What's new

Unctad report: India sees sharpest rise in FDI inflows among key nations

Protest_again

May 19, 2019
Country
India
Unctad report: India sees sharpest rise in FDI inflows among key nations

India and China were two major “outliers” in a gloomy year for foreign direct investment (FDI ), as global inflows plunged 42% on year in 2020 to $859 billion, the lowest level since the 1990s, according to the latest Unctad report.

While India witnessed a 13% year-on-year rise, the highest among key nations, in FDI inflows in 2020, China’s rose 4%. Of course, in absolute term, China remained way ahead, with an inflow of as much as $163 billion, while India’s stood at $57 billion. Inflows into India were boosted by those into the digital sector, the report said. Analysts have pointed out that a sizable chunk of these was drawn by Reliance Jio alone.

The UK and Italy saw an over 100% crash each in FDI inflows, followed by Russia (96% drop), Germany (61%), Brazil (50%), the US (49%), Australia (46%) and France (39%).

The Unctad report also warned that uncertainty about the Covid-19 evolution will continue to hamper global FDI inflows in 2021, “threatening sustainable recovery prospects”.

Developing economies drew as much as 72% of global FDI in 2020 – their highest share on record. Asian nations did particularly well, attracting $476 billion in FDI last year.

VkdIndian

Jan 6, 2021
Country
India
Just adding one more piece of news regarding Indian economy-

This when Corona impacted India in a major way. If this is any indication, the real good story is about to start.

Bad news for doomsday fanboys declaring death of Indian economy due to COVID.

Desi_Guy

Dec 21, 2014
Country
India
Born to rise.
Region living under the umbrella of religion shall say -: “Aapne ghabrana nahi hai ;)

Capt. Karnage

BANNED
May 24, 2020
Country
India
Born to rise.
Region living under the umbrella of religion shall say -: “Aapne ghabrana nahi hai ;)
Economy is doing its worst in the history of independent India, don't get too elated. This means nothing when millions have lost their jobs and economic size has gone down by almost 500 billion dollars.

Desi_Guy

Dec 21, 2014
Country
India
Economy is doing its worst in the history of independent India, don't get too elated. This means nothing when millions have lost their jobs and economic size has gone down by almost 500 billion dollars.
The share market and the growth forecasting agencies speak otherwise.
Although I do agree we had hit a speed breaker back in 2018 but all the reforms that Modi tried to implement were essential.......even GST.
Wait for a couple of decades till Pakistan also adopts this mechanism. Let’s just say we were the early entrants in the region.

Protest_again

May 19, 2019
Country
India
Stop polluting the thread with your nonsense. Indian economy has bounced back and would grow in double digits next year. Pandemic is god sent to reform our economy, you'll see massive structural changes going forward in the economy. Farm laws are master stroke. And you are a sour grape.

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
Just adding one more piece of news regarding Indian economy-

This when Corona impacted India in a major way. If this is any indication, the real good story is about to start.

Bad news for doomsday fanboys declaring death of Indian economy due to COVID.
I don't think we should celebrate TCS. It is just a IT services company. No real intellectual product out of it. It is not an Indian Intel / ARM / Microsoft / Blackberry QNX / IBM etc.

Born to rise.
So India is an evolved society out of the umbrella of religion and ritual ?

VkdIndian

Jan 6, 2021
Country
India
I don't think we should celebrate TCS.
I would celebrate success of an Indian entity doing well for itself. Even if it is not as cutting edge as the companies quoted by you.

Actually, I have no issues in praising a company from Pakistan or China too if they break any barriers and do well for themselves.

This is more so in these times when Wuhan pandemic gives a bleak outlook and everything appears dark.

So service providers or otherwise my praise for everyone who excels in these times. Keep going.👍👍

Capt. Karnage

BANNED
May 24, 2020
Country
India
Stop polluting the thread with your nonsense. Indian economy has bounced back and would grow in double digits next year. Pandemic is god sent to reform our economy, you'll see massive structural changes going forward in the economy. Farm laws are master stroke. And you are a sour grape.
Yeah yeah, economic size shrunk, employment and general prices of goods at all time high, more factories in India have closed than the entire pakistan have, and a bunch of brainless monkeys running the country, nice bounce back me bhakt.

And every masterstroke of your god feku results in the devastation of the Indian people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom