President Vucic and I will together attend the India- Serbia Business Forum and have opportunity to meet the business representatives of both the countries just after this event.

I would once again like to thank Hon’ble President Vucic for the warm welcome and gracious hospitality. I also extend warm greetings for the progress and prosperity of the people of Serbia. India looks forward for further closer cooperation with Serbia to further strengthen our traditional bonds of friendship with Serbia and its people.

I have already assured the President that India stands for the sovereignty and the territorial integrity of Serbia. There is no question of any dilution and deviation of our stand. I am also equally happy that the Hon’ble President has unequivocally publically declared their support to India’s cause in the United Nations and also in the other international forums.

I am thankful to the Hon’ble President and his team and also to the people of Serbia for all the warmth and affection they are showing towards us during our stay. I hope that my two day visit to this part of Europe will be a gateway for further cooperation and deeper understanding between India and European countries starting with Serbia.

Excellency, you have just said that Serbia is a small country. No, may be size wise small but it is tall and has a tall leader also. So I am sure in the coming days Serbia will further grow in height and also join the process of development that is happening everywhere.

The aspirations of the people, I am sure, are being met and then you will take further steps to bring reforms wherever they are needed as our Indian Prime Minister is implementing the reforms. He has the three line advice to everybody i.e. Reform, Perform and Transform, transforming the nation.

I am happy that both our Prime Minister and your good-self Excellency are moving in the direction of transforming the respective nations. Together will be able to transform the conditions for the humanity.

Thank you very much.

Namaskar.

Jai Hind."

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu with the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, at the Welcome Ceremony, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inspecting the Guard-of-Honour with the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, at the Welcome Ceremony, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Tete-a-Tete with the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Tete-a-Tete with the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu holding the bilateral discussions with the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic witnessing the signing of MOUs in the field of Plant Health and Plant Quarantine, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic witnessing the signing of MOU in the field of revised Air Services, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic releasing the Commemorative Stamps on two great personalities, Swami Vivekananda, the great Philosopher from India and Nikola Tesla, the great scientist from Serbia, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic making joint Press Statement, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic making joint Press Statement, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic visiting the Exhibition ‘Belgrade/New Delhi – 70 years of Diplomatic Relations’, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, at the India-Serbia Business Forum Meeting, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, at the India-Serbia Business Forum Meeting, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the India-Serbia Business Forum Meeting, at Serbia Palace, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018. The President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksandar Vucic and other dignitaries are also seen.

Cabinet
    12-September, 2018 16:26 IST
    Cabinet approves signing of MoU between India and Malta for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism

The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Malta for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism. The MoU will be signed during the upcoming visit of the Vice President to Malta.

Salient Features:

Main objectives of the MoU are:
      1. To encourage the quality destination of tourism industry in both countries;
      2. To increase tourist arrivals in both countries from the entire world through the territories of India and Malta;
      3. Promoting human resource development in tourism and travel-related industries in both countries;
      4. To contribute to a new tourism, offer, particularly through the promotion of natural and tangible, and intangible cultural heritage, the development of sustainable tourism and the use of information technologies; and
      5. To recognize that tourism is a means to foster relationship between peoples of the two countries.
    Benefits:

This MoU will help the two parties in creating an institutional mechanism for enhancing cooperation in the tourism sector. It will also help India in increasing foreign tourist arrivals from Malta. This, in turn, will result in economic development and employment generation.

The MoU will create favourable conditions for long-term tourism cooperation for the mutual benefits of all stakeholders within the broader framework and areas of cooperation. It will also explore to incorporate the best practices in order to implement the measures that will realize its objectives.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  3. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    16-September, 2018 19:17 IST
    In a rare gesture, VP Shri Venkaiah Naidu was invited to address special session of Serbian Parliament
    During the high level visit by and Indian dignitary to Serbia in 30 years, Shri Naidu fondly recalls the warmth of NAM era

Receives standing ovation from law makers of Serbia

On International Day of Democracy, quotes Pandit Nehru on need for real freedoms

Serbian President lauds Indian leadership for stellar economic performance

Both leaders vow to enhance bilateral cooperation to tap full potential

Both countries sign agreements on Plant Protection and Air Services

Commemorative stamps released on Swami Vivekananda and Serbian innovator Nikola Tesla

Marking the revival of the spirit of warmth and cooperation of Marshal Tito-Pandit Nehru years, the Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu was extended the rare honour of addressing the special session of the Parliament of the Republic of Serbia in Belgrade last night. It was in the same hallowed hall of the National Assembly of Serbia that former Prime Minister, Shri Jawaharlal Nehru addressed the world leaders while launching the Non-Alignment Movement along with the veteran leader of Yugoslavia Marshal Tito.

In his hour long address to the laws makers of the host country, Shri Naidu fondly recalled the close affinity and shared vision with which leaders of both the countries played a key role in launching the Non Aligned Movement (NAM). He said “Relations between the two countries are deeply rooted in history. From the early days of Independent India, both countries laid great emphasis on NAM and contributed much to creation of a new and democratic world order, particularly for the post-colonial third world that challenged the concept of bipolar world. The changes in global geo-politics now again give us an opportunity to work together for mutual benefit and for sharing prosperity with others”.

Referring to the International Day of Democracy yesterday, Shri Naidu gave a detailed account of the steady growth and consolidation of parliamentary democracy in India. He said “Over the years, Indian Parliament has evolved as a democratic forum that attentively listens to fascinatingly complex voices from different parts of the vast country and responds to diverse concerns with agility.”

Highlighting the importance of democracy for participatory development, Shri Naidu quoted Pandit Nehru from his speech at the same venue in 1961 and said Nehru gave a call ‘’For building in our countries societies where freedom is real. Freedom is essential because freedom will give us strength and enable us to build prosperous societies” .

Speaker of the Serbian Parliament received Shri Naidu and escorted him to the podium and introduced him to the Members of the House. The Vice President’s address was applauded quite a few times and particularly when he said that Marshal Tito was a household name in India when he (Shri Naidu) was a school student. The Vice President received huge standing ovation on the conclusion of his address to the law makers of Serbia.

During the hectic day of high level engagements, Shri Naidu held detailed discussions on a range of bilateral and multilateral issues with President Mr. Aleksander Vucic, Prime Minister Ms. Ana Brnabic and Speaker of the National Assembly of Serbia Ms. Maja Gojkovic besides addressing a business forum.

During the joint media briefing along with Shri Naidu, President of Serbia Shri Aleksander Vucic complimented the Indian political leadership for stellar economic results. He said “India is witnessing exceptional economic progress. We are happy for the country who has been our longtime friend and well wisher”. He also thanked India for recognizing Serbia’s territorial integrity. Shri Vucic stressed that Serbia is keen to engage with India on agriculture, pharmacy, IT and generic medicines. He evinced interest in defense cooperation.

During his talks with the top leaders and businessmen of Serbia, the Vice President gave a detailed account of the rapid strides being made by India in various fields including an enabling, predictable and reform oriented financial and investment eco-systems offering mutually beneficial partnerships. Voicing concerns over the menace of terrorism, he called for early finalization of draft Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT).

The Vice President of India noted that both the countries had difficult periods in recent history but have emerged stronger from each of these crises because of the courage to reform.”The economic reforms in India and in Serbia in the 1990s have effectively converted some of the major challenges into opportunities” he observed.

On the occasion of 70 years of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Serbia Post and India Post have released commemorative stamps on renowned Serbian physicist and innovator Nikola Tesla and Swami Vivekananda. Shri Naidu noted that Swami Vivekananda’s thoughts and ideas left a deep impression on Tesla’s works.

In the presence of the President of Serbia and Vice President of India, both the sides signed two agreements. The agreement on Plant Protection and Quarantine seeks to enhance trade in fruits, vegetables and processed foods. The second one ,Revised Air Services agreement aims at promoting connectivity boosting trade and tourism including direct air link between the two countries.

On his second overseas visit as Vice President, Shri Naidu will also visit Malta and Romania before returning home on Friday next week. On his first such visit, Shri Naidu visited the Latin American Countries of Guatemala, Panama and Peru.

Following is the text of Vice President's address:

"I feel privileged to be with all of you on a special day, in a special year and at a special place.

Today is the International Day of Democracy.

This year marks the 70th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between our two countries.

This place is the historic meeting ground of nations that decided to launch the Non- aligned movement in 1961. It is good to recall that India and the then Yugoslavia were the pioneers of that movement.

We share a common perspective on many issues and have a deeper affinity that brings us closer.

I am deeply honoured by the invitation to address this august House. I am grateful for the kind invitation and warmth and hospitality accorded to me and the members of my delegation during my visit.

I am accompanied by Hon’ble Minister of State for Finance, Mr. Shiv Pratap Shukla, Hon’ble Members of Indian Parliament, Mr. Prasanna Acharya, Mrs. Vijila Sathyananth, Ms.Saroj Pandey and Mr. Raghav Lakhanpal. We bring the greetings and best wishes of the people of India to the eminent leaders of Serbia and great friends of India present in this House and for the people of Serbia.

Sisters and brothers of Serbia,

Both Serbia and India share a common commitment to democratic values and the need to continuously nurture the democratic spirit for improving the quality of the lives of our people.

Serbia has a long history of National Assembly and constitution, one of the oldest in Europe, dating back to the nineteenth century. We, Indians, having firm belief in Parliamentary democracy, are deeply impressed by Serbia's strong Parliamentary tradition.

This impressive National Assembly building built nearly hundred years ago, truly reflects the rich Parliamentary heritage of Serbia.

It is not merely the architecture of this building that is impressive. What is equally important is the architecture of path breaking ideas that has made this a significant landmark in the annals of modern world history.

It was here that the first NAM Summit took place in 1961. Prime Minister of India Pandit Nehru and other world leaders of Non-Aligned Movement addressed the NAM Summit in this hallowed hall.

Sentinels of people’s welfare,

Relations between India and Serbia are deeply rooted in history. From the early days of Independent India, both countries laid great emphasis on Non-Aligned Movement and contributed much to creation of a new and democratic world order, particularly for the post-colonial third world that challenged the concept of bipolar world. Numerous high level exchange of visits between the two countries during that period is a testimony to that shared belief. Marshal Tito was a familiar name in many Indian households. I understand that he addressed Indian Parliament during his visit to India in 1954. Thus, the Parliaments of our two countries had the privilege of and benefit of learning from each other. I am happy that the dialogue is continuing through the Serbian National Assembly’s Parliamentary Friendship Group with India.

Sisters and brothers,

At this juncture, let me share few words about the parliamentary system in India, the largest democracy in the world. The Parliament of India is the supreme legislative body of the Republic of India. It is a bicameral legislature with two houses: the Rajya Sabha (Council of States) and the Lok Sabha (House of the People). As Vice President of India, I also function as Ex-Officio Chairperson of Raja Sabha or Council of States. I have a long experience with our Parliamentary system. I became a member of the Legislative Assembly of my state, Andhra Pradesh, forty years ago, in 1978. I have been a member of Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of Parliament since 1998. I functioned as Minister of Parliamentary Affairs of India, in addition to discharging my other Ministerial responsibilities, from 2014 to 2016.

While Serbia has a unicameral Parliament, India's federal structure requires a bicameral body to give adequate representation to the States.

Over the years, Indian Parliament has evolved as a democratic forum that attentively listens to fascinatingly complex voices from different parts of the vast country and responds to diverse concerns with agility.

Nurturing and encouraging participatory democracy, our Parliament has been instrumental in ushering in social change and development through progressive legislations.

The accent is on preserving the democratic spirit by putting the people at the centre of the development architecture.

Sisters and brothers,

Today, we are also commemorating the International Day of Democracy that was proclaimed by the United Nations On 8 November 2007. The opening words of the UN Charter, “We the Peoples”, reflect the fundamental principle of democracy, that the will of the people is the source of legitimacy of nations.

Kautilya, one of the prominent political scientists of ancient India, had said in his treatise called Artha Shastra, “The King’s happiness should lie only in the happiness of the people in the kingdom and not on any other factor”. The legitimacy of the king or the sovereign State is essentially derived from the ability to respond to people’s will and aspirations, to their needs and concerns.

Popular democracy and representative institutions are neither entirely alien to the Indian soil nor of recent origin. The history of democratic traditions in India, in fact, goes back to the Vedic period. The Vedas, the oldest Indian compendium of knowledge, have a number of references to popular assemblies known as the Sabhas and the Samitis. In the post-Vedic period, the Republics which were known in popular parlance as Ganarajya or Sangha were functioning as self-governing institutions.

We all recognize that the essential elements of democracy are the values of freedom, respect for human rights and the principle of holding periodic and genuine elections by universal suffrage.

India adopted universal suffrage to all citizens above the age of 18 years. Since 1951, the people of India have elected their representatives to the legislative bodies through free and fair electoral process. The voter turnout has been steadily going up over the last 64 years, from 44.87 percent in 1951 to 66.4 percent in 2014. It is worth noting that 65.6 percent of the voters who voted in the latest election in 2014 was women.

Sisters and brothers,

Having spoken at length on Indian Parliamentary system and Indian democracy, let me come back to India-Serbia ties. Interaction between Indians and Serbians of course was not confined to post-independence period of India. Much before that, people to people interaction between these two parts of the world has contributed richly to their intellectual and cultural capital.

Interaction between the renowned Serbian innovator and inventor Nikola Tesla and the great spiritual leader of India Swami Vivekananda is one such example.

Swami Vivekananda's thoughts and ideas left a deep impression on Nikola Tesla's work. I am happy that Serbia Post and India Post have duly acknowledged this by jointly bringing out commemorative stamps on these two visionaries.

Both had a grand vision for the entire humanity. They were creative geniuses who left a lasting impact on the world. One was an epitome of outstanding innovation in physics. The other was an accomplished spiritual master who explained metaphysical realities to the world.

Sisters and brothers,

Both Serbia and India had difficult periods in recent history but have emerged stronger from each of these crises because we had the courage to reform. The economic reforms in India and in Serbia in the 1990s have effectively converted some of the major challenges into opportunities.

Our two countries have always been supportive of each other on the issues of core interest. Serbia has faced and still faces challenges to its sovereignty and territorial integrity. On this, India has always maintained its principled stand and support for Serbia's sovereignty and territorial integrity. India firmly believes that the Kosovo issue should be resolved peacefully through consultation and dialogue.

India is also happy with principled support India receives from Serbia on several core issues like, for instance, India's application for membership of Nuclear Suppliers Group.

I am glad that Serbia shares India's views on the need for reforming United Nations, particularly the UN Security Council.

Our two countries also agree that terrorism is one of the foremost threats to international peace and security. There is an urgent need to strengthen the global counter terrorism legal framework to combat this scourge by expediting finalization of a Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT) under the UN umbrella.

In recent years, our bilateral ties have reached a distinctly higher level. In January 2017, H.E. Mr. Aleksandar Vucic, Hon'ble President of Serbia, visited India in his capacity as Prime Minister of Serbia. The visit was truly historic. This was a first visit at the level of Head of State or Head of Government from Belgrade to India after thirty years. There has also been lack of high level visits from Indian side for almost three decades. With my visit, I want to underline India's keen desire to maintain close ties with Serbia through high level engagements.

On the occasion of Hon'ble Vucic's visit to India last year, Serbia participated in Vibrant Gujarat Summit. I am happy that Serbia again participated in another major event in India, World Food India 2017 in New Delhi in November last year.

Agriculture is a major economic activity both in India and Serbia and we can benefit from each other’s expertise in agriculture and food processing sector. Hon'ble First Deputy Prime Minister & Foreign Minister of Serbia Ivica Dacic visited India in May this year. During his meeting with me, I was glad to learn about the steps our two countries are taking to strengthen or bilateral ties further. I was particularly happy to know to that Serbia had abolished visa requirements for short term visit of all Indian passports holders last year.

Our annual bilateral trade is currently about US$ 200 million. Undoubtedly, this is much below the true potential. More exchange of business delegations is necessary to boost our bilateral trade further. While there is a need for boosting our bilateral trade, investment in each other's countries and more innovative approaches are necessary for strengthening of economic ties. In this context, the recent examples of foreign investment are a new positive development. An Indian company has acquired a major Serbian tractor manufacturing company. This can contribute to production of high quality agriculture machinery in Serbia at an affordable cost and certainly help Serbia's agriculture sector. An Indian company has established an IT park in Serbia. India's strength in IT sector is globally renowned. Serbia can also benefit from India's capability of producing high quality, lifesaving drugs at a cost within the reach of common Serbians.

Indian tourists are now visiting foreign countries in large numbers. Serbia, with its fascinating history and landscape, has the potential to attract these Indian tourists. Serbia also has strength in some areas of defence production. Since India now permits participation of Indian private sector and even foreign companies in defence production and defence procurement, the private companies of both sides can join hands and benefit from India's liberalized policy. While both governments are strengthening the framework for greater economic engagement, we have added further to these efforts by signing relevant agreements during my visit. Signing of Agreement on Plant Protection and Plant Quarantine will help in enhancing trade in fruits, vegetables and processed products. The revised Air Services Agreement will enhance connectivity besides boosting trade and tourism.

Sisters and brothers,

At this juncture, let me say a few words about what my Government is doing in India to attract foreign businessmen and entrepreneurs. We are committed to build a five trillion-dollar economy by 2025, making us the 3rd largest consumer market in the world. India has climbed 42 places in the World Bank’s Ease of Business Index over the past two years and is committed to improve it further. We are strengthening the manufacturing sector through the Make in India programme while our services sector remains robust and high-tech. We have also moved up 21 places on the Global Innovation Index of the WIPO in two years as well as 19 places on the Logistics Performance Index of 2016 of the World Bank.

Foreign Direct Investment as a fairly accurate indicator of foreign confidence in a nation’s political and economic systems is widely acknowledged. According to the latest data, FDI inflow into India rose to US$35.9 billion over the period April to December 2017. In fact, FDI has risen from US$36 billion in 2013-14 to US$60 billion in 2016-17. We have a TRIPS compliant IPR regime and our multi-party democracy ensures essential stability and predictability.

A number of systemic tax reforms including the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax(GST) have enabled India to emerge as a transparent, modern and unified market. Tax base and tax compliance has greatly improved. Financial inclusion has been a key priority of the current government. 326 million new bank accounts have been opened for the first time enabling direct cash benefit transfers.

Thus, we have put in place a sound policy framework in India and created a business friendly environment. The liberal e-Visa regime that we have for Serbians should make it easy to travel to India.

Sisters and brothers,

In the early days of India's independence, our ties started on a strong foundation of a shared global view of Non-Aligned Movement and we together created a large platform for the third world. The changes in global geo-politics now again give us an opportunity to work together for mutual benefit and for sharing prosperity with others. It would be good to recall the words of India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Nehru at the Conference of Non- Aligned nations in Belgrade on September 2, 1961. His call which rings so true and relevant even today was “to build in our own countries societies where freedom is real. Freedom is essential, because freedom will give us strength and enable us to build prosperous societies.” We must strive to strengthen our democratic polities and internalize the concepts of freedom, dialogue, inclusion and rule of law in our governance structures.

Let me end with an ancient Indian prayer from the Vedas:

“Sahanaavaatu, Sahanau Bhunaktu, Sahaveeryam Karavaavahai, Tejaswinavadhitamastu, Maa vidwishavahai” (Let us move together, Let us have food together, Let us grow together, Let us acquire and share knowledge, Let us never hate each other”.

That is the wish I would like to share with you. As a representative of a country that saw the entire world as one large family, I bring you the love, affection and warm greetings of India for all Serbians and hope that we shall continue to work together towards a world that is inclusive, harmonious and sustainable.

Thank you, Hvala."

4. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu with the Speaker of National Assembly of Serbia, Mrs. Maja Gojkovic, at the National Assembly, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Special Session of the National Assembly of Serbia, at the National Assembly, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Special Session of the National Assembly of Serbia, at the National Assembly, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu witnessing the Presentation of the Belgrade Waterfront Project, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 15, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu paying floral tributes to the Bust of Mahatma Gandhi, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu paying tributes to the Bust of Mahatma Gandhi, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu paid tributes to the Bust of Mahatma Gandhi, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 16, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu laying wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu signing the visitors’ book at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 16, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu being bid farewell by the Minister for Agriculture, Serbia, Mr. Branislav Nedimovik, the Ambassador of India to Serbia, Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee and others, on his departure, in Belgrade, Serbia on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu being received by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Malta, Mr. Carmelo Abela and the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malta, Ms. Fiona Formosa, on his arrival, in Malta on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu emplanes for Malta after his successful visit to Serbia on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

17-September, 2018 13:08 IST
    Never forget the motherland that has given you a great upbringing: Vice President to Indian Community in Malta

Addresses Indian Community Reception

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that Indian Community living abroad is making the country proud and contributing immensely to both the country they are residing and to the motherland. He was addressing the Indian Community Reception hosted by the High Commissioner of India to Malta, in the Capital Valletta last night. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.

The Vice President said that a resurgent India will always be with people of Indian Origin and asked them not to forget the motherland that has given them a great upbringing. He further said that the role of Indian community is crucial for taking the message of India to the word in Art, Culture, Ethos and Traditions.

Stressing the need to strengthen India Malta relations, the Vice President said that despite being a small nation Malta has shown good growth and India and Malta can have a long term relationship. The size of the country is not important but the growth is, he added.

The Vice President said that Indian population can excel in all spheres and they integrated well with societies across the globe. Geographical boundaries do not separate India and Malta, he added.

Highlighting the Indian growth story, the Vice President said that the nation is witnessing a stable growth and is on the rise. Systematic government reforms are making an inclusive society and the efforts are in full swing to make India a formal Economy, he added.

Saying that India is at the cresp of transformation that is unprecedented, the Vice President added that digitization of economy, financial inclusion, GST and Jan Dhan have brought in revolutionary change in Indian Economic scenario. Road and Telecom network changed India and the communication system in vast country like India is revolutionary, he reminded the steps taken by former Prime Minister, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

The Vice President said that Indian art Yoga, Ayurveda becoming popular all over the world. India has become a health destination and it launched an ambitious healthcare system- Ayushman Bharat, a program recently launched will change the Healthcare system in India.

"Namaskar to all of you. I bring you the warmest of greetings from India.

I thank all of you for welcoming me and my delegation members with such warmth and affection. I am accompanied by Hon’ble Minister of State for Finance, Mr. Shiv Pratap Shukla and Mr. Prasanna Acharya, Mrs. Vijila Sathyananth and Ms. Saroj Pandey, Hon’ble Members of the Upper House of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and Mr. Raghav Lakhanpal, Hon’ble Member of the Lower House of Parliament (Lok Sabha).

I am delighted to visit this beautiful and historic city of Vellatta. I would like to thank the Government of Malta for extending warm hospitality to me and my delegation members. During the visit, I look forward to fruitful interactions with President, Hon’ble Speaker of the House of Representative of Malta, Acting Prime Minister and Leader of Opposition of Malta. I will also have an opportunity to address India-Malta Business Forum during the visit.

Sisters and brothers,

In this distinguished gathering, some of you are professionals, researchers, students or businessmen. Some of you may have come to this country decades ago, some of you may have arrived only a few years ago. I am so pleased that you have integrated into the Maltese society and made valuable contributions in sectors like pharmaceuticals, information technology, and healthcare and tourism service industry.

It is not surprising that the vast and growing Indian diaspora is doing so well everywhere. There is within each one of us that invisible common thread of essential Indian-ness. For us, the whole world is actually a large family. The geographical boundaries do not limit us nor do the linguistic and cultural differences. We learn and appreciate good ideas irrespective of where they originate from. “Let noble thoughts come to us from all sides” said our ancient sages.

I am happy to note that the Indian community enjoys the reputation of being peace loving and able to assimilate into the local environment. You are making a contribution in the socio economic development of Malta by way of investments, knowledge transfer, philanthropic engagements, and catalysing demand of Indian goods in their countries of settlement.

Sisters and brothers,

I feel very proud that I represent an India that is at the cusp of a transformative movement.

I am happy to inform you that India is in the midst of an unprecedented economic and social transformation. The economy is growing at a steady pace and the systemic governance reforms are creating a more inclusive society.

India has climbed 30 places in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index this year and IMF has forecast that India will grow at more than 7 percent in 2018 and 2019, ahead of other major economies.

A number of economic reforms have been undertaken by Indian Government including digitisation of the economy, financial inclusion, tax reforms like Goods and Services Tax (GST). More than 326 million persons have opened bank accounts in the last four years making financial inclusion a reality. Tax base has been widened and tax compliance has increased.

India is rapidly expanding its infrastructure. For instance, over 9829 Km national highways were constructed during the year 2017-18 as compared to 8231 km during the previous year.

The policy initiatives taken by the Indian government such as Make in India, Skill India, Digital India, Smart Cities and Start-up India are opening up new opportunities.

India is creating an enabling eco system that will spur growth, skill youth and foster entrepreneurship. India, today is a veritable land of opportunity for those who want to connect, innovate, trade and invest

India is contributing to and witnessing the onset of an information technology revolution which is changing the way a government engages with its citizens. A revolution, which rests on digital infrastructure that allows free flow of information, innovation and ideas on the information high-ways.

Dear Sisters and brothers,

We have also set the goal of providing affordable and inclusive healthcare to the citizens and to realise this goal we have launched the world’s largest and India’s most ambitious healthcare program, Ayushman Bharat — National Health Protection Mission, announced in our Union Budget of 2018 and reiterated by our PM on 15 August this year. The scheme will provide a health insurance cover to 100 million families.

India has taken the lead in the field of energy, and we have set a goal of 175 Gigawatts of renewable energy. We hosted the founding conference of International Solar Alliance in Delhi in March this year. This is one of the largest commitments to financing solar energy projects around the world.

We are a young nation of 800 million strong youth. This demographic advantage is being converted into a demographic dividend. We are upgrading the competence of this aspirational, young population through “Skill India” programme.

Sisters and brothers,

You represent India in Malta and Malta in India and your role in both connecting and developing our ties is very important.

Your presence in Malta from different parts of India helps in creating awareness about the rich cultural diversity of India, and taking the message of Indian music, art, dance, and other heritage, like Yoga and Ayurveda to our Maltese friends.

A resurgent India awaits you. We have taken several steps towards eliminating barriers of your connect with India. It has been our resolve to be available to overseas Indians and to ensure that interface between our government and you remain smooth and a pleasurable experience. I am sure, you are taking advantage of the e-Visa scheme of India launched in 2015 and further liberalised last year for business, tourism and health purposes.

To facilitate easy stay of foreigners of Indian origin in India, we offer OCI cards. I would encourage you to join the scheme and enjoy the facilities offered under it and strengthen the bonds with the country of your origin and the country of your ancestors.

In order to engage with our vast Diaspora and to bring their knowledge, expertise and skills on a common platform, we have created a new facility- the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra- in New Delhi, as a one stop resource center for our diaspora. You must visit it whenever you come to India. Our Government also runs a special programme – the Know India Programme- to bring our diaspora youths together and expose them to India.

The Government and people of India are thus proud of your achievements. The decision to open a resident Indian High Commission in Malta has been taken with the desire to connect with you all.

It has been a pleasure and privilege for me to connect with you. Each one of you, member of the Indian diaspora, have made us proud because of your accomplishments, your acceptance within the country of your adoption and your well-recognized contribution to the development of the society which you have adopted.

You are the face of India in Malta exemplifying to the people you interact with, the mind and heart of Bharat.

You are the inheritors of the universal vision that India has been expounding since time immemorial. You are the valuable human resource for India bringing in new Knowledge, skills and attitudes to accelerate India’s growth.

I thank you all once again for being here today and welcoming me with so much warmth.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors to make Malta and India come closer, grow together and share a prosperous future.

Jai Hind.

5. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at an event to address the Indian Community Reception, in Floriana, Malta on September 16, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Indian Community Reception, in Floriana, Malta on September 16, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Indian Community Reception, in Floriana, Malta on September 16, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu in a group with the Indian Community Reception, in Floriana, Malta on September 16, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu in a group with the Indian Community Reception, in Floriana, Malta on September 16, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

6. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    17-September, 2018 19:40 IST
    India and Malta are growing at a steady pace and if work together, both can grow faster: Vice President

India see Malta as one of the most trusted partners within the EU; Need to bolster our relationship with far more substantive cooperation on the economic, scientific and technological, human resource development fronts; Both our economies are complementary and technology based;

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that India and Malta are growing at a steady pace and if we can work together, both can certainly grow faster. He was making the joint Press Statement following delegation level talks with the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta today. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.

The Vice President said that diplomatic relations between India and Malta were established soon after the independence of Malta and India see Malta as one of the most trusted partners within the EU. He further said that India was one of the first countries to recognize independence of Malta and now, we have taken the decision to open a resident mission in Malta in order to scale up our relationship.

Saying both economies are complimentary and technology based, the Vice President said that India and Malta need to bolster relationship with far more substantive cooperation on the economic, scientific and technological, human resource development fronts. Malta can take the advantage of India’s highly skilled professionals in the field of IT, financial services, health, pharmaceuticals, transport, freight and tourism, he added.

The Vice President said that India and Malta have signed three Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) in the field of (i) Maritime Cooperation; (ii) Diplomatic Training; and (iii) Tourism Cooperation. It is a good beginning in creating a modern, enabling framework for enhancing relations between both the countries, he added.

The Vice President said that both the Governments should work towards facilitating easy mobility of professionals on both sides. I strongly believe this will certainly go a long way in further strengthening the ties and accelerate progress and growth in both our countries, he added.

The Vice President thanked Malta for the assistance provided in the evacuation of Indians from Libya. He also conveyed his best wishes to the people of our friendly country Malta for the upcoming National Day of Malta.

Following is the text of Vice President's Press Statement:

"Your Excellency President Ms Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, I thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to visit your beautiful country. I take this opportunity to thank you for warm reception and the excellent hospitality extended to me and my delegation.

Diplomatic relations between our countries were established soon after the independence of Malta.

Ever since then, our relations have always been warm and friendly and India is very keen to further strengthen bilateral ties. We see Malta as one of our most trusted partners within the EU.

In order to work more closely with your government towards further strengthening the relationship, we have reopened our resident Mission in Malta.

India and Malta are growing at a steady pace. If we can work together, we can certainly grow faster.

Both our economies are complimentary and technology based. We need to bolster our relationship with far more substantive cooperation on the economic, scientific and technological, human resource development fronts. You can take the advantage of India’s highly skilled professionals in the field of IT, financial services, health, pharmaceuticals, transport, freight and tourism.

India today is one of the main sources of affordable generic drugs in the world. Malta can consider collaboration in this sector. We can also cooperate in the use of the ancient sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda to promote wellness. Malta may like to take advantage of India’s advancement in affordable, quality healthcare facilities.

In this context, the signing of three Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) namely; (i) MoU on Maritime Cooperation between Ministry of Shipping, India and Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure and Capital Projects, Malta; (ii) MoU on mutual cooperation between the Foreign Service Institute, India and The Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies, University of Malta, and (iii) MoU in the field of Tourism Cooperation between India and Malta mark a good beginning in creating a modern, enabling framework for enhancing relations between our countries.

Easier facilitation of visa promotes people-to-people contact and business. Our governments should work towards facilitating easy mobility of professionals on both sides. I strongly believe this will certainly go a long way in further strengthening the ties and accelerate progress and growth in both our countries.

On behalf of my government, I convey our gratitude to Malta for the assistance provided in the evacuation of Indians from Libya.

Terrorism is one of the foremost threats to international peace and security. We resolved to fight the scourge of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and agreed to strengthen cooperation in fight against terrorism at various international forums. It is a global challenge that requires a global response.

We are happy that both our countries have been lending support for each other’s candidates at various multilateral forums.

I will also be meeting the Hon’ble Speaker of the House of Representative of Malta, Acting Prime Minister and Hon’ble Minister for Economy as well as the Leader of Opposition of Malta. I will also be interacting with India-Malta Business Forum with representatives from both the countries.

Our meetings, I am confident, will contribute to mutual understanding and help in taking bilateral relations to even higher levels.

On this occasion I would like to convey my best wishes to people of our friendly country Malta for the upcoming National Day of Malta.

I would once again like to thank President Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca for the warm welcome and gracious hospitality. I also extend warm greetings for the progress and prosperity of the people of Malta. India looks forward to cooperation with Malta to further strengthen the traditional bonds of friendship with Malta and its people.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu being received by the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu with the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inspecting the Guard-of-Honour with the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu calling on the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu calling on the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the delegations level talks with the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca witnessing the signing of MoU between India and Malta on Maritime Cooperation, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca witnessing the signing of MoU between India and Malta on Diplomatic Training, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca witnessing the signing of MoU between India and Malta on Tourism Cooperation, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca making Joint Press Statement, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu signing the Visitor’s Book in the presence of the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, at San Anton Palace, Halbalzan, Malta on September 17, 2018.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  7. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]

18-September, 2018 13:51 IST
    Ambitious, transformative vision make India a safe destination for investments: Vice President

With 8% growth rate, India is one of the fastest growing major economies of the world;

We are committed to build a five trillion-dollar economy by 2025;

Addresses India-Malta Business Forum

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that the ambitious, transformative vision that is making India one of the most favourite investment destinations in the word. He was addressing the India-Malta Business Forum in the presence of the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, organized by the Malta Chamber of Commerce and the Confederation of Indian Industry, at Valletta, Malta today. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.

The Vice President said that Indian economy is growing at around 8%, currently is one of the fastest growing major economies of the world. He further said that growth and development are vital to implement social reform and Government is taking all the measures to bring in change, transformation in every sense is the motto of this government.

The Vice President said that India is committed to build a five trillion-dollar economy by 2025, making India the 3rd largest consumer market in the world. He further said that India has climbed 30 places in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index this year and IMF has forecast that India will grow at more than 7 percent in 2018 and 2019, ahead of other major economies.

The Vice President said that a number of economic reforms have been undertaken by Indian Government including digitization of the economy, financial inclusion, tax reforms like Goods and Services Tax (GST). He further said that more than 326 million persons have opened bank accounts in the last four years making financial inclusion a reality. Tax base has been widened and tax compliance has increased, he added.

"It gives me great pleasure to be with all of you along with Her Excellency President of Malta.

Madam President,

Your presence here is an affirmation of your continued commitment to strengthening our bilateral ties.

After the fruitful discussions with Her Excellency the President of Malta, today morning, I am convinced that the economic relationship between Malta and India can move on to a much higher trajectory. I convey my compliments to the Malta Chamber of Commerce and the Confederation of Indian Industry for their efforts in organising this interaction.

Sisters and brothers,

I am happy to share with you the ambitious, transformative vision that is making India one of the most favourite investment destinations in the word.

Indian economy, growing at around 8%, currently is one of the fastest growing major economies of the world.

Over the past half a decade, India has witnessed a positive swing in stock market indices, foreign exchange reserves and public investment in infrastructure.

As the World Bank has noted in its latest report, “India’s growth in recent years has been supported by prudent macroeconomic policy: a new inflation targeting framework, energy subsidy reforms, fiscal consolidation, higher quality of public expenditure and a stable balance of payment situation. In addition, recent policy reforms have helped India improve the business environment, ease inflows of foreign direct investment (FDI) and improve credit behavior.”

Sisters and brothers,

We in India, are committed to build a five trillion-dollar economy by 2025, making India the 3rd largest consumer market in the world.

India has climbed 30 places in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index this year and IMF has forecast that India will grow at more than 7 percent in 2018 and 2019, ahead of other major economies.

A number of economic reforms have been undertaken by Indian Government including digitisation of the economy, financial inclusion, tax reforms like Goods and Services Tax (GST). More than 326 million persons have opened bank accounts in the last four years making financial inclusion a reality. Tax base has been widened and tax compliance has increased.

India is rapidly expanding its infrastructure. For instance, over 9829 Km national highways were constructed during the year 2017-18 as compared to 8231 km during the previous year.

The policy initiatives taken by the Indian government such as Make in India, Skill India, Digital India, Smart Cities and Start-up India are opening up new opportunities.

We have seen a strong global confidence in the India story with a surge in Foreign Direct Investments which reached over US $ 62 billion in 2017-18. We have a TRIPS compliant IPR regime and our multi-party democracy ensures essential stability and predictability.

Sisters and brothers,

India and Malta have had trade ties for over a century. We now need to take this to the next level. Malta is a freight trans-shipment point, financial centre, and ICT and R&D hub. The business houses in India would do well to consider new and emerging opportunities.

At the same time, Maltese companies could consider investing in India in health, maritime transport, films, pharmaceutical, travel and tourism sectors.

I hope entrepreneurs in both countries will create a new dynamic that will propel our countries’ economies to grow at a pace much faster than today.

We appreciate the recent visit by the Maltese Foreign Minister, Mr.Carmelo Abela to India, to participate in the India-Europe 29 Business Forum, leading a large business delegation to explore trade potential in different sectors.

I do hope the India-Malta Business Forum will set the pace for a new era of enhanced, mutually enriching business environment. India, let me assure you, will most warmly welcome your collaboration, participation and contribution.

I am sure Malta, under the able leadership of Her Excellency, Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca will further enhance our trade relationship in the coming years.

Thank you."

8. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Tete-a-Tete Meeting with the Speaker of the House of Representatives of Malta, Dr. Anglu Farrugia, at the Parliament of Malta, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu Signing the Visitor’s Book, at the Parliament of Malta, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Delegation level talks with the Speaker of the House of Representatives of Malta, Dr. Anglu Farrugia, at the Parliament of Malta, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Acting Prime Minister and Minister for Education & Employment of Malta, Mr. Evarist Bartolo calling on the Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Delegation level talks with the Acting Prime Minister and Minister for Education & Employment of Malta, Mr. Evarist Bartolo, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Leader of Opposition of Malta, Dr. Adrian Delia calling on the Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Leader of Opposition of Malta, Dr. Adrian Delia calling on the Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu visiting the Exhibition Majlis, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla is also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca visiting the Exhibition Majlis, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca at the India-Malta Business Forum Meeting, at the Malta Chamber of Commerce, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the India-Malta Business Forum Meeting, at the Malta Chamber of Commerce, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the India-Malta Business Forum Meeting, at the Malta Chamber of Commerce, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018. The President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla addressing the India-Malta Business Forum Meeting, at the Malta Chamber of Commerce, in Valletta, Malta on September 17, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the St. John’s Co-Cathedral, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu signing the Visitor’s Book at the St. John’s Co-Cathedral, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla is also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu visiting the Upper Barrakka Gardens, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla is also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu visiting the Upper Barrakka Gardens, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla is also seen.

9. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Dingli Cliffs, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Dingli Cliffs, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Historic Mdina City, in Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Cathedral in the Historic Mdina City, in Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Palazzo Falson Museum in the Historic Mdina City, in Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla is also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu signing the Visitor’s Book, at the Palazzo Falson Museum in the Historic Mdina City, in Malta on September 18, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

10. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu being bid farewell by the High Commissioner of Malta to India, Mr. Stephen Borg, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Promotion, Malta, Ms. Fiona Formosa and the High Commissioner of India to Malta, Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw, on his departure, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018.
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu emplanes for Bucharest, Romania after concluding his successful visit to Malta, in Valletta, Malta on September 18, 2018.

19-September, 2018 20:26 IST
    Glad that Romania and India are growing at an unprecedented and steady pace: Vice President

India signs MoU with Romania in the field of Petroleum and Gas Pleased to get Romania's support for resumption of talks on India-European Union Broad-based Trade & Investment Agreement: Vice President Appreciate Romania's support for India in its aspiration for a permanent seat in UN Security Council: Vice President

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that India and Romania are growing at an unprecedented and steady pace. He was holding bilateral discussions with the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis, the President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu and the President of the Chamber of Deputies, Mr. Nicolae-Liviu Dragnea, in Bucharest, during his two-day visit to Romania today. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.

The Vice President explained the working of the parliamentary system and how both India and Romania have been strengthening diplomatic relationship over the last 70 years. He conveyed the good wishes of the people of India to the people of Romania on the centenary year of Romania. He touched upon various initiatives being taken up by the Government of India to deepen the roots of democracy through the three tier governance structure comprising of Parliament, State Assemblies and the local bodies. He underscored India’s commitment and desire to work towards enhancing the already excellent trade relations between the two countries. He appreciated Romania’s initiative to celebrate the International Day of Yoga in Romanian Parliament. He expressed India’s readiness to intensify Parliamentary visits and other high level exchanges between the two countries to strengthen political, economic and cultural ties.

The Vice President had a very fruitful meeting with the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis and greeted the people of Romania on the centenary year of Romania and also expressed happiness that his visit is coinciding the 70th anniversary of the diplomatic relations between the two countries. He complimented the President on Romania’s sustained economic growth and hoped that the trade and investment relationship will further expand deepening the economic linkages between the two countries. The two leaders shared thoughts on regional and global issues with friendly candor. The President of Romania congratulated India on its success in accelerating economic development and promised that he would take further steps to strengthen the relationship between the two countries as well as between European Union and India.

The Vice President said that India values its partnership with European Union and seeks Romania’s support to carry forward the negotiations on India-EU Free Trade Agreement which is under discussions for over three years. The Vice President appreciated Romania's support for resumption of talks on India-EU BTIA (India-European Union Broad-based Trade & Investment Agreement) and willingness to bring this negotiations to an early and successful closure when Romania assumes the presidency of EU later this year.

Responding to the remarks of the President of Romania regarding their countries support to India’s aspiration for permanent membership of UN Security council, the Vice President expressed great appreciation of Romania’s gracious gesture of support not only for this specific issue but also for the broader reforms of UN system.

The Vice President thanked Romania for supporting India’s efforts at developing consensuses on draft Comprehensive Convention on International terrorism. Both the leaders also underscored the need to fight the scourge of terrorism in all forms.

The Petroleum & Gas University of Polesti, Romanaia and the Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gujrat have signed a MoU, in the presence of both the leaders, for capacity building and mutual training in the field of petroleum and gas sector.

Later in the day, the Vice President would be having discussions with the Prime Minister Ms. Vasilica Viorica Dancila and will be addressing the India-Romania Business meeting which will hopefully result in fruitful collaboration and diversification of trade basket covering sectors such as ICT, Pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, infrastructure, logistics, agri-foods and tourism.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu being received by the Vice Prime Minister for Romania’s Strategic Partnerships’ Implementation, Mrs. Ana Birchall, the Ambassador of India to Romania, Shri Thanglura Darlong and the Chief of Protocol, Romania, Dr. Calin Fabian, on his arrival, in Bucharest, Romania on September 18, 2018.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  11. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the President of Chamber of Deputies, Romania, Mr. Liviu Dragnea, at the Palace of Parliament, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the President of Chamber of Deputies, Romania, Mr. Liviu Dragnea, at the Palace of Parliament, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the delegation level talks with the President of Chamber of Deputies, Romania, Mr. Liviu Dragnea, at the Palace of Parliament, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu, at the Palace of Parliament, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu, at the Palace of Parliament, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu witnessing the signing of MoU in the field of Petroleum & Gas, at the Palace of Parliament, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu making joint press statement, at the Palace of Parliament, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu calling on the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis, at the Presidential Palace, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu calling on the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis, at the Presidential Palace, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the delegation level talks with the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis, at the Presidential Palace, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis making joint press statement, at the Presidential Palace, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu signing the Visitor’s Book in the presence of the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis, at the Presidential Palace, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Werner Iohannis, at the Presidential Palace, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the Prime Minister of Romania, Ms. Viorica Dancila, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the delegation level talks with the Prime Minister of Romania, Ms. Viorica Dancila, in Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

12. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    20-September, 2018 12:11 IST
    Foster a genuine, multifaceted Indo-Romanian partnership: Vice President

India has one of the fastest growth rates in the world;

Addresses India-Romania Business Forum Meeting

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has asked the Romanian Businessmen to create a genuine, multifaceted Indo-Romanian partnership. He was addressing the India-Romania Business Forum Meeting, in Bucharest, Romania today. The President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu, the Vice Prime Minister of Romania, Dr. Ana Birchall, the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.

The Vice President invited Romanian businessmen to partner with India in its exciting and transformative journey. He further said that India-Romania annual bilateral trade has risen to US $ 810 million in 2017-18, a 40% increase over last year (USD 575 million). This is a huge development in our bilateral economic relations and we need to sustain this momentum to scale it up even higher GFX out, he added.

Saying that India’s economic transformation in recent past presents fresh opportunities in multiple sectors for Romanian entrepreneurs, the Vice President invited them to invest in India. With a growth rate over 8%, India is one of the fastest growth rates in the world for a large economy, he added.

The Vice President said that India has managed a positive swing in stock market indices, foreign exchange reserves, and public investment in infrastructure and welfare measures. Government investment in infrastructure development has increased exponentially and it is already visible in the improved railways, roads, airports and shipping infrastructure in our country, he added.

Saying that India has one of the best regulated financial systems in the world, the Vice President highlighted how India became the most attractive FDI destinations in the world. He further said that demonetisation and the GST have been successfully implemented for India to emerge as a transparent, modern and unified market. Greater ease of doing business is being reported from different corners of the country and tax rates are harmonised across the country, he noted. More than 320 million bank accounts have been opened under the Jan Dhan Yojana for the first time enabling direct cash benefit transfers and millions of LPG connections have been given to rural women, he added.

"I am delighted to be here amongst large gathering of eminent Romanian business leaders this afternoon. Your presence here is an affirmation of your continued and renewed interest in exploring business opportunities. I hope the interactions among the business leaders of the two sides during the course of the day have been fruitful.

India-Romania annual bilateral trade has risen to US $ 810 million in 2017-18, a 40% increase over last year (USD 575 million). This is a huge development in our bilateral economic relations. We need to sustain this momentum to scale it up even higher

India has embarked on the path of economic transformation and this presents fresh opportunities in multiple sectors for Romanian entrepreneurs. Indian economy is growing at over 8%, which is one of the fastest growth rates in the world for a large economy. We have managed a positive swing in stock market indices, foreign exchange reserves, public investment in infrastructure and welfare measures. Government investment in infrastructure development has increased exponentially and it is already visible in the improved railways, roads, airports and shipping infrastructure in our country.

We are committed to build a five trillion dollar economy by 2025, making us the 3rd largest consumer market in the world. India has climbed 42 placed in the World Bank’s Ease of Business Index. We are strengthening the manufacturing sector through the Make in India program even as our services sector remains robust and high-tech.

India also has one of the best regulated financial systems in the world. It is now ranked as one of the most attractive FDI destinations in the world. We have a TRIPS compliant IPR regime and our multi-party democracy ensures essential stability and predictability.

Demonetisation and the GST have been successfully implemented for India to emerge as a transparent, modern and unified market. Greater ease of doing business is being reported from different corners of the country and tax rates are harmonised across the country. More than 320 million bank accounts have been opened under the Jan Dhan Yojana for the first time enabling direct cash benefit transfers. Millions of LPG connections have been given to rural women.

We have launched flagship programs including the Swachh Bharat i.e. Clean India, Skill India, Make in India, Digital India, Industrial Corridors and Smart Cities development programs. I encourage Romanian companies to participate actively in these and reap the dividends from these profitable flagship programmes.

Today, I had meaningful discussions with Prime Minister Madam Dancila, on taking forward India-Romania multifaceted relations, with special emphasis on our economic ties. We are both convinced that there is immense potential to take the relationship, to a higher level.

Our economies have significant complementarities which can be leveraged for mutually beneficial cooperation. Several Indian companies in the sectors of IT, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, healthcare have made their mark in Romania. These companies have invested significantly and have created thousands of jobs to benefit the local communities and economy. I am told that Genpact and WIPRO each have engaged more than 4000 employees.

Romanian companies are also operating in India and the cumulative FDI inflows from Romania to India is around USD 7.5 million. There are opportunities for bilateral investment flows between a growing Romanian economy and a huge Indian market in sectors such as IT, automobiles, mining, agriculture and food processing, tourism, healthcare products and energy. India stands ready to welcome more Romanian investors and I encourage Romanian entrepreneurs to partner in Indian growth story.

India has emerged as one of the leaders in renewable energies and my Government has launched a massive push for clean power. We aim at installing 100 GW of solar power by 2022. Solar power prices in India have hit a record low, thus bringing us close to achieving our goals under the Paris Climate Change accords. In this sector therefore, we offer one of the most exciting opportunities for Romania.

Earlier this evening Bucharest Chamber of Commerce of Romania signed 3 MoU with with leading chambers of commerce CII, ASSOCHAM and PHDCCI will surely pave the way for greater and better exchange of information and cooperation in the trade and investment sectors.

In conclusion, I invite you all to partner us in India’s exciting and transformative journey which is going to usher in a new era not just for India and Romania but also for the world. Let us use our imagination to open up exciting and growing opportunities in many spheres with a friendly democratic partner and create a genuine, multifaceted Indo-Romanian partnership.

Thank you!"

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu at the India-Romania Business Forum Meeting, at Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018. The Vice Prime Minister of Romania, Mrs. Ana Birchall, the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing at the India-Romania Business Forum Meeting, at Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018. The President of the Senate of Romania, Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu, the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing at the India-Romania Business Forum Meeting, at Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla addressing at the India-Romania Business Forum Meeting, at Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla addressing at the India-Romania Business Forum Meeting, at Bucharest, Romania on September 19, 2018.

13. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Prahova Chamber of Commerce & Industries, in Ploiesti, Romania on September 20, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Prahova Chamber of Commerce & Industries, in Ploiesti, Romania on September 20, 2018. The President of the Chamber of Commerce, Mr. A. Gogulescu is also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Prahova Chamber of Commerce & Industries, in Ploiesti, Romania on September 20, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Prahova Chamber of Commerce & Industries, in Ploiesti, Romania on September 20, 2018.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Prahova Chamber of Commerce & Industries, in Ploiesti, Romania on September 20, 2018. The President of the Chamber of Commerce, Mr. A. Gogulescu, the President, County Council, Mr. Toader Bogdan Andrei, the Prefect of Prahova, Mrs. Lupea Ioana Madalina, the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.
    CNR :118464 P

14. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    21-September, 2018 09:51 IST
    Vice President returns after successful visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania

The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu was on an official Visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania from September 14-20, 2018 and returned today after a successful official visit.

The visit was characterised by extremely cordial discussions with Heads of Governments, PMs and other senior political leaders. The visit helped in deepening bilateral ties with each of these three countries.

Some key outcomes:

1. Support for India’s aspiration to be on UNSC and for taking forward UN reforms.
    2. Endorsement of India’s stand on terror and support for early adoption of United Nation’s Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.
    3. Strong support for resuming EU-India trade agreement after Romania assumes Presidency of EU.
    4. Business Forums generated a good deal of enthusiasm among the industrialists and businessmen in every country as they got to listen to the Vice President about India’s transformative initiatives. The growth story and the reports from World Bank, IMF quoted by Vice President enhanced awareness.
    5. The leaders in all the countries expressed unequivocal admiration for India’s economic growth and were eager to engage and partner with India politically, economically and culturally. In Romania, there was a special interest in Space and Aerospace. Malta expressed its desire to join the International Solar Alliance.
    6. There was a clear demand for Parliamentary friendship groups and frequent visits by Parliamentarians.
    7. The visit gave an opportunity for the members of India Diaspora to listen to the Vice President about the transformative agenda of the government and encouraged them to think of various ways in which they can contribute to the country’s development. The vice President underscored the growing importance of India on the world stage and drew attention to four key features that need to be recognised. He called them 4Ds – Democracy, Demographic dividend, Demand and Diaspora.
    8. The visit evoked a lot of interest among the top political leadership and there was an air of bonhomie in all the meetings. The banquets hosted by the President of Serbia and Malta as well as by the President of Senate of Romania provided an opportunity for sharing views on bilateral and multilateral issues with rare candour.
    9. The address to the Serbian Parliament was very well received and the admiration for India as the largest democracy and a vibrant, well functioning polity was more than evident in the standing ovation the Vice President received at the end of his address.
    10. MOUs entered into related to plant protection, tourism, air services, oil research, diplomatic training and maritime cooperation.
    11. In all the three countries, there was considerable interest in Yoga and Ayurveda and in Romania, the Vice President launched two books on Ayurveda and inaugurated an Ayurveda Information Centre.
    The Vice President was accompanied by Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Minister of State in Ministry of Finance, three Members of Parliament from Rajya Sabha - Shri Prasanna Acharya, Smt Vijila Sathyananth, Ms. Saroj Pandey and one Member of Parliament from Lok Sabha - Shri Raghav Lakhanpal and other officials.

Following is the detailed Press Note:

"The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu was on an official Visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania from September 14-20, 2018 and returned today.

On the first leg of his three-nation tour, the Vice President visited Serbia from September 14-16, 2018 at the invitation of the President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksander Vucic.
    During the visit, the Vice President had a meeting with President of Serbia, Mr. Aleksander Vucic, who hosted a Banquet in the honour of the Vice President. There were also separate meetings of Vice President with Ms. Maja Gojkovic, Speaker of the National Assembly of Serbia and Ms. Ana Brnabic, Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia hosted a lunch for the Vice President. The Vice President laid a Wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Serbia.

Marking the revival of the spirit of warmth and cooperation of Marshal Tito-Pandit Nehru years, the Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu was extended the rare honour of addressing the special session of the Parliament of the Republic of Serbia in Belgrade. It was in the same hallowed hall of the National Assembly of Serbia that former Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru addressed the world leaders while launching the Non-Alignment Movement (NAM) along with the veteran leader of Yugoslavia Marshal Tito in 1961.

Speaker of the Serbian Parliament received Shri Naidu and escorted him to the podium and introduced him to the Members of the House.

The Vice President’s address was applauded quite a few times and particularly when he said that Marshal Tito was a household name in India when he (Shri Naidu) was a school student. The Vice President received huge standing ovation on the conclusion of his address to the law makers of Serbia.

During the day, Shri Naidu held detailed discussions on a range of bilateral and multilateral issues with President Mr. Aleksander Vucic, the Prime Minister Ms. Ana Brnabic and Speaker of the National Assembly of Serbia Ms. Maja Gojkovic besides addressing a business forum.

During the joint media briefing along with Shri Naidu, President of Serbia Mr. Aleksander Vucic complimented the Indian political leadership for stellar economic results. He said “India is witnessing exceptional economic progress. We are happy for the country who has been our long time friend and well wisher”. He also thanked India for recognizing Serbia’s territorial integrity. Mr. Vucic stressed that Serbia is keen to engage with India on agriculture, pharmacy, IT and generic medicines. He evinced interest in defense cooperation.

On the occasion of 70 years of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Serbia Post and India Post have released commemorative stamps on renowned Serbian Physicist and Innovator Nikola Tesla and Swami Vivekananda. Shri Naidu noted that Swami Vivekananda’s thoughts and ideas left a deep impression on Tesla’s works.

In the presence of the President of Serbia and the Vice President of India agreements were signed. Agreement on Plant Protection and Quarantine that seeks to enhance trade in fruits, vegetables and processed foods and revised Air Services agreement aims at promoting connectivity boosting trade and tourism including direct air link between the two countries.

He also addressed the business representatives of India and Serbia at a Business Forum and interacted with the Indian Community during the visit.
    The Vice president visited Malta from September 16-18, 2018 at the invitation of the President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca. India was one of the first countries to recognize Malta in 1964 and established diplomatic relations soon after the independence of Malta.

During the visit, the Vice President had a meeting with President Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca. The two leaders discussed the whole gamut of bilateral relations and also our cooperation in multilateral and international forums. President Coleiro acknowledged Indian diaspora’s positive contribution to the Maltese society especially in sectors like Health care and Information Technology. The fact that both Indian and Maltese economies are performing very well, the scope of mutual cooperation is very high in several sectors such as ICT, pharmaceuticals & health care, maritime cooperation, tourism etc.

President Coleiro thanked the Government of India for opening a Resident High Commission of India in Malta. The two leaders strongly condemned terrorism in all its forms, saying that there could be no justification for terrorism. There is an urgent need to strengthen the global counter-terrorism legal framework to combat this global menace.

The two leaders expressed concern about issue of global warming and climate change. President Coleiro commended India’s effort to focus on renewable energy and the initiative of International Solar Alliance. Malta is giving a positive consideration to joining the ISA as a partner country.

Malta confirmed its support to India’s candidature in various multilateral forums.

Three Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) namely; (i) MoU on Maritime Cooperation between Ministry of Shipping, India and Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure and Capital Projects, Malta; (ii) MoU on mutual cooperation between the Foreign Service Institute, India and The Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies, University of Malta, and (iii) MoU in the field of Tourism Cooperation between India and Malta, were signed in the presence of the two leaders.
    The Vice President also had a meeting with Dr. Angelo Farrugia, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Parliament of Malta and Mr. Evarist Bartolo, Acting Prime Minister of Malta. Later in the day, the Vice President addressed the business representatives of India and Malta at a Business Forum and the Indian community during the visit.
    The Vice President visited Romania from September 18-20, 2018 at the invitation of the Mr. Calin Popescu-Tariceanu, the President of the Senate of Romania. The Vice President, Shri Naidu was received by President of Senate Tariceanu and was accorded a very warm welcome.
    The visit is coincided with the 70 years of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Romania and the Centenary year for Romania. It was also the fifth year of Declaration of Extended Partnership between India and Romania.

The Vice President had a separate meetings with the President of Romania, Mr. Klaus Iohannis, the President of the Chamber of Deputies of Romanian Parliament, Mr. Nicolae Liviu Dragnea, and the Prime Minister of Romania, Ms. Vasilica Viorica Dancila.

The bilateral talks with the Romanian leadership were held in a warm, cordial and positive atmosphere, reflecting the long-standing and friendly bilateral relationship between India and Romania.

Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation on Tourism, Memorandum of Understanding between Petroleum-Gas University, Ploiesti and Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar and three Memorandums of Understanding of Bucharest Chamber of Commerce each with CII, ASSOCHAM and PHDCCI were signed during the visit.

Both sides appreciated a long tradition of the Indology and welcomed the growing popularity of Yoga in Romania. Given the increasing interest in Ayurveda in Romania, the Vice President of India inaugurated the AYUSH Information Cell and unveiled a Book on Ayurveda.

The Romanian leaders offered their support for resumption of negotiations for early conclusion of India-EU Broad based Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA) with balanced outcomes, especially in the context of Romania’s upcoming Presidency of EU Council from January 2019.

Both sides affirmed the need for a comprehensive reform of the United Nations, including its Security Council. In this context, President Iohannis and Prime Minister Dancila reaffirmed the Romania's endorsement of India's aspirations to become a Permanent Member of the UN Security Council.

Both sides expressed satisfaction regarding mutual support for each other’s candidatures for international organizations. Both sides affirmed commitment to fight the scourge of terrorism, its financing and safe havens. In this context, Romanian side expressed its support to developing consensus on draft UN Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.

The Vice President Naidu addressed India-Romania Business Forum meeting along with Romanian President of Senate, Minister for Business Environment, Commerce and Entrepreneurship. This kind of Business Forum was being held after almost a decade and was co-ordinated by Bucharest Chambers of Commerce and Indian Chambers of Commerce like CII, PHDCCI, and ASSOCHAM. The presence of larger number of Romanian business people indicated growing interest in investing in India, especially in the sectors like Petroleum and Natural gas Information technology, manufacturing, defence, pharmaceuticals, infrastructure, real estate, tourism etc.

The Vice President Naidu addressed the Prahova Chamber of Commerce in Ploiesti and also addressed the vibrant Indian diaspora in Romania on 20 September.

The Vice President was accompanied by Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, the Minister of State in Ministry of Finance, three Members of Parliament from Rajya Sabha - Shri Prasanna Acharya, Smt Vijila Sathyananth, Ms. Saroj Pandey and one Member of Parliament from Lok Sabha - Shri Raghav Lakhanpal and other officials.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at an event to address the Indian Community Reception, in Bucharest, Romania on September 20, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Indian Community Reception, in Bucharest, Romania on September 20, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu addressing the Indian Community Reception, in Bucharest, Romania on September 20, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu with a group of Indian diaspora, at the Indian Community Reception, in Bucharest, Romania on September 20, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu with a group of Indian diaspora, at the Indian Community Reception, in Bucharest, Romania on September 20, 2018. The Minister of State for Finance, Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla and other dignitaries are also seen.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu being bid farewell by the Secretary of State for Global Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Romania, Ms. Monica Gheorghita, the Chief of Protocol, Romania, Dr. Calin Fabian and the Ambassador of India to Romania, Shri Thanglura Darlong, on his departure , in Bucharest, Romania on September 20, 2018.

[​IMG]

The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu emplanes for India after his successful visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania, in Bucharest, Romania on September 20, 2018.

15. Hindustani78

Ratings:
    +5 / 12,553 / -4
    India
    [​IMG]
    25-September, 2018 20:22 IST
    Information Cell set up at the Indian Embassy in Romania

Information Cell at the premises of the Indian Embassy in Romania to disseminate authentic information about system of practice in Romania. The Information Cell, Romania will help to organise lectures, consultation, conduct seminars, training courses and facilitate associations of stakeholders for networking conducting meetings, develop awareness of system among public in Romania.

During the visit to Romania on September 19, 2018, digitally inaugurated the Information Cell.